PDA

View Full Version : anybody want to do a cruise

superford3
10-29-2006, 10:13 AM
one last time before the snow flys ,i was thinking next sunday

jdando
10-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I am in. Would starting around 2pm work?

How about some sort family oriented theme? Cruise to some park or scenic places the little kiddies can play? Apple orchard, petting zoo, FiveO's house?

jeremy

superford3
10-29-2006, 02:32 PM
sounds good to me who else is in

superford3
10-29-2006, 02:38 PM
and should we meet at the pig again

GarageMahal
10-29-2006, 04:53 PM
I will check with my cruise director ;)

jta

crouse
10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
SF3,

Are you still trying to sell your blue Marauder?

Curt

superford3
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
SF3,

Are you still trying to sell your blue Marauder?

Curt
no i sold my mustang instead,i love the marauder too much but i also miss the 500 hp notchback

crouse
10-30-2006, 07:11 AM
Excellent decision!

crouse
10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I like Jeremy's idea.

I am in. Would starting around 2pm work?

How about some sort family oriented theme? Cruise to some park or scenic places the little kiddies can play? Apple orchard, petting zoo, FiveO's house?

jeremy

I Tried
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
I would be up but will somebody give me a call with details I dont get online alot at work anymore so let me know

612-508-3962 cell # and If I dont pick up leave a voicemail and I prob will call you back

Tim

crouse
11-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Will do.

Curt

jdando
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
How about this?

http://www.emmakrumbees.com/

Sunday is looking okay, 60 degrees:banana:

more later,
jeremy

superford3
11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
im game for whatever so il see ya guys at porkys on sunday at 2pm

crouse
11-04-2006, 12:21 PM
From their web site it looks like most things are closed for the season. Another suggestion would be a drive up to the Taylors Falls, MN - St Croix Falls, WI area. Anyone know the area? Scenic roads to get there? How about a central meeting place in the metro area & time.

superford3
11-04-2006, 01:29 PM
i know last time we met at porkys and it worked great,i will be there with a freind and not my wife and child,but im game for anything

jdando
11-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Plan B

Meet at Porkys at 2:00pm, hang for a bit, eat french fries, bench race, heckle the ricers.

Leave for Lake Elmo Regional Park 3:00

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=1890+University+Ave+W,+S t+Paul,+MN+55104+(Porky%27s)+% 4044.956529,-93.179625&daddr=1515+Keats+Ave+N,+Lake+E lmo,+MN+55042&sll=44.972571,-93.04184&sspn=0.244338,0.468292&ie=UTF8&z=11&ll=44.958968,-93.041153&spn=0.244396,0.468292&om=1

Arrive Lake Elmo 3:30

Family Stuff to do at Lake Elmo Regional Park

Play Structures
http://www.co.washington.mn.us/client_files/images/PARKS/LEPR//PKP-LEPRplayarea.gif
There are several play areas located throughout Lake Elmo Park Reserve. The largest 'destination' play area is actually four separate play areas installed in one general location. There are slides, swings, tunnels, and more!

Each of the two reservation picnic areas also has a play area, and the campground has one too.

And maybe a little....

Orienteering Course

The orienteering course in Lake Elmo Park Reserve is appropriate for people of all orienteering abilities, and is actually designed as three separate courses, each one set-up for a different skill level. It starts at the South parking lot (about 400 yards north of the main park office) and is set in a mix of rolling hills, woods, open prairie and small lakes. The course can be done in summer or winter, but please stay off the ski trails if not on skis in winter.
Control points and the start/finish area are marked with brown fiberglass posts identified with the control letter, red and white stripes, and a 'code' number. There is an example post at the park office and also in the start/finish area (by the large map/sign on the edge of the parking lot).
http://www.co.washington.mn.us/client_files/images//LEP-Orienteering.jpg Orienteering involves the use of a map and compass to find control points (posts), which are scattered throughout the southern portion of the park. When a control point is found, a 'code' number on the post is recorded on the scorecard (available at the office) to verify that the post was visited. A pen or pencil is required to write down the 'code' number. Posts on the easier course are typically close to a trail and posts on the advanced course are typically difficult to find. Competition can occur if you time how long it takes to return to the finish area with a completed scorecard.

The beginner course is the easiest, and runs from the start to posts A, B, C, D, E, F, and on to the finish (same location as the start). It is approximately 1.5 km long and is very close to trails.
The intermediate course is harder, and runs from the start to posts G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O and on to the finish (same location as the start). It is 2.6 km (as the crow flies) and consists of controls typically about 50 to 150 meters off the trails. Use of typical orienteering techniques such as "handrails" and "attack Points" with good map reading and compass will be useful. Long pants and/or good leg protection is advised because of brambles and the occasional patch of poison ivy.
The advanced course is the hardest, and runs from the start to posts P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z and on to the finish (same location as the start). It is 4.5 km (as the crow flies) and provides some advanced route choice and precision navigation challenges. Good leg protection is advised because of brambles and some poison ivy (particularly just to the east of point Z).
Other course options can be designed by the user to meet their needs. One option is to do a score O (for example: visit as many points as possible in 45 minutes with penalty for lateness), or another option is a course with easy controls at the beginning leading up to some harder controls (for example B, C, H, L, X, Y)
Laminated maps of the course are available at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve Office for a fee (please see fees page for amount). A vehicle permit is required for all vehicles entering the park, however, vehicle fees may be waived for organized youth groups on non-holiday weekdays.

Info from

http://www.co.washington.mn.us/info_for_residents/parks_division/parks_and_trails/lake_elmo_park_reserve/#play

Note the park has a $5 entry fee.

jeremy

superford3
11-04-2006, 01:40 PM
im game for anything so see you at 2pm