PDA

View Full Version : That annoying ding...ding...ding...ding...

yorks
06-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know how to defeat the "key in ignition" chimes so that I can listen to music with the doors open? Used to be that you could pull the key out 1/4" on older cars, but that doesn't seem to work here.
Any ideas? Much appreciated.:confused:

Dr Caleb
06-02-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty sure you can change that through programming the computer. Check the manual. I just roll the windows down. :P
Ever get that terror feeling when you lock the doors, *slam* then wonder if you left the key in the ignition? Try it. Hehehe.
________
no2 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizers.com)

FordNut
06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
I don't believe you can program around that one. I've seen some posts somewhere here that the chime can be removed. Do some searches and see what you can find.

Yeah, I tried that door locking thing and came back to find my car unlocked. Shocking! I've been accustomed to the Mark VII and leaving the car running while making a quick trip into the store, especially in the winter. Just make sure you remember the code for the keypad and lock it up while running. The MM won't let you lock it up the normal way, but I found that you can leave it running, shut the door, then press the 7/8 and 9/0 keys at the same time to lock it up.

studio460
06-03-2003, 02:30 AM
THANKS FordNut! I've been WONDERING how to do that!

RCSignals
06-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Check with the dealer, but i don't think the key in the ignition with the door open warning can be turned off. You just have to close the doors and open the windows.

(I know you submariners have an aversion to opening windows, but....)

FordNut
06-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Try this:

http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=529&highlight=chime

It was mentioned in another thread also, just search with enough different keywords and you'll find it if this doesn't tell you all you need to know.

Bigdogjim
06-03-2003, 08:40 PM
JC Witney use to sell a little plate about 1/2" long that you screwed in the door post and slid the plate over the button that comes out when you open the door. Your interior lights do not work either.