PDA

View Full Version : Administrative Request

Dragcity
10-27-2006, 05:43 AM
I was poking around all my old pictures and find I should delete a bunch, to free up room for myself, or others.

As I was trying to accomplish my goals of "housekeeeping", I found it very time consuming to delete one-at-a-time. The way it is set up, we have to go back in and go through a fairly lengthy process to remove photos singley.

I respectfully request the edit tool be simplified. What would be good is if I could somply "Right Click" then select "Delete" from a drop down menu.

So, what do you think?

I'm sure the site could use to loose some dead weight from old pictures....

The present deletion process is lengthy. If simplified, maybe others would be encouraged to clean up some dead wood....

Thank you for your consideration.

magindat
10-27-2006, 05:56 AM
I got some I'd like to delete, too.

HotrodMerc
10-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Sounds like a good suggestion. I have a somewhat related request for Admin. or anyone else who would help: in uploading photos.
I am likely in the lower 50 percentile of internet and Windows literacy, but in following the procedure in gallery under UPLOAD to Members Gallery, and typing in the correct file name for a pic, and completing the other fields, nothing would happen. At first i did not put anything in the "Description" box, so put some test info. in there to see if that was the problem, still didn't take.
Would someone please give me some guidance in this, so that i may get to the point of needing to delete photos? Thank you in advance!

Dragcity
10-27-2006, 06:40 AM
I think there may be glitch today. I had a bit of space left, but could not upload a new pic. That is what prompted me to delete. I thought maybe this site had too much clutter. I deleted a few the hard way, and still can't upload.

DEFYANT
10-27-2006, 09:38 AM
+1

Make deleting easier.

DEFYANT
10-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Whats taking so long?

:D

SergntMac
10-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Whats taking so long?

:D Do any of you gents have a reservation?

SergntMac
10-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Just kidding...Yeah, I've had to go through that too, and it sucks. I wish it could be easier, but it doesn't look that way to me. We're still looking at this, please be patient.

MM03MOK
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
If anyone knows of another gallery program they might have seen or used on another forum, let us know. I'm sure there are others out there.

Raudermaster
10-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, I know of one, but I'm unsure of the name of it, and you folks have probably been there to notice it. Crownvic.net has a different setup than vBulletin, and in the gallery (you have to donate to the site to use it) they display all your pictures, with checkboxes that you can just scroll down and delete all at once.