PDA

View Full Version : J-mod and SC tune

robomac
11-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Soif I take my SC MM and put the J-mod in it. Should I or do I need to change the shift points in the SC tune? I think the shift points are changed as part of the mod. Given tha the J-mod makes it shift quicker (loer rmps when accompished) what is the overall effect? Anybody knows what gives?

Krytin
11-04-2006, 04:23 PM
There is not a significant change in the shift points - with a S/C the motor is building up revs faster than my N/A. I never altered the shift points when I first put the J-mod in. It shifts quicker but the shift point itself starts where it did before the J-mod. I don't think you will have a problem - I didn't!

robomac
11-04-2006, 09:34 PM
The reason I asked is the motor hits 6300 pretty fast. I am a little nervous about it and figured the J-mod would slow it down. So when u did it how did it come out? Was it worth it?

Power Surge
11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
If you did the high power J-mod settings to the valve body, you will need to adjust your shift points. You'll just have to trial and error it until it shifts when you want. I had to do the same thing.

Krytin
11-05-2006, 12:49 PM
The reason I asked is the motor hits 6300 pretty fast. I am a little nervous about it and figured the J-mod would slow it down. So when u did it how did it come out? Was it worth it?

Very worth it!

I leave it to Sal on the reprogram as he is S/Ced like yourself.

JACook
11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
The factory shift points are programmed to allow the shift to finish before getting into the rev limiter.
When you install the J-mod, the shifts will get done sooner. On the other hand, a S/C engine is building
revs quicker, so you might still be running into the limiter. But if so, this isn't because of the J-mod, it's
in spite of it.