PDA

View Full Version : New Marauder owner

jarchie
11-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi guys,
I am a new Marauder owner and I live in Charlotte. I spoke with a friend of mine that belongs to the Carolina Marauders and would like to know when and where you guys meet. As for what I would llike to do to mine,I am not sure yet. I thought that I would like to find out what you guys have done, what works, ETC. So, looking forward to hearing from you guys. :cool:

SergntMac
11-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Welcome to Marauder ownership, and to our Marauder home on the www.

fastblackmerc
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the site & The Carolina Marauders!!! Some of the other Carolina Marauder members are:

Me - fastblackmerc
Marauderman
Steve_NC
SC Cheesehead
Butch
prchrman

There are others but I can't remember them right now... Although we don't have a regularly scheduled meeting, we usually meet at car shows or if we happen to be in the same town for whatever reason. Marauderman actually lives in Charlotte.... he's a great resource and you can also PM me (see my sig for the mods I've done). Glad we have another member. I'll be happy to talk "Marauders" with you.

:banana2:

MM2004
11-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Hi guys,
I am a new Marauder owner and I live in Charlotte. I spoke with a friend of mine that belongs to the Carolina Marauders and would like to know when and where you guys meet. As for what I would llike to do to mine,I am not sure yet. I thought that I would like to find out what you guys have done, what works, ETC. So, looking forward to hearing from you guys. :cool:

Welcome to the board!

First thing to do is surf around in here. There is a mountain of information in here about our cars.

Mike.

frdwrnch
11-10-2006, 04:47 AM
Glad to see you found us. We'll be getting together soon. Will let you know.

SC Cheesehead
11-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,

Welcome!

Keep an eye on the board, we're probably going to have some sort of holiday get-together between now and Christmas.

BTW, what year and color you got?

SCCH

Seneca
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your new ride. there's alot of good people and info here. :D

stryker
11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
:burnout: :welcome: 04MARAUDER Mang to the "MM" Panther site, congrats on your new adquisition and when you will start mods? don't worry here you will find all resources possible and plus will met cool people here a lot of them and most here are the vendors of what you need to put that Panther to !BRRRRROOOOOM! more than stock so take a time and browse through the forums, !Ahh! some folks want to tell you something.

:wave: --Hola 04MARAUDER ¿Comò estàs?

:(--No pics

:cool: --Post pics of that black "M" Panther

:confused: --¿Where are the pics?

:banana2:--04-04-04-04-04-04-03 !ups! I mean 04

:beer: --A toast for 04 MARAUDER

:woohoo: --04 MARAUDER que bueno que eres parte de nosotros

STRYKER.

RoyLPita
11-14-2006, 04:46 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and you new ride.

Bluerauder
11-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi guys,
I am a new Marauder owner and I live in Charlotte.
Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net and Happy Maraudering !!!

Keep your eyes peeled for happening in the Carolina Marauders forum. If you are up for a trip .... the Capital Area Marauders (CAM) meet on about a monthly basis in and around the MD, VA, DC area.

Marauderman
11-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi guys,

Well ,Hot dang! Welcome friend!!! Great to have a new member , much less one in town too!!... We have been holding monthly meetings on the second Saturday of each month.........and we had our biggest this past weekend---oh , I 'm sorry--that was MVIV wasn't it----oh well,, still the biggest party on our weekend yet!!:lol:

Spoke with frdwrnch today and we are gonna try and see if we can meet up this saturday for a quick get together.....so stay tuned........oh that word has such great meaning!!!!

I have a few mods ....and we can get you rolling right---Once again--Great to see you here---maybe a drive in my MM will explain quickly what members here mean when they say modding is a drug ..and other things.........you'll see.....Tom :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
11-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D :welcome1:

frdwrnch
11-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Stay Tuned! Ah, the Prince of Pun is among us. Would love to get together this Saturday. Anyone else? Sorry I missed you guys in FL. I'm Going next week so I couldn't make it.

lastdaze04
11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Again welcome aboard.
This site is AWESOME and the people are even better.
I hope you are enjoying your ride as much as I do in mine.

mailman
11-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Welcome Aboard !

Marauderman
11-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Stay Tuned! Ah, the Prince of Pun is among us. Would love to get together this Saturday. Anyone else? Sorry I missed you guys in FL. I'm Going next week so I couldn't make it.

I am gonna wash the MM with hot water from the bucket in 30 degree temp tomorrow morning---so what time and place you guys want to meet tomorrow---time you two start looking at this board more often.....lets see how long to answer.......:lol:

SC Cheesehead
11-17-2006, 10:45 AM
I am gonna wash the MM with hot water from the bucket in 30 degree temp tomorrow morning---so what time and place you guys want to meet tomorrow---time you two start looking at this board more often.....lets see how long to answer.......:lol:

Can't make it this wekend guys, sorry. Let's get something planned for a Christmas get-together.

BTW, FBM, what's the latest engine news on your MM?

SCCH

jarchie
11-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey Guys, Just thought I would say I am up for a meeting on Saturday! I am looking forward to meeting you guys. When and Where would you like to meet? I am up for about anywhere. Frdwrnch said the Quaker steak and lube was a regular hang out. I caould always put my name on the wall again for their hottest hot wings. Someone PM me or frdwrnch could call me. 704-905-6905. Just let me know

frdwrnch
11-18-2006, 07:20 AM
How about Noon? Will call to verify.

1stMerc
11-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the site and enjoy your new ride as we do. You already got the first itch and it never ends.

fastblackmerc
11-18-2006, 09:04 AM
BTW, FBM, what's the latest engine news on your MM?
SCCH

It's at a dealer in Fla. Ford zone rep looked at it yesterday and now waiting on word from Ford. Hopefully I'll have good news on Monday or Tuesday.

jarchie
11-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey guys,
Great to get together today. Hey Marauderman, Thanks againg for lunch and for allowing me to drive your MM. Told the wife that your car was faster than my grin. Frdwrnch, Thanks again for the drive in yours too. Would love to do it all again real soon. Thanks guys, maybe next time we can get a few more together with us. would have been cool to see more fill in the parking spaces. Makes me real sorry I missed the meet in Fla. sounds like it was a blast.

Marauderman
11-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey guys,
Great to get together today. Hey Marauderman, Thanks againg for lunch and for allowing me to drive your MM. Told the wife that your car was faster than my grin. Frdwrnch, Thanks again for the drive in yours too. Would love to do it all again real soon. Thanks guys, maybe next time we can get a few more together with us. would have been cool to see more fill in the parking spaces. Makes me real sorry I missed the meet in Fla. sounds like it was a blast.

Thanks Archie--It was fun meeting you and seeing frdwrnch again--Always enjoy riding in MMs--especially with new MM owners ---so they can feel the seat of the pants fun of climbing from one mod into another--- BTW--I rememberd about your car--It use to belong to another one of our earlier members--Chuck and Diane----they came to a couple meets-----It was her car and a daily--so you got a good car!

Frdwrnch--Once again , I get excited when talking with you about cars--so much I bit my lip trying to talk fast and eat lunch---...gues I couldn't wait to get out and run the MMs....:lol:

I'll post up the pic of you guys in my gallery--gotta find that pic size reducer ---oh well---looks like the Carolina Marauders are getting healthy once again--Yahoo!! Time for us all to become more involved---oh yeah!!!--==stay alert for post on activities guys......Tom

frdwrnch
11-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Wonderful meet. Had a great time and yes we'll do it again hopefully in Dec.. Thanks Tom. I think it was a good opportunity for jarchie to evaluate stock, "Stage 1+", and heavily modified MM's. I hope we didn't blow you away with do this first, and this mod ONLY costs this much and that sort of retoric. For example, Silverstar bulbs was one of my first mods and I enjoy that everytime I drive at night. This site will help you evaluate your wants and needs through the experiences of others. You just can't beat that. Kind of a "Gearhead Consumer Reports".

96DiamondVIII
11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
[Slight thread hijack] Well dang. Been here for a week and I didn't even notice there was a separate Carolina forum! But anyway...if there is a December meet I'm certainly up for it...

[/hijack] :)

Marauderman
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
[Slight thread hijack] Well dang. Been here for a week and I didn't even notice there was a separate Carolina forum! But anyway...if there is a December meet I'm certainly up for it...

[/hijack] :)

Normally , in the past , we have tried to hold meetings on the second Saturday of the month--usually same place here in Charlotte, but sometimes have been known to change it to other places too--even other cities--just for a road trip.....I'll be off Sat. Dec. 9th---but I need to be in town cause I have alot of leaves ( have not even started yet) to pick up with my new vaccumn machine----yeah--I know--its a a long way from alot of you--but we can haver regional meets as well--say a few of you guys in the Central part of teeh state--several of us here in the S.W area--even others elsewhere---the main thing is to set a date and stick to it--even if one shows...everyone can't always come to every meet----so anyone for the 9th here in Charlotte?......Tom

jarchie
12-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey Guys,
Saturday the 9th would be great as long as it's early like last time. We have a Christmas party later that night. "Tis' the season". Might even be able to bring the wife and daughter to this one. This time I will not forget my camera. By the way great picture from the last one Tom. Some one send me a PM and let me know where and when!!

jarchie
12-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey Guys,
Saturday the 9th would be great as long as it's early like last time. We have a Christmas party later that night. "Tis' the season". Might even be able to bring the wife and daughter to tis one. This time I will not forget my camera. By the way great picture from the last one Tom. Some one send me a PM and let me know where and when!!

JWLock
12-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Yep, I got my Marauder yesterday as well. Its sitting pretty in Charlotte :)

Marauderman
12-03-2006, 05:56 AM

WELCOME ABOARD !! Great to have another Carolina Marauder member --hot dog--now were getting somewhere--and more members--this is good!!!

Ok--JWLock--- tell us more about yourself --where you located in town---and where you got your car--maybe even how you got interested in it--and if you want to upgrade into some mods---well --we can help you out there as well---

I'm in S.W. Charlotte by Carrowinds--frdwrnch is in Indian Trail--Archie is in north of Charlotte just across the county line--
SC Cheesehead is in S.C by Greenvile--fastblackmerc is in Cary ,NC---Butch is in G'boro,NC---prchrman is in the NC Mountains---So its nice to have you as well---yeah --there are a few others too--maybe this will get them to post up--:lol:

PS--BTW--I'm trying to get a get together for us this weekend--Saturday--
It would be nice to heard from frdwrnch on maybe something his way--otherwise I'll have to post up another meeting place---stay tune and once again--welcome on board JW............Tom...

JWLock
12-03-2006, 06:51 AM
I am actually in what the CMPD says is North Charlotte, but its more NW Charlotte near the Gaston/Meck county line.

I actually read about the Marauders online at one of the car show sites before it ever came out, but wasn't able to get one new at the time, but did tons of reading, got tons of posters, and now I have the car to go with them :).

I got mine through an unnamed National Used Car dealer and ran across a 2003 with only 37K miles on it. It looks sharp and well cared for except for some spots on the aluminum under the hood (my guess is someone used some acidic cleaner, but its not bad, just a few spots).

Mine is a 2003 (apparently a late 2003 from what I am reading) and that traction control is annoying, but glad I have an off switch, otherwise a good detailing, and it will be righteous. :)

My plans for tomorrow are to take it to work jamming to Steve Miller's Live rendition of Mercury Blues :)

RoyLPita
12-03-2006, 08:11 AM

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

jarchie
12-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Greart to hear from you JW. You will have to tell us more about your car and when and where you got it. Tom has the fastest one I have ever been in and mine is still stock. If we can get a meeting together for Saturday, we would love to see you there. Hey Tom, how about noon at the same place as last time? Pm me and let me know what you think. Again, JW, Welcome abaord!!

jgc61sr2002
12-03-2006, 11:52 AM
JW - Welcome to the MM site.:D Enjoy your new ride

Marauderman
12-03-2006, 12:29 PM
I am actually in what the CMPD says is North Charlotte, but its more NW Charlotte near the Gaston/Meck county line.

I actually read about the Marauders online at one of the car show sites before it ever came out, but wasn't able to get one new at the time, but did tons of reading, got tons of posters, and now I have the car to go with them :).

I got mine through an unnamed National Used Car dealer and ran across a 2003 with only 37K miles on it. It looks sharp and well cared for except for some spots on the aluminum under the hood (my guess is someone used some acidic cleaner, but its not bad, just a few spots).

Mine is a 2003 (apparently a late 2003 from what I am reading) and that traction control is annoying, but glad I have an off switch, otherwise a good detailing, and it will be righteous. :)

My plans for tomorrow are to take it to work jamming to Steve Miller's Live rendition of Mercury Blues :)

Great hearing from you JW---say--Is that (JW) what we should call /refer to you as?---anyway--Thanks for the info--as always --we want more --What color is it?........BTW--Your use of the acroynm "CMPD" --does that mean your an active member--and if so, where assigned?---cause I have such a personal friend assigned down my way----thats cool if you are---and one more--are you off work this Saturday--cause we may have our meet up by Speedway Blvd...not sure just yet?---stay tuned here and keep an eye out---- Tom

Marauderman
12-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Great hearing from you JW---say--Is that (JW) what we should call /refer to you as?---anyway--Thanks for the info--as always --we want more --What color is it?........BTW--Your use of the acroynm "CMPD" --does that mean your an active member--and if so, where assigned?---cause I have such a personal friend assigned down my way----thats cool if you are---and one more--are you off work this Saturday--cause we may have our meet up by Speedway Blvd...not sure just yet?---stay tuned here and keep an eye out---- Tom

BUMP!! Also want to tell all the new members that if you don't see a recent thread/post when you check by in--go to the forum boards and check ours out, Carolina Marauders, for any updates that may not be currently being shown on the opening pages...

JWLock
12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
My Marauder originated from Varsity Augo Group in Laurel, MD (although that's not where I bought it, I got mine thru Carmax actually).

I just use CMPD out of habit. I have a few friends who work for them, but I work for a software company LOL.

Mine is standard black, and I need to get a few small things fixed up on it already (KMX will fix 'em free as part of their guarantee).

Some of the stuff they are fixing:
Some nut put the same size tires on all 4 wheels. They have to replace the rear ones as they are obviously the wrong size.

The piece that holds the front of the seat leather taut has come loose on both front seats. This is just the retainer not being clipped on. Easy fix actually.

A few touchup spots on the driver's side door.

And either a warped rotor or a bent wheel, it's hard to tell. I just get a little steering wobble from time to time.

Its stock config. I don't plan on any mods really. I just want to find a reliable tint shop to tint the windows and able to do the rear window via heat shaping rather than strips (and so far, I haven't found one), put in a K&N air filter, and get it detailed up the right way (for me, its usually a 2-day job to clean up the car).

I am still trying to get used to driving it. I normally drive a 96 Miata, which is a flea in comparison to the Marauder. :)

One thing I would like to find though...
A front plate that's black, and has a chrome Marauder head medallion on it. If I can't find one, I know what my project is over the next few weeks :)

And JW is fine :)

And my final question:
I know the traction control is meant for driving slow on slippery surfaces, but is it normal for the car to be a pain trying to get over 60 with it on? I am in the habit of turning it off when I get in the car, but wanted to check before I go nuts. :)

jdando
12-03-2006, 06:00 PM
And my final question:
I know the traction control is meant for driving slow on slippery surfaces, but is it normal for the car to be a pain trying to get over 60 with it on? I am in the habit of turning it off when I get in the car, but wanted to check before I go nuts. :)

That is due to the same tires on all four wheels. You need to have the "stagger" or the traction control will activate. The 245/55/18 is about 5% larger than the 235/50/18. You can use other non stock sizes, just keep the backs a little taller than the fronts

jeremy

frdwrnch
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry for the late chime in. Was in Florida last week. Saturday sounds cool for a get together. Looks like Pat will have me captive for a trip to the mall afterwards, snap!

frdwrnch
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM
JW, lots of threads on steering nibble. It's rotors only if the vibration is while braking. Our cars are sensitive to tires that are out of round or out of balance. Recommend having a shop with a "Road Force" balancer index and balance your wheels. Also it is normal for the Goodrich KDW's to shake for the first few minutes on the highway until they warm up and eliminate the flat spotting which occurs when sitting. Welcome to the group.

SC Cheesehead
12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
My Marauder originated from Varsity Augo Group in Laurel, MD (although that's not where I bought it, I got mine thru Carmax actually).

I just use CMPD out of habit. I have a few friends who work for them, but I work for a software company LOL.

Mine is standard black, and I need to get a few small things fixed up on it already (KMX will fix 'em free as part of their guarantee).

Some of the stuff they are fixing:
Some nut put the same size tires on all 4 wheels. They have to replace the rear ones as they are obviously the wrong size.

The piece that holds the front of the seat leather taut has come loose on both front seats. This is just the retainer not being clipped on. Easy fix actually.

A few touchup spots on the driver's side door.

And either a warped rotor or a bent wheel, it's hard to tell. I just get a little steering wobble from time to time.

Its stock config. I don't plan on any mods really. I just want to find a reliable tint shop to tint the windows and able to do the rear window via heat shaping rather than strips (and so far, I haven't found one), put in a K&N air filter, and get it detailed up the right way (for me, its usually a 2-day job to clean up the car).

I am still trying to get used to driving it. I normally drive a 96 Miata, which is a flea in comparison to the Marauder. :)

One thing I would like to find though...
A front plate that's black, and has a chrome Marauder head medallion on it. If I can't find one, I know what my project is over the next few weeks :)

And JW is fine :)

And my final question:

I've got 245's in all four corners on mine to allow tire rotation, and I've just got in the habit of hitting the traction control button when I fire it up. Shouldn't be any probelm with operating the MM with it off.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
12-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Guys,

I'm booked (again):( for the 9th, so will try and hook up with everyone in January.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
12-04-2006, 05:08 AM
Welcome to the site JW! Good to have another member & MM in the Carolina's group.

I won't be able to make the 9th but I will be driving thru Charlotte to see Marauderman this Thursday(12/7) after I pickup my MM in Jacksonville, Fl.

SC Cheesehead
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the site JW! Good to have another member & MM in the Carolina's group.

I won't be able to make the 9th but I will be driving thru Charlotte to see Marauderman this Thursday(12/7) after I pickup my MM in Jacksonville, Fl.

FBM,

What's the latest word on your ride, inquiring minds want to know :confused:

SCCH

Marauderman
12-04-2006, 06:29 PM
FBM,

What's the latest word on your ride, inquiring minds want to know :confused:

SCCH

Hey Rex--put down that darn beer, and get your glasses back on----check back a moment on what fbm said----..he's driving his MM back from Fla and will stop over at my house .......ok ---feel better-----Cheers:beer:

SC Cheesehead
12-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey Rex--put down that darn beer, and get your glasses back on----check back a moment on what fbm said----..he's driving his MM back from Fla and will stop over at my house .......ok ---feel better-----Cheers:beer:

Yep, I saw he'e driving back, but don't think I ever saw a post about what happened to the motor.

Was it a head gasket or something more serious. Like I said, inquiring minds want to know.:cool4:

As for putting down the beer......do I have to???

SCCH

fastblackmerc
12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Yep, I saw he'e driving back, but don't think I ever saw a post about what happened to the motor.

Was it a head gasket or something more serious. Like I said, inquiring minds want to know.:cool4:

As for putting down the beer......do I have to???

SCCH

I'll post what happened with pics, if I can get some, this weekend.

JWLock
12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok, I got the car back last night..
2 fresh tires on the rear that are the correct size and now I dont hafta remember to turn off traction control just to go somewhere in it.
they fixed the seats. no more tapping on the back of my legs.
they took out the ding in the door.

Since then, I notice a squeak/chirp when I close the door. I immediately thought of the same thing on my Miata and bam.. hood. tons of lithium grease, adjust the hood stops.. and its gone.

The only other frustration is the left front speaker sounds muffled/buzzes at low volumes. I didn't let them fix it because I actually have a full set of Sony speakers that I took out of a Ranger I had previously that are the same size, complete with wiring harness adapters (not the speakers i want in it, but will at least make it tolerable until the spring :) ).

So on Saturday, I am replacing the door speakers, and wiring in my XM receiver (Delphi MyFi). I won't have it detailed up, but I hope I can make it up to check out everyone else's ride on Saturday :)

jarchie
12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey JW, great to hear. looking forward to seeing yours this weekend! I just replaced all of my speakers too and they sound a lot better than the factory ones. See you Saturday.

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I'll post what happened with pics, if I can get some, this weekend.

Yeah, sure want to find out what happened.

Glad to hear that you're back up and running, hope to see you soon.

SCCH