PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Marauder...

Peter
10-26-2006, 08:58 AM
I was thinking even though I'm not apart of the SVTO club I was wondering if all of us can get together there?
What do you say:beer:

--Peter

Dr Caleb
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd go, but can't for the same reasons I couldn't go to Indy or Florida. Distance.

Toronto is a 43 hour non-stop drive from me, and sometimes I'm 14 hours north of here.

If you go to this thread, and zoom out, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21956

And the snow should be flying and here to stay come Saturday. Now, planning an event for Spring, in say, Winnipeg! That's has legs!

Peter
10-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I'd go, but can't for the same reasons I couldn't go to Indy or Florida. Distance.

Toronto is a 43 hour non-stop drive from me, and sometimes I'm 14 hours north of here.

And the snow should be flying and here to stay come Saturday. Now, planning an event for Spring, in say, Winnipeg! That's has legs!
I understand we have to have an event where we can all get together and find the best place too.

grampaws
10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Website or actual meet..??

Peter
10-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Website or actual meet..??
Actual Meet.

Hotrauder
10-26-2006, 02:08 PM

Glenn, the drive from Radium Hot Springs up to Banff and then on up to Lake Louise them to Jasper covers some of the prettiest country on the globe for my money. Elk all over the place, Bears, Mountain Sheep in the road, etc. Couple of down sides. When we were there the last leg up to Jasper was not paved, Stone damage was horrific and we drove thru 6" of new snow on the way back south on August 14th. We had a great trip and hope to get back sometime soon. Dennis .. and yes you are a long long way from anywhere near a meet of any size.

Dr Caleb
10-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Glenn, the drive from Radium Hot Springs up to Banff and then on up to Lake Louise them to Jasper covers some of the prettiest country on the globe for my money. Elk all over the place, Bears, Mountain Sheep in the road, etc.

I hear ya Dennis. :beer:

But I suggest Winnipeg because it's reasonably central, and if I can't drive all the way back to the 'center of the universe' ;) , why should I suggest they come out here? Of course, if they want to, I'll take point on that drive! It is spectacular, as is coming back on the western route through BC (Kamloops -> Blue River -> Jasper). I used to live in Jasper, so Highway 93 is a well known route for me. You must have taken highway 93a that paralells 93, and the last time I was on it it was really crappy too. But a much better view!

I know places in the province you can see Buffalo and Golden Bears on the side of the road as well.

I'm not always that far away, I now usually travel to Yellowknife once a month or so, just to service an old customer there. And speaking of which, the Alaska Highway, Anchorage to Whitehorse to Fort Nelson, BC is stunning too.

North of Whitehorse is the Dempster Highway, from which few return. Nasty!