PDA

View Full Version : Any Racer Garage recommendations?

NEPatsFan
06-03-2003, 01:52 PM
I live in Rhode Island. Can anyone tell me an experienced Ford Race garage. I plan on doing mods including the 4:10s and want someone who knows how to do the rear end.

martyo
06-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by NEPatsFan
I .... want someone who knows how to do the rear end.

No comment. :lol:

NEPatsFan
06-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Ha ha. Seriously, I just spoke to a race garage and they told me the performance chip and stat is BS and is not worth it. So, what is up with that?

Logan
06-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Guess what, you now need to go somewhere else. They obviously don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

I personally do***ented a 20rwhp and 30 rw ft/lbs torque increase just by adding a Reinhart chip to a stock, off the lot Marauder with 500 miles on it. The thermostat runs the motor 8 degrees cooler. Cooler motor=more power (to a degree).

Nevermind that in order to run 4.10's you HAVE to run a chip to recalibrate your speedometer for the gears.

RUN away from that shop and call someone else.

1st golden rule regarding Marauder though, is listen to us Marauder owners and not the no name speed shop. :D

NEPatsFan
06-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks. That was very helpful. I was starting to believe him. Anyone from New England that can help me?

Bigdogjim
06-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Find a garage that works on the Mustangs, or look up Mustang club in your area. Marauder has a 4.6L similar to what is under the hood of the SVT Mustangs.

Logan
06-03-2003, 03:24 PM
That's the best advice, find the local late model mustang shop and have them do your gear install. If you look in the reviews section on this site, you'll find a tutorial on installing a chip. Takes about 30 minutes, 1 beer included.

jrzygrl
06-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by NEPatsFan
, I just spoke to a race garage and they told me the performance chip and stat is BS and is not worth it. So, what is up with that? I've got a stock MM, but, I drove Sarge's MM (check his sig) and it SMOKED...there's no doubt in my mind the difference in power the mod's make. When the warranty's up the mod's go on (or in)!!!!!!!

RF Overlord
06-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Actually, PatsFan, the only things you really SHOULD let an experienced garage do are the gears and the torque converter...just about all the other mods can be done in your driveway...

Bigdogjim
06-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
[just about all the other mods can be done in your driveway... [/B]

What if you don't have a driveway :lol: :lol:

RF Overlord
06-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
What if you don't have a driveway

Then you commandeer the in-laws' driveway...

CRUZTAKER
06-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Logan
...... find the local late model mustang shop and have them do your gear install. If you look in the reviews section on this site, you'll find a tutorial on installing a chip. Takes about 30 minutes, 1 beer included.

I had a hell of a time locating a speed shop in NE Ohio, little alone one that KNEW what a Marauder was. Dennis came to my rescue and pointed me east...toward Pa. It's a hundred miles, but worth the trip.

Plan it all in one bunch so you don't have to pay to reprogram a chip for new gears. Ford Motor Sport gears are a dime a dozen, and good quality, and the chip is ESSENTIAL, and easily done yourself. The plugs and stat are easy as well.

Don't let ANYONE fool you, your car is snoozing at the moment. Plug in a Reinhart chip with a genuine Ford engineered program....and you will wonder what you did without it.

Pull up next to another MM with these mods....prepare to be smoked :burnout:

Good-luck, and Welcome to reality. :) :up:

TAF
06-03-2003, 06:57 PM
For the record...the above ^^^^ is from a guy (just like you "PatsFan") who was a little reluctant about what he just described to you like a pro.

Listen to the folks here and 2 things I can guarantee you...
1) you WON'T be lead into anything that is not right
2) you WILL be happy with the results

TAF
06-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by martyo
No comment. :lol:

So THIS ^^^ is how you decided to use your 1000th post??!!

Typical attorney!!! :lol:

Bigdogjim
06-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TAF

See what happens when you give up coffee:P

martyo
06-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by TAF

If anyone was going to notice, I knew it would be you!