PDA

View Full Version : National Marauder Roundup!

Logan
06-01-2003, 03:25 AM
It's Official!

From www.funfordevents.com:

Mercury Marauder Round-Up At FFW World Finals

Fun Ford Weekend, with support from the Lincoln-Mercury Division of Ford Motor Company, will be holding the first ever MERCURY MARAUDER NATIONAL ROUND-UP in conjunction with the FFW 13th Annual World Finals, September 19-21, at the Dallas Motorplex, in Ennis, Texas.

The Round-up will be open to any and all late model Mercury Marauders. Classic Marauders from the '60's are welcome too. A special "Marauder Corral" parking area inside the race track will be set aside for the Marauder entries. In addition to the regular festivities of the FFW Event, the Marauder enthusiasts will make a "parade lap" in front of the crowd on Sunday and will be welcome to join the appropriate competition classes, including the famous True Street 30-mile cruise, as well as the FFW All-Ford Car Show (special Marauder Class).

An extra treat for Marauder enthusiasts will be a Saturday evening get together with special guest speaker, Mr. Steve Babcock, from Dearborn, MI. Mr. Babcock was the Mercury Marauder Project Manager.

Marauder enthusiasm is starting to roll in from all over the country; from as far away as the East Coast. This will truly be a national event. Hotel accommodations will be at a premium in the Ennis, TX area so make your travel plans early.

For more information, contact Bob Mathis, the event coordinator, at bjm03mm@entercomp.com or through the www.mercurymarauder.com website, or George Klass at george@funfordevents.com.

TAF
06-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Well done!!!

Everyone be sure to click on the FFW link above and see the Press Release on this...it feels good to have the recognition.

Bob...you're gettin it done, sir!

martyo
06-01-2003, 05:48 AM
On the related links section, the following car clubs are listed:

CAR CLUBS
National Lightning Owners Club
Mustang Club of America
North Texas Mustang Club
SVT Club of North Texas
SVT Owners Association
Texas Area Lightning Owners

Logan do you want to get us listed there?

nomad
06-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Well done!
So 15 months after releasing the MM,Ford decides to finally do something to showoff this car,huh?
Talk about a "sleeper".:alone:

Bigdogjim
06-01-2003, 10:05 AM
OK everyone now it the time to step up and show the car world what we are about! What a splash we could make with a strong showing! Remember there is always strength in numbers! Lets jump onboard now and get this thing rolling..

Thanks to Logan and Bob for getting us this far

merc406
06-01-2003, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a great time, would love to go but too far to trailer this thing by myself.

TAF
06-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by merc406
Sounds like a great time, would love to go but too far to trailer this thing by myself.

Trailer? Get in that thing and cruuuuuuuise, man!

Marauderman
06-01-2003, 12:07 PM
Well. TAF ---Where do we hook-up..cause the wife and I are a coming--reservations are locked in all three days......so probably leave here and meet you in ALt somewhere on I-20 west I suppose....just a thought.....let me know your plans...would love to be in the "run west"...

So ...at least one NC MM'er is on the road..where is everbody else on the east coast?...

RCSignals
06-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Marauder enthusiasm is starting to roll in from all over the country; from as far away as the East Coast.

Which is exactly what Mercury needs to take note of WRT the Marauder!

Bigdogjim
06-01-2003, 04:22 PM
East coast marauders can contact me at Bigdogjim@att.net I will be happy to undertake the task of getting us all together. I plan to meet up with the Chicago group and the Atlanta crowd along the way. The more Marauders the better.

TAF
06-01-2003, 04:26 PM
How 'bout some sort of a "roll-call" thread or post so we can start to get some numbers together (and starting points for the drive)?

Logan
06-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Stay tuned, there will be a registration page up within the next few days...

Bigdogjim
06-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks Logan. Just what we will need.

TAF
06-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks Logan....

so let me get this straight...

BigDog's in on the floor in the twins room...

Marty's on the pull-out with RF...

Sarge is in guest bedroom with BlueMarauder...

Wolfe is on the porch...

LML's in the doghouse...

You said I have to sleep in the garage...

How many folks you puttin up? :lol:

TAF
06-01-2003, 05:06 PM
On a serious note...this might need to be posted over on IMMC, as well. Anybody want to take that on?

nomad
06-01-2003, 05:06 PM
So,coming from the east,let me see,,,,,,,,
Meet up with BigDog,,,,
Hit ATL for more members,,,,,
Pitch tent at Logans,,,,,,,
Park our cars in a corral,,,,
Eat ice cream and chicken,,,
And I can't get the woman to go?

:help: :D

TAF
06-01-2003, 05:08 PM
NOOOO chicken in Tejas...

It's Beef Brisket my man...smoked for about 12 hours...

Melts in your mouth.

Bob Mathis
06-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Good idea TAF, would some one please put that on the IMMC
Thanks Bob

Logan
06-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Uh... Not that I don't just love ya all but... Full House at Logan's already. ;)

Besides, my place is a healthy 1 1/4 hour drive to Ennis...

Marauderman
06-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey TAF--How far is Charlotte fromn Ennis..?

jgc61sr2002
06-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Uh... Not that I don't just love ya all but... Full House at Logan's already. ;)

Besides, my place is a healthy 1 1/4 hour drive to Ennis... Logan - I thought in Texas an 1 1/4 hour drive is just down the road. IMHO.:)

martyo
06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Marty's on the pull-out with RF...

:puke:

TAF
06-01-2003, 06:39 PM
1046.73 miles "door to door" Charlotte to Ennis

merc406
06-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TAF
On a serious note...this might need to be posted over on IMMC, as well. Anybody want to take that on?

Consider it done, TAF

Marauderman
06-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks Todd--as I leave tomorrow for FLA..That 411 would be ask by the wife for sure when I get there..she and I have never been "west" so we're gonna have fun for sure..we hope to meet up with whatever train we can join westward.....Tom

Bigdogjim
06-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Logan

Besides, my place is a healthy 1 1/4 hour drive to Ennis...
Hey Logan you must have forgot that we drive MM and it should only take us about 45 minutes. :beer: :banana:

LincMercLover
06-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by TAF
LML's in the doghouse...

What'd I do now?

TAF
06-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Nothin...you're the only one that would fit in there:lol:

Bigdogjim
06-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Nothing yet. But we are sure you will and soonhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g/imurevenge.gif

MM03MOK
06-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g/imurevenge.gif

OK!! Where'd U get the bouncy bunny!!!!

LincMercLover
06-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Nothin...you're the only one that would fit in there:lol:

:bs:

Logan
06-02-2003, 05:20 AM
Don't be all derailin' my thread.

LincMercLover
06-02-2003, 06:27 AM
Todd did it! Come to think of it, Todd always does it...

MAD-3R
06-02-2003, 06:44 AM
ANYWAY...
The wife and I are make serious noise of making it to Texas. I 81 South would be the route in to TN. We could meet up there.

engine23ccvfd
06-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Just made my Hotel Res...the only hotel I could find (with Rooms in Ennis) was the Holiday Inn Express (on I45) using Expedia.com...Still some rooms in Waxahachie (not even close to correct SP).....See Ya'll in Sept (by the way I may have to go to a wedding this same weekend I will let ya'll know if I drop the room when we get closer to show time)

Stay Safe

Andy

Logan
06-02-2003, 11:30 AM
FYI to folks making reservations, either Waxahachie or Ennis is fine. The track is half way between the two...

vaderv
06-02-2003, 12:17 PM
I gots to get me a big black hat... Hopefully I'll see a bunch of you there...

CRUZTAKER
06-02-2003, 12:50 PM
I was able to book a room at the Quality Inn, Ennis this morning.
I wonder if the girl was correct in setting me up? She seemed to know what she was doing. If not, atleast it's warm down there at night....

prchrman
06-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Quality Inn - Oxy Moron...

TAF
06-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by TAF

I suggested this^^^

It was handled by one of our folks
V V V

Originally posted by merc406
Consider it done, TAF

Now I can't find it. They wouldn't have taken offense to that posting, would they? It's a NATIONAL event...not particularly a MM.net event.

Although I don't really participate over there I thought it was good folk...someone please prove me wrong.

merc406
06-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Damn your right, gonna put it up again, we'll see what happens overnight.

MM03MOK
06-02-2003, 05:50 PM
The post was there yesterday. I saw it.

TAF
06-02-2003, 05:54 PM
BigDog said he posted something as well...and it's gone (of course HIS could have been deleted due to massive spelling errors):lol:

No need for a "site-war"...just don't understand the deletions.

Anybody REALLY plugged in over there that can get some answers?

MM03MOK
06-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Where are you guys looking?? I see Merc406's (1 June 2003 at 22:46) and BigDog's (2 June 2003 at 10:07) posts on IMMC.

It's at the bottom under "General."

(I like our Board SO much better!!)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/v/spidereek.gif

merc406
06-02-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm blind or somethin...........

Bigdogjim
06-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
Where are you guys looking?? I see Merc406's (1 June 2003 at 22:46) and BigDog's (2 June 2003 at 10:07) posts on IMMC.

It's at the bottom under "General."
OK i just check over there and saw Merc406 but I did not find mine?

Maybe they fixed the spelling errors and I did not see it:confused:

Please do not :flamer: TAF I told him I could not find it:help:

TAF
06-02-2003, 06:43 PM
I ONLY see Larry's post. Don't see the other 2...if you say it's there then its there and that's fine. Sorry if I started something which was not the intent. I'd seen the original post and went there today to see if any over there had responded. Maybe it's because I'm not as familiar with that board, but I just went to ALL "General" and went to the bottom and see only Larry's.

Sorry for the false alarm.

MM03MOK
06-02-2003, 06:50 PM
IMMC viewing instructions for MM.net Members.

Go to bottom of this page:
http://www.mercurymarauder.org/cgi-bin/immc-chat.cgi?resource=General

Click on "Marauder's First Official Meet This Sept. 19-21"

Below the yellow box, you'll see "Responses."

"RE (4353): Marauder's..........." is BigDog's reply. Click on it to read reply.

JEEEZ!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/8/superbiggrin.gif

merc406
06-02-2003, 06:53 PM
with a 502 attached to Dragster.

TAF
06-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Maybe it's just me bunny (I know it probably is) but, I still don't see Larry's original post or bigDog's. I responded to Larry's just now.

I know...call me stup....RF, I mean.

Bigdogjim
06-02-2003, 07:01 PM
I agree TAF I see Larrys and your resonse only?

Time to get some sleep.................

CRUZTAKER
06-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Maybe it's just me bunny (I know it probably is) but, I still don't see Larry's original post or bigDog's.

I guess we are ALL dumb cavemen :P

I only see Tods post of 6-2-03 at 21:something hours .
I have never been able to get the registration thing to be a member to work over there, so I don't go, because not only I can't post, I can't even find the posts to post to....
I know I need :help:

merc406
06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
If you are logged in, their shouldn't be a problem, I never log out over their.

CRUZTAKER
06-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Ahhh, back to square one. Getting in. The site staff was nice though, just can't correct the login problem. I'll try again some day. :)

MMpridenjoy
06-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Count me in Bigdog, can meet you in Philly for the ride out there. Will have to get a pack going....

martyo
06-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Rob: Are you a definite???

merc406
06-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Trailer? Get in that thing and cruuuuuuuise, man!

Would Love to cruise their, but couldn't go their without runnin it, and the Ins. of getting back home is a trailer.

TAF
06-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
I guess we are ALL dumb cavemen

Now THAT is the most profound thing posted here in MONTHS!!!

:up:

SergntMac
06-02-2003, 09:34 PM
I think it's safe to say that if we can see IMMC, they can see MM.Net. Some of their posts are new, many are not. The site does not appear to have as much daily post activity and "news," as we get here. I'm willing to bet that everyone at IMMC knows about Ennis, and the Hershey meets, because most of the IMMC membership is already here. IMHO, just my .02c...

Hey...One paragraph, eh? Five sentences, 71 words...Go figure.

Who said there is no hope...

Bigdogjim
06-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Well said Sarge: Not that you need me to throw in my .02. I would like to see a large trunout.

merc406
06-03-2003, 09:39 AM
IMMC was the 1st Marauder hangout and was strong for awhile. Their are not enough early Marauders left out their for a rip roaring discussion on any one issue except maybe finding parts or a junkyard with a Marauder in it. The anticipation of the 03 brought it alive for awhile, but this site has the option's of posting pictures and is setup for just abut anything you can think of, thanks to Logan's forsight .

Logan
06-03-2003, 09:52 AM
FYI folks, I've got the Registration page done, just running it by Bob Mathis to make sure it covers everything he needs...

It should be up this afternoon sometime.

Accufab Racing
06-03-2003, 11:05 AM
I've had a couple of people email me asking about the cost of the Marauder Round-Up. This is what FFW will charge the attendees, based on what I know at this time.
Entry of Marauder (and driver) into the Marauder Corral: $20 for Sat. or Sun. or $35 for Sat & Sun. Additional people, $20 for 1 day or $35 for both days. This will entitle you to park in the Marauder Corral in the pit area, and no extra charge for pit pass or grandstand seating for the drag race. That's it. Now, if you also want to participate by running in the True Street class, that's $75. The Street Ford bracket class is $50 (good for Sat & Sun). If you want to enter your car in the Marauder class in the Car Show, it's $30 for 1 day or $40 for both days. The Friday Test & Tune is $25 (best guess on that one). All entry fees or tech cards to any of these race or show classes can only be purchased at the track. There may be an additional charge for "Marauder registration", or the Marauder Get-Togethers on Friday or Saturday evenings from Bob Mathis and he is working on that at this time, and trying to off-set some expenses through sponsorships and stuff. I just wanted everybody to know where we are from the FFW side.

Bigdogjim
06-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like people are hard at work behind thier computer.

Logan
06-03-2003, 04:48 PM
ALL,

Please visit THIS (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/nats.php) page to let us know you're planning on coming.

Click HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/nats.php?action=attending) to see who's signed up so far. (This page has a small bug that causes it to take about 10 seconds to load, don't worry, it'll come up. )

Marauderman
06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
judt my .02 c worth but the sign ups maybe should go to the front home page or special thread by itself so it doesn't get lost in here....but it's what we needed alright--good job Logan!

MM03MOK
06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Actually - it is on the home page, right under Weekly Chat - National Marauder Meet. The "Here" link takes you right to the registration page.

Originally posted by marauderman
just my .02 c worth but the sign ups maybe should go to the front home page or special thread by itself so it doesn't get lost in here....but it's what we needed alright--good job Logan!

Marauderman
06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Ah-whoops--your right--like many here who have said it before me--should have looked a little more before speaking--but can't have enough eyes---can we!!...cause I registered thru the above without seeing the front page ....thanks...

TAF
06-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Thanks Logan...

O.K. Let's see how quickly we can get the first 50 registered....

engine23ccvfd
06-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Well I found out I wont be able to make it. I will be in Abilene for my wifes nephew who is getting married. He is a FF in the Air Force and will marry a girl in the Army....Crap Crap Crap!!!

Hope Ya'll Have Great Time...Heading to Expedia to release my res at the Holiday Inn Express in Ennis if anyone wants to try and jump on it!

MM03MOK
06-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Come on, Folks. Only 16 people signed up (23 including guests)and 63 said they'd attend in the poll. It's only 3 months away and a lot of planning needs to be done (thanks Bob M and all those helping to carry the load) to make it special. Get your hotel room and quick!! As we plan to do some group gatherings, a fairly accurate head count is needed so the appropriate size space is reserved.

Come on, what are you waiting for!! :)

MM03MOK
06-11-2003, 03:11 PM
OK - I'm going to name names. As of June 11, only 19 Members have signed up - 28 total including guests.

The following replied to the initial thread and we haven't heard from you! If you're coming, hotel reservations are going FAST. The longer you wait, the further away you'll stay. Again, it would be a big help to know so that plans can be made. Put in for your vacation now! Don't forget the KB Marauder S will be there!!!

jspradii
LightningVic
Paul T Casey
prchrman
ckfleming
hemlock
budjiim
beast
cc-tx Marauder
helifool
cyclone03
mungce
marauder1
Fourth Horseman
Ray Snyder

No excuse for you Texas cowboys!

TAF
06-11-2003, 03:15 PM
You GO bunny!!!!!

Don't make the bunny mad folks....or you're talkin trouble with a CAPITAL T...:D

Bigdogjim
06-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by TAF
You GO bunny!!!!!

Don't make the bunny mad folks....or you're talkin trouble with a CAPITAL T...:D

You heard the man don't fool with the bunny:flamer:

SergntMac
06-11-2003, 06:30 PM
You go Girl! Spank these "I promise" sign-ups with a shame sheet.

Come on y'all, get on board now. You don't know half of the fun we have planned yet.

Some of us are traveling great distances, and we are smoothing out formerly obstructive details, maybe we can help you too?

Get your butt to Ennis, you won't be sorry.

Write to me at SergntMac@aol.com if you have special concerns or problems that hold you back. What ever that is can be fixed, trust me.

nomad
06-11-2003, 06:51 PM
^^^^What they said!^^^^Sign-on,please.Geez,I'm coming from upstate NY[1565 miles away],never met any of these folks.Got my tag name,Nomad,from my friends because I'm a loner.But, I would'nt want to miss this for anything.Hell,I might not get along with anybody there[I seriously doubt that],but we all have somethig in common thats big,bad,rearwheel drive.That's good enough for me.Show up!Life's too short! [IMHO] John Easton

martyo
06-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
You go Girl! Spank these "I promise" sign-ups

Geez, if I had known that the bunny was going to be doing some spanking, I would have waited to sign up!! :D

LincMercLover
06-11-2003, 09:06 PM
:shake:

LML's going.

Bigdogjim
06-11-2003, 10:33 PM
We are putting a Mauauder group from the East to meet up with Chicago & Atlanta groups, I will route us to meet up along the way. Nomad I will get with about hook up point. If any one in the East need help e-mail me.. bigdogjim@att.net

Happy and proud to help out

See Ya in Texas

Bob Mathis
06-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Hi all,
I just want to say a couple of things for now. It is beginin g to come to together. I should have more things final in a couple of weeks but I feel realy good about it all. It going to be a great round-up. I just looked at the first bit of art work and it is realy going to be great. I will put it out when I get the first real good look at it. I think you will like it. Alot is going on with fords 100 so it will be a little slow for me but that's OK! right now I need alittle time for my wife if you know want I mean.
Thanks Bob More to come

Bigdogjim
06-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Quality Inn Ennis is booked as 6/13/03. Tried for a friend.
Hope you all get a room.

MM03MOK
06-19-2003, 06:15 AM
The head-count to date is 30 Members and 20 guests. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. You'll surely be disappointed if you do. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!! NOW!!

weekly spanking by MM03MOK

TAF
06-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Just thought I'd refresh this because...

1) Looks like we've got some new folks over the last couple of weeks
2) We haven't had any new names listed in quite some time

and...

3) I want to stay on the bunny's good side

Come on folks...this is our chance to really make/influence the difference on some of the latest info that was reported from the Trilogy Presentation. Your next generation Marauder could come out of what is learned at this meet. We NEED at least 50 cars there to show the interest!!!

CRUZTAKER
06-30-2003, 04:07 PM

Bob Mathis
06-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Todd is right we want to have a good turn out. I had two just e-mail me and one has a 427 Marauder and want's to come and boy would that be great to have that one there. Still working on things. Waiting on some word from some folks, but it is still going on. Hope to have things inline by the middle of July. So let's keep on getting the word out.
Thanks Bob

Marauderman
06-30-2003, 07:40 PM
We will be posting our next Charlotte/Carloinas meet shortly and we have alot to discuss:
1. Rally to get members to the Texas meet.

Marauderman
06-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Sorry for last post -wasn't finished--DARN KEYS-
# 2. frdwrench will be posting his report of his trip to Dearborn where FOrd held its norther 100 year anniv meet --I guess similar to one in Tex in Sept. he has alot to report and will here on our board shortly
3. and more local and natiopnal news of our board members...

cyclone03
07-02-2003, 08:22 AM
Is there a list of confirmed owners making the trip to Dallas?

MM03MOK
07-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Link on home page for sign-up. Here's the list of Members (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/nats.php?action=attending) so far. Not all may be Owners.

cyclone03
07-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Well a big ol DAH for me.

I think there were almost 100 Bullets there last year we need to pick this up!

If your reading this and not signed up and planning to come do it.
If you need help swinging it with family you could always get a room over by Six Flags and buy some three day passes,I think the water park may be open too.
About 6am kiss the wife good day and see ya about 11 tonight.Repeat.

MM03MOK
07-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by cyclone03
About 6am kiss the wife good day and see ya about 11 tonight.Repeat. OR

About 6am kiss the husband good day and see ya about 11 tonight

cyclone03
07-02-2003, 09:49 AM
well, whatever works for you.
Is he keeping the kids too?Cha ching!!!!

TAF
07-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Alright!!!

We got 2 more signed up...what's wrong with the rest of you??!!

trilogyintl
07-03-2003, 03:59 PM
FYI, The Trilogy car will be there ... go take a look! :)

TAF
07-03-2003, 04:06 PM
^^^EXCELLENT!!!

Now there's reason #567 for YOU to be there, folks!

trilogyintl
07-04-2003, 12:05 PM
We will also be handling t-shirt sales for the event ... go to www.trilogymotorsports.com to check out a preview!

cyclone03
07-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Hey nice looking shirt.
Only thing is can you make em without the large brown back ground?All that "printed" area get kinda sticky against the skin when they're new.

I have A LOT of event shirts so I know this feeling too well.

SergntMac
07-04-2003, 01:26 PM
One More Time....Anyone from the Midwest want to hook of with me for the drive to Memphis, drop me an E-Mail at SergntMac@aol.com

TAF
07-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Nice job on the T-shirts Mathew. just make it clear...they will ONLY be available to those that show up...hint, hint.

cyclone03
07-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Great idea TAF!
You don't show you go nekked!

trilogyintl
07-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Nice job on the T-shirts Mathew.

Just to clarify, the art on the shirt was done by a great artist from Australia, not myself ... After some talk, Jerry agreed to take on the ordering of the shirts, and so far the only work I've done with it is posting it on our site. :)

jgc61sr2002
07-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Matt - Great idea, very nice shirt.:up:

Bob Mathis
07-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi,
I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I and Craig who, is the Australia both worked hard on the art work for the T- shirts. He is very good at what he does. Also the brown cann't go away because the GOD head is in it. I want to thank Jerry Barnes for sponsoring this part of the round-up, he and Matt are great people. They and other's are what's going to make this happen.
Thanks Bob:) :cool:

MM03MOK
07-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Great t-shirt. I checked out Craig's website. Very talented.

Bigdogjim
07-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Also for you EAST COST Marauders I'll be traveling from Phila. to meet up with Mac in Menphis. You can e-mail also. Nomad, so far it's just us? Till we get to Va.

bigdogjim@att.net

MAD-3R
07-04-2003, 07:16 PM
On the T-shirts, 3xl will be needed here. :)

Also, Bigdog, did we want to work backwards from Memphis? A good days drive would be from Staughton, VA to Memphis.

nomad
07-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Quote by Bigdog:
"Nomad, so far it's just us? Till we get to Va."
No problem, I got your back!:D
I'll be in touch as we get closer to blast-off.
Already started on list of stuff.
Two-way radios;check.
Cell-phone;check.
Road map;check.
Camera;check.
Permission from GF;check and double check
BIG AZZ GRIN; you bet!:D :D

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 02:31 AM
One More Time....Anyone from the Midwest want to hook of with me for the drive to Memphis, drop me an E-Mail at SergntMac@aol.com

I'd love to Mac. Unfortunately you are Midwest and I'm real West :alone:

TAF
07-06-2003, 07:19 PM
O.K.

So could it be possible at the Marauder Roundup to have 5...count them 5...blown/heavily modded Marauders...side by side...hoods up for "inspection"....(Trilogy, Kenny Brown, VT, Dennis Reinhart, Sean Hyland) :up:

Does ANYBODY remember a year+ ago when there weren't even 50 of us here...and we were whining about "low-end torque" and just "dreaming" of somebody that would want to make some aftermarket power items?

I hope the vendors have their order forms ready!!:up:

Bigdogjim
07-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
On the T-shirts, 3xl will be needed here. :)

Also, Bigdog, did we want to work backwards from Memphis? A good days drive would be from Staughton, VA to Memphis.

OK by me I do some of my best work backwardshttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/2jump.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/scatter.gif

Bigdogjim
07-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by TAF
O.K.

So could it be possible at the Marauder Roundup to have 5...count them 5...blown/heavily modded Marauders...side by side...hoods up for "inspection"....(Trilogy, Kenny Brown, VT, Dennis Reinhart, Sean Hyland) :up:

Does ANYBODY remember a year+ ago when there weren't even 50 of us here...and we were whining about "low-end torque" and just "dreaming" of somebody that would want to make some aftermarket power items?

I hope the vendors have their order forms ready!!:up:

And to think we'er just gettin startedhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/jesterbox.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/biggrinjester.gif

MAD-3R
07-07-2003, 04:27 AM
Ok, Update on My travel plans for Marauderville TX trip. I will be leaving this are after work on Tuesday night, and driving to Staughten VA. There is a Shonnie's there that isn't to bad, and we would probebly have breakfast there. Or the Cracker Barrel... decisions, decisions...

Merc, Thomas, other Washingotn DC metro area peoples, did you want to hook up if your heading to TX?

SergntMac
07-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Here's the plans for day two on the road.

Leave West Memphis and head out on I-40 At Little Rock, we take a left and get on I-30. At Texarkana, we leave the Interstate system for State Route 71 south to Shreveport. In a location to be designated by TAF, we hook up with y'all from the South and East. From there, it's Ennis or bust.

TAF, can you set up the meet location? This route is 340 miles, about 6 hrs. It would be a little after lunch time for us if we get a good start from W. Memphis...No fast food, please?

prchrman
07-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Sarge...just grab a moonpie and a RC cola belly washer...JK...

MAD-3R
07-07-2003, 10:31 AM
I perfer the Chili Dag with cheese, onions and mustard, X2. That'll keep ya awake!!

MAD-3R
07-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Here's the plans for day two on the road.

Leave West Memphis and head out on I-40 At Little Rock, we take a left and get on I-30. At Texarkana, we leave the Interstate system for State Route 71 south to Shreveport. In a location to be designated by TAF, we hook up with y'all from the South and East. From there, it's Ennis or bust.

Wouldn't RT 59 in Texas be quicker?

Bigdogjim
07-07-2003, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SergntMac
[B]Here's the plans for day two on the road.

Sarge the Big Dog & Company will meet up with in Memphis. Red Roof Inn. We'll be there. Ready to Rock & Roll.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/gunsfiring.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/peepwall.gif

MAD-3R
07-07-2003, 11:35 AM
BigDog, were you pushing through from PA to Memphis?

SergntMac
07-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't RT 59 in Texas be quicker?

Could be, Phil. I didn't investigate all options, I was just brainstorming with TAF over the phone, and MapQuest provided the route.

Where is 59 and where will it take us in terms of a meet location?

MAD-3R
07-07-2003, 01:08 PM
OOPS!!

Thats what happens when your map is a 3' x 6' wall map. Shreveport would indeed be reached faster via 71.

Bigdogjim
07-08-2003, 12:03 AM
BigDog, were you pushing through from PA to Memphis?

Looking to overnight in the Bristol, Va/Tn area?

What do you think Mad-3R?

MAD-3R
07-08-2003, 04:26 AM
Staughton VA. about 8 hours from Memphis.

TAF
07-11-2003, 06:41 PM
I see a few more names have been added...

If you aint there...you're missin out!!!

Bob Mathis
07-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Hi,
l got some good new's today and things are really looking good each day. I hope to have some real good new's tomorrow and that will put things in gear and then it will get rolling. So be ready for me to start calling on everyone who wants to help. I'm going to Alt. to meet with Todd and some of you all this weekend . Need to get the wife out and away from work. And boy do I need it to. So it's time to think Round-up. Boy I cann't wait.

martyo
07-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Let us know what you need. By the way, I have Todd's credit card numbers if you need 'em for anything!

Bob Mathis
07-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Yes, I need it for this weekend and for the round-up. Thanks Todd and to you Marty for helping get them. What are friends for!! Man I love this site.

TAF
07-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Bob Mathis
I'm going to Alt. to meet with Todd and some of you all this weekend .

Great news, Bob! Please give me a call tomorrow.

Originally posted by martyo
By the way, I have Todd's credit card numbers if you need 'em for anything!

Thanks Marty...drumming up some Bankruptcy business for yourself?

martyo
07-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Thanks Marty...drumming up some Bankruptcy business for yourself?

I am always working!!

JerseyVics
07-22-2003, 10:34 AM
http://www.jerseyvics.com/pantherclub/ffw-mmn.gif

jgc61sr2002
07-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Jersey - Looks great.:)