PDA

View Full Version : New MM member in SoCal

robomac
11-03-2006, 08:28 PM
After 18 months haunting this site finally got me one.

so now who i shere in SoCal? I have a MM at work that I am talking to but they seem pretty rare compared to othr states. so what is ahppening in the sunny state of CA with MM's? any of you get together and dazzle the Chevy folks?

Bigdogjim
11-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Welcome and enjoy the site. I am sure they will check in short order:)

whoskal
11-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the site...congats on your new ride!!

jim geary
11-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Where are you in SoCal?

robomac
11-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I live near where the 22 and 55 meet. Where u at?

hitchhiker
11-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Welcome.

I'm in Northern Cal.

:D

robomac
11-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I can not tell if there are many Socal folks. Given that you guys have been around for a while do u ever get together? I di dnot know it was such a big deal to get it smogged! Did u ever get your SC installed?

LVMarauder
11-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Sup yo, Im in Santa Barbara ,I've never met the SoCal crew either but I would really like too. IT would be awsome to meet around LAMS for dinner then a drag session. ITs only like 2 hours from SB if im not mistaken. any one up for it?

jgc61sr2002
11-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D :welcome1:

robomac
11-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Where would you go draggin? What is LAMS?SB is about 2 hours depending on traffic. When is draggin open?for some reason the family thinks I should be working and earning a living. Then again there is tha grudge match against he kibs Z28 ss sittin in the driveway (still owes his mom for the car). So who what where and when?

LVMarauder
11-05-2006, 10:36 AM
OK its not Los Angeles Motor speedway its the California Motor Speedway in Fontana CA , but it more or less in the greater LA/ Pasadena area. Most Speedways have drag strip on them but i cant find if one is there. If anyone can figure out if they have a drag strip we can set up some times.

kartherma
11-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello and welcome!!!
The socal guys are a bit spread out and we have had a few meets.
In the past I have seen folks head up to LACR for a test and tune where we had some marauders from LA area down to San Diego attend (and that beast rocket couch)
Another favorite of the SoCal guys is the "CruizinGrand" which is a gathering every friday night on grand street in Escondido. (problem is it has a season that just ended...I think it runs from like Feb/Mar through the end of September. In the past we have been able to get significant MM's there together.
Another gathering that seems to hold pretty good is the fabulous ford thing that happens at Knottsberry farms...again that is like only once a year and I think it was within the last several months or so.

Finally, it looks like racelegal is shaping up to be a good option for the SoCal folks... go to their website and you can read all about it. Basically they built an 1/8mile track complete with lights/traps/etc. It is getting more expensive every year but it is alot of fun.

You say you are in OC? Maybe we can get you down to Escondido next cruizingrand season.

be good!
Curt

jim geary
11-06-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm about 5 miles north west of the 605 and 10 frwys. Not too far. We should
all try and meet up for lunch one day. Makes no difference to me, I'm almost
always free by lunch time.:)

jim geary
11-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the site.:)

jim geary
11-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Sup yo, Im in Santa Barbara ,I've never met the SoCal crew either but I would really like too. IT would be awsome to meet around LAMS for dinner then a drag session. ITs only like 2 hours from SB if im not mistaken. any one up for it?
OK. I'll bite. What does LAMS stand for?:confused:

jim geary
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
OK its not Los Angeles Motor speedway its the California Motor Speedway in Fontana CA , but it more or less in the greater LA/ Pasadena area. Most Speedways have drag strip on them but i cant find if one is there. If anyone can figure out if they have a drag strip we can set up some times.
YES,the California Speedway does have a 1/4 mile track. North side of the speedway. Don't know much about it.I just joined the PSCA and they race
there maybe 4 times a year. Only thing is it's for the big boys. Lots of speed.
If you would like a 1/8 mile track the one in Irwindale at the speedway is only
shut down 4 to 5 weeks out of the year. Sits right along side the 605 frwy.
10.00 to watch and 20.00 to race. Opens at 4PM and closes at 10.
The Irwindale track will be shutting down mid December to mid January.All the
rest of the time it is open.:burnout:

jim geary
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Before I forget the Auto club holds events at that strip from time to time.
Rest of the time the strip just sits there.
However they do hold driving school classes both defensive and evasive if
interested. Also at the far end of the speed way they have a large go kart
track which is kind of neat. Too much info huh! Whew, I'm all written out.:sleepy:

JACook
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM

Near 22 and Magnolia...

jim geary
11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Well Jeff, why don't you and Robo pick a spot and we'll meet up. We could even venture as far as Ventura and meet LV for lunch? Just a thought.
Your call.

LVMarauder
11-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Id still really like to meet you guys. Im willing to go as far as Pasadena/ Fontana / 605 area. South of LA turns into a day trip for me .

jim geary
11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Well we could all meet at the enterance to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. All you
guys have to do is pick a date and time? I'm ready.