PDA

View Full Version : Howdy All!

Beamer
11-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Been awol for awhile so I figured I would stop in and say hey. I really miss having the marauder of course even though it was here for a very short period. Had a change in cars though, finally got out of my Lincoln LS v8, really downgraded myself but I do love what I have right now and for sometime too come.

Week after my b-day I gave myself present by trading in the LS for a '07 Chevy Cobalt LS. Yea, I know but I am very used to cars like this. Had 4 cavaliers, an eclipse and a focus zx3 and I do like small cars. Took sometime to get used to the lack of HP but its nice.

The car is victory red, 5-spd manual. I had the dealer add power windows, keyless entry and cruise. I wanted an LT model but it was cheaper to get the LS and upgrade the things I did. I just had to get passed not having a full black interior or 17's. I plan to add the wheels and tires in the next few month though:burnout: (still waiting for the LS warranty refund :bigcry: ).

Had it since 9/22 and it had 3 miles that day, now it has 1013 or something like that. Have been holding myself back from letting it lose but have a couple of times. Very pleased, finally geting 30+ mpg. Only thing I hate is the wheel/tires. They are like 195/55/15 or something stupid, they do ok but compared to the Lincoln its night and day.

I saw a vic done up like a 'rauder and looked back at the days I had one. Sure miss the look, power and sound of that ride. For awhile I thought of just getting a Vic and changing it to a Maruader, but it still would not be the same.

Marauderman
11-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Great news !! Glad to hear your doing ok and things are ok in the car dept.----later on an MM will be there for ya---just save a bit here and there ---and it will happen....

Having been in the FD, I am no longer pro RED anything as a car color--but if you like it--thats cool--just not for me---keep in touch! Tom

Beamer
11-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Yea red is not my fav, but it does look good. City Chev did not have a big selection, only other manual was a 4 door. Just have to keep the car clean and up to date on waxes and such and she'll be alright. Last red car my '88 cavalier 24. One color I well not do again unless its a rare car like the M is Black.

O's Fan Rich
11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
My daughter has a Cobalt LS..... it even has a spoiler on the back.

Beamer
11-05-2006, 10:55 AM
No spoiler on mine but I like that its pretty plain because I plan to do some exterior styling changes. I found a hood and trunk that would be real nice on it and I am either getting the SS S/C front and rear bumpers w/ the skirts but do not know yet. I have a friend who works at the dealer I got mine from and he can get that stuff very cheap. He got a rear bumper from an SS S/C for nothing because it was replaced because of a little ding and a few scuff marks, he just buffed it out and its fine.