PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to have more members invest into MM.net

Blackened300a
10-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Just a suggestion to raise money for this site and to put something of substance in the hands of the members besides extra PM space, More Gallery room and a forum that nobodys uses.

Out of the 9 of you, Is it possible to find a place that can produce a official MM.net jacket??
Through polls and member suggestions a jacket can be created for rather cheap if purchased in a large number. You put your profit between $50-$75 per jacket. Now instead of people throwing the usual $25 your way towards the site, they now are making a larger investment and have something to show for it.
This site has been around a long time with many members here since the begining, its obvious that there are grudges and bad blood built up between the older members and the new owners. This will cause some members to think twice about throwing money towards some of the nine owners even though it would be for the good of the site.
Now they can put that aside because they are buying a Jacket and supporting the site at the same time.
I have a tenant that rents one of my families buildings that makes jackets and T-shirts for the NYPD,FDNY,and Sports teams. I can get the info and a group discount is this idea floats.

I would really like to see this site up and running with things back to normal by this time next year.

Hotrauder
10-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I like the idea of MM.Net jackets and think as a fund raising project it makes sense. If Admin has no interest any of the regionals could pick this idea up and run with it for the benefit of the regional. How about it? Dennis:confused:

MM03MOK
10-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I like the idea alot! We just need some time to look into it. I'm moving this thread to Site Suggestions. Thanks, Paul!

Breadfan
10-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Keep in mind it sounds like you are offering we purchase shares of MM.net stock - making us shareholders rather than just stakeholders as we are from std. donations.

There is a difference between a shareholder and stakeholder...it suggests distributed ownership giving those who buy into shares a small voting voice based on the number of shares they have. (Well sounds like one unless you buy multiple jackets! :D )

I think the idea is great but just pointing out to whomever it may concern that it sounds like this is a suggestion to offer partial member ownership through shares.

Me? I'd just want a jacket!!!

MM03MOK
10-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Keep in mind it sounds like you are offering we purchase shares of MM.net stock - making us shareholders rather than just stakeholders as we are from std. donations.

There is a difference between a shareholder and stakeholder...it suggests distributed ownership giving those who buy into shares a small voting voice based on the number of shares they have. (Well sounds like one unless you buy multiple jackets! :D )

I think the idea is great but just pointing out to whomever it may concern that it sounds like this is a suggestion to offer partial member ownership through shares.

Me? I'd just want a jacket!!!I did not get that impression at all from this suggestion, but thanks for pointing it out, that someone may interpret it that way.

Breadfan
10-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I did not get that impression at all from this suggestion, but thanks for pointing it out, that someone may interpret it that way.

You're probably right Mary - just talk of investment and more substance from the investment...guess I was just curious if we were buying stake or stock :)

At anyrate I like the idea, one way to raise money would be to offer products such as that, I for one would love more Marauder logo gear!!

RCSignals
10-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I think the suggestion was more along the lines of a 'Premium' offer for higher contribution.
Kind of like some groups/clubs do to entice people to become life members.

It's not a bad idea.

mailman
10-29-2006, 07:09 AM
I'd love a jacket. Bought my car used so I missed the leather one. I think it would go over big !

Peter
10-29-2006, 07:15 AM
I'd love a jacket. Bought my car used so I missed the leather one. I think it would go over big !
Me too, I bought mine new and I didn't get a jacket:alone: :bigcry:

max454
10-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Me too, I bought mine new and I didn't get a jacket:alone: :bigcry:ford gave jackets when you bought the car new ?

Peter
10-29-2006, 07:35 AM
ford gave jackets when you bought the car new ?
I know ford had it the dealer never gave it, I bought it new in '03

fastblackmerc
10-29-2006, 07:49 AM
I know ford had it the dealer never gave it, I bought it new in '03

You should have gotten a coupon in the mail after you bought your MM, if you bought it new, to send in with your jacket size. It's a really nice jacket.....

Peter
10-29-2006, 07:59 AM
You should have gotten a coupon in the mail after you bought your MM, if you bought it new, to send in with your jacket size. It's a really nice jacket.....
Never recieved it, I highly doubt Ford still has them:(

chrish
10-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Just a suggestion to raise money for this site and to put something of substance in the hands of the members besides extra PM space, More Gallery room and a forum that nobodys uses.

Out of the 9 of you, Is it possible to find a place that can produce a official MM.net jacket??
Through polls and member suggestions a jacket can be created for rather cheap if purchased in a large number. You put your profit between $50-$75 per jacket. Now instead of people throwing the usual $25 your way towards the site, they now are making a larger investment and have something to show for it.
This site has been around a long time with many members here since the begining, its obvious that there are grudges and bad blood built up between the older members and the new owners. This will cause some members to think twice about throwing money towards some of the nine owners even though it would be for the good of the site.
Now they can put that aside because they are buying a Jacket and supporting the site at the same time.
I have a tenant that rents one of my families buildings that makes jackets and T-shirts for the NYPD,FDNY,and Sports teams. I can get the info and a group discount is this idea floats.

I would really like to see this site up and running with things back to normal by this time next year.
like the idea of the coat...
now down to busines.
hait to be the A-hole BUT, is your tenant a sponsering member? rules are rules....:nono:

SergntMac
10-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Jackets with a small profit is an excellent idea, thank you Paul. However, we do have some history in this, and when you do not remember your history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Truth is, folks do not really cough up and buy when it's time to buy, but they make a lot of promises before then. CMS's recent floormat offer is a great example, 50 some votes for the product, only 6 buyers. Not a good ratio, eh?

Meanwhile, we have sold Marauder specific items here before, from lapel pins to very nice custom shirts and light jackets. Althetic bags, "two suit" travel bags, portfolios, note and map pads, coffee and beverage mugs, shot glasses, cups, key chains, lanyards, even pens and note pads that fit the OH console.

We had a "Marauder store" right on our home page, and it went out of business for lack of business. Every one of those enterprising members were left with a remarkable amount of stock on hand, their initial investment in design and inventory was a loss for them, personally. Most of them came to give product away as door prizes at local meets. Sorry, this is the truth of our history.

We do have plans to off-load the financing of operations with special offers to our membership, but plans are still on the design table. Our goal is to be self-sufficient someday, without any costs to the membership at all. But, it's down the road, and will prolly not be ready until after the first quarter of 2007.

As it's been said ^ there, "shares and stock" in MM.Net are not available, it's written in our charter and agreed upon by all nine owners. The 9 investors each donated an equal amount of cash to the purchase. No one investor holds any more interest than the remaining 8. The "nine slices" of ownership is the only return on this investment and that's intangible, like an honorary degree from college, nothing more than a piece of paper.

That paper says an owner can retire from his responsibility, and he can get voted into mandatory retirement by the remaining 8. Should this occur, no monies of initial investment will be refunded or returned. We cannot return any money because we don't have that money anymore. It was spent in the down payment on the site, and the remaining balance is due 1 Dec. 2006. There is no money to give back, and we all knew this when we contributted our cash.

No single owner can sell, trade, or, otherwise transfer his "slice" or seat to another party. If, and when a seat is vacated for any reason, the seat is closed. The remaining 8 owners can decide additional action when this is becomes the case, but at the present time, it's "no vacancy".

This is why recent and public offers to buy the site by interested parties cannot be acted upon. It's in our agreement that we cannot sell. I am sure if all nine owners decided to amend this agreement and sell, legally we could transfer the site into other hands. But honestly, as frustrated as we sometimes felt this past week, not one of us considered that option, and I do not believe we would agree if the topic were to come up. Safe to say, we don't want to sell. The agreement cannot be ammended by majority vote, it has to be a unanimous decision.

If we can get back in the good graces with our supporting vendors, one of our ideas is to hold quarterly raffles of valuable mods. Things like a torque converter, a set of OEM tires, control arms, one year supply of the engine oil of your choice, ect.

Donation of the raffle prize would be helpful, but just getting that at cost is helpful too. Afforable raffle tickets, maybe a dollar, or, five dollars each, hoping that volume covers the purchase of the prize. Maybe even start a poll asking y'all what you would buy a raffle ticket for? Like I said it's on the design table, and I am eager to get back to that. Moreover, we do not wish to move any further on fundraising until MV-IV is concluded. They have the all important fundraising spotlight right now, please support this event any way you can?

Please keep the ideas coming?

Blackened300a
10-29-2006, 08:18 AM
like the idea of the coat...
now down to busines.
hait to be the A-hole BUT, is your tenant a sponsering member? rules are rules....:nono:

No hes not, but I never gave his name or posted a pic of a sweatshirt with his logo on it. :P

SergntMac
10-29-2006, 08:30 AM
No hes not, but I never gave his name or posted a pic of a sweatshirt with his logo on it. :PCalm down gents, please read the notices at the top of every forum?

Peter
10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Jackets with a small profit is an excellent idea, thank you Paul. However, we do have some history in this, and when you do not remember your history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Truth is, folks do not really cough up and buy when it's time to buy, but they make a lot of promises before then. CMS's recent floormat offer is a great example, 50 some votes for the product, only 6 buyers. Not a good ratio, eh?

Meanwhile, we have sold Marauder specific items here before, from lapel pins to very nice custom shirts and light jackets. Althetic bags, "two suit" travel bags, portfolios, note and map pads, coffee and beverage mugs, shot glasses, cups, key chains, lanyards, even pens and note pads that fit the OH console.

We had a "Marauder store" right on our home page, and it went out of business for lack of business. Every one of those enterprising members were left with a remarkable amount of stock on hand, their initial investment in design and inventory was a loss for them, personally. Most of them came to give product away as door prizes at local meets. Sorry, this is the truth of our history.

We do have plans to off-load the financing of operations with special offers to our membership, but plans are still on the design table. Our goal is to be self-sufficient someday, without any costs to the membership at all. But, it's down the road, and will prolly not be ready until after the first quarter of 2007.

As it's been said ^ there, "shares and stock" in MM.Net are not available, it's written in our charter and agreed upon by all nine owners. The 9 investors each donated an equal amount of cash to the purchase. No one investor holds any more interest than the remaining 8. The "nine slices" of ownership is the only return on this investment and that's intangible, like an honorary degree from college, nothing more than a piece of paper.

That paper says an owner can retire from his responsibility, and he can get voted into mandatory retirement by the remaining 8. Should this occur, no monies of initial investment will be refunded or returned. We cannot return any money because we don't have that money anymore. It was spent in the down payment on the site, and the remaining balance is due 1 Dec. 2006. There is no money to give back, and we all knew this when we contributted our cash.

No single owner can sell, trade, or, otherwise transfer his "slice" or seat to another party. If, and when a seat is vacated for any reason, the seat is closed. The remaining 8 owners can decide additional action when this is becomes the case, but at the present time, it's "no vacancy".

This is why recent and public offers to buy the site by interested parties cannot be acted upon. It's in our agreement that we cannot sell. I am sure if all nine owners decided to amend this agreement and sell, legally we could transfer the site into other hands. But honestly, as frustrated as we sometimes felt this past week, not one of us considered that option, and I do not believe we would agree if the topic were to come up. Safe to say, we don't want to sell. The agreement cannot be ammended by majority vote, it has to be a unanimous decision.

If we can get back in the good graces with our supporting vendors, one of our ideas is to hold quarterly raffles of valuable mods. Things like a torque converter, a set of OEM tires, control arms, one year supply of the engine oil of your choice, ect.

Donation of the raffle prize would be helpful, but just getting that at cost is helpful too. Afforable raffle tickets, maybe a dollar, or, five dollars each, hoping that volume covers the purchase of the prize. Maybe even start a poll asking y'all what you would buy a raffle ticket for? Like I said it's on the design table, and I am eager to get back to that. Moreover, we do not wish to move any further on fundraising until MV-IV is concluded. They have the all important fundraising spotlight right now, please support this event any way you can?

Please keep the ideas coming?
Is there any "left overs" form the mm.ntet store still around I'm willing to get some.

Blackened300a
10-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Calm down gents, please read the notices at the top of every forum?

I think his comment was more in sarcasm. Thats the way I took it as.

max454
10-29-2006, 11:24 AM
ok, so know i need one of the original jackets size 38 or 36, from one of you guys.. :D

max454
10-29-2006, 11:29 AM
ok, so know i need one of the original jackets size 38 or 36, from one of you guys.. :D

just noticed my sig does'nt say contributing member :cool:

MM03MOK
10-29-2006, 11:52 AM
just noticed my sig does'nt say contributing member :cool:
Once you hit 100 posts, the flag will appear.

SouLRioT
10-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Is there any "left overs" form the mm.ntet store still around I'm willing to get some.

As far as I know all the "left overs" are included in the MV-IV vendor raffle.

SergntMac
10-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I think his comment was more in sarcasm. Thats the way I took it as.I tend to agree with you, but sarcasm is not humor. Sarcasm is use of words intended to hurt, or, harm a specfic target, despite the laughter it tends to generate. The laughing is really for the speaker, for having the gumption to utter the phrase.

Many popular comedians use sarcasm, but in the long run the words usually leave some damage behind. True humor does not.

There's a difference between what that the writer meant, and the reader interprets. One writer and 3100 readers...Do the math?

SergntMac
10-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Is there any "left overs" form the mm.ntet store still around I'm willing to get some.The store closed a long time ago, but keep an eye on e-bay. The last set of fender badges sold for three times their original costs.

Big Joe P
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
You could offer a variety of items to entice membership "donations" From Key chains, dash plaques, window decals, etc. stating the level of membership, and the year. Eg. MERCURY MARAUDER.NET PREMIUM MEMBER 2006.. Just a thought, donate $50 or whatever, get a unique item that says so....