PDA

View Full Version : Next year's model

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 11:49 AM
The FLM dealer in my area has 3 Marauders on the lot that have just been sitting there. They originally held out for sticker price but now they are willing to deal. I am tempted to grab one, however, I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor about next year's model being available with a supercharger or how Mercury was going to beef up the power. Seems this is the issue with these cars.. otherwise, it's a great ride.

Logan
09-25-2002, 12:04 PM
The current expectation is that the 04 will get some transmission mods and most likely a modest increase in power. I personally think it'll be 05 before you see a supercharged marauder.

Though, if they deliver a 04 Marauder with a blower, I'll be standing in line probably...

Mercury is very conscious of the general feeling that the motor needs more grunt and the tranny needs an upgrade.

scooter
09-25-2002, 12:05 PM
I was HIGHLY pressured to purchase a Marauder recently, dealer said "It may not be here tomorrow". They now have 4 in stock. They are not moving. I would never pay sticker for any car. They pulled that stuff with me too, saying that the Marauder's were going for sticker plus, but he would sell it to me for sticker. Later in our negotiating, the price came down to invoice plus a grand. I bet now I could get it for invoice.

Anyways, supposedly the next Marauders do out are to have traction control, a new color option (some sort of blue), and a moonroof option. If this is true or not I have no idea. My dealer steadfastly denies anything about traction control (I think he just wants to sell me one of the current cars without it). The current brochure says traction control available Fall 2002, and if you look closely at the picture of the interior, you can see the button for traction control.

Scott

Logan
09-25-2002, 12:07 PM
The new options will be available for ordering on December 2nd. This is a fact. The 04 model won't be around until August/September next year.

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Mercury is giving back $2,000 on a cash purchase. Dealer I spoke with tried to double talk me saying he didn't know anything about it; then he came clean. You got to know all the facts before you shop. The MM's on his lot ain't movin........

ct_marauder
09-25-2002, 01:49 PM
One dealer in my area tried to pull this one me - he actually told me that he was getting one maybe two marauders and thats it. He would not let me test drive the first one he got he sold it right on the spot to someone so I understand that. I asked him on the second marauder if I can test drive it and he told me he wanted $1k first up front from me before I could even see or test drive the car as down payment. This was when they were going for $35K with no deals. Once this guy wanted 1K from me up front I just told him forget it - I'm not buying a car from you. I am working with another dealership now who seems to be a lot better.

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 01:58 PM
$1,000 depsit.. Once he had your $$ it was going to be tough gettin git back.........stay away

Smokie
09-25-2002, 05:01 PM
For what it maybe worth I'll tell you how I bought my MM. I went to the 3 Lincoln/Merc. dealers in my city in early July. Nobody asked for money for test drives, however 2 of them wanted sticker price; the other wanted sticker plus $1K--No deals. I walked away went home to the Merc. site on the internet, chose dealers within 25 miles of my town and requested price quotes online. 5 dealers responded. I narrowed it down to the 2 lowest quotes and informed each dealer of the others offer. Bottom line the final 2 tried to outbid the other. The sticker price for my MM is $35,045 with the 2 available options. Out the door price $34,400. in my state the tax rate is 7%. I'm sure some folks paid less than me but I feel the online bidding saved me not only money but a lot of driving. there were no rebates or incentives when I bought. I hope this may help.

mungce
10-08-2002, 06:59 PM
I can't complain about the price, as I used Fords X PProgram, and saved over 3K on my MM. I qualified for the X program through the Disabled American Veterans (DAV).