PDA

View Full Version : warranty

tukid18
10-25-2006, 12:10 PM
can anyone suggest where should I get an ext warranty, and is it even worth getting one? and if so which one should I get.

merc
10-25-2006, 01:36 PM
can anyone suggest where should I get an ext warranty, and is it even worth getting one? and if so which one should I get.

You can buy at this site.
http://www.fordwarrantys.com/

Blown3.8
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
How much do you plan to mod it? if your gonna put a blower on it i would save your money. if you wanna keep the engine stock for 100,000 miles then get a warranty. the engine and trans are the expensive things that wont be covered if you modify it. and if you have any kind of mechanical ability most other things you can fix yourself or with help from others on this board. thats 2k you could put in the bank and use as needed if something breaks which most of the time is a 50 to 100 part.

Just something to think about. thats all ford or whoever has the policy is doing collecting interest on your money till something breaks and they need to fix it. But if you do get one get the one from Ford.

whoskal
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a Ford ext warranty, had it thrown in with the car.....all I have to say is if something breaks you'll wish you had it...that's why I am holding off on any major modding

CRUZTAKER
10-25-2006, 06:15 PM
The problem here is that the warranties get pricier as the age/milage racks up.
I have the Platinum package with a $50 deductable. I am fortunate that my servicing dealer (or atleast the service manager) is cool with my mods. However, if a service issue escalated to the point of major engine repair, he would be forced to deal with the infamous 'Ford Rep' for approval. It doesn't always involve an 'in person' visit with this fellow, as some times a phone call is all that is needed. But if this guy chooses to 'come see'....I am likely screwed.

As far as the little things such as alternator, keyless entry, a leaky window, a failed shock or strut....I am completely covered no questions asked. For the most part, a good relationship with your service advisor is key to avoiding any hassles.

Now then, to answer your question, THE PLATINUM works for me nicely.

We once had a vendor here that offered discounted warranties, and I took advantage and got the 7/75 for less than 1k.

I am not sure if our member Ray "The Dealer" at this site can help you in regards to extended warranties, as for the most part he just hooks us up with parts at MAJOR discounted Ford parts/accesories prices....I say JUST....:rolleyes: Rat indeed goes far under retail for us. :up:

Perhaps he can, perhaps he cannot....
Look up his profile in the MEMBERS LIST, his phone number is in his SIG.

tuttw1957
10-26-2006, 08:47 AM
but when I called to get one they told me I couldn't because the original warranty expired and I brought the car used from someone, is this true, if so what should I do now, I don't have any mods so please help me