PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T #20 - Alive!

DEFYANT
11-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Well gents, after a marathon 24 hour straight install, FIT #20 was brought to life! Aside from a minor water leak, we did not have any issues at start up. Amazing how after you tear the guts out of a car installing a supercharger, when complete, it roars to life.

Makes it all worth while :D

It when like this...

Saturday 11/18/06 at 9:30 am, Seneca, his girlfriend Emma (and photographer), and another releative (sorry dude, forgot yer name) show up in the middle bay of Marauder Alley. We waste no time and get right to it.

We started with the trickest stuff first, for me anyway - flash the computer. *BLINK* -done. Wow, I hope the rest of the install goes as easy.

Jack (frdfreak) shows up as we begin to wrench on the gas tank. Got to admit; this was the worst part for me. I hate working on gas tanks, don't ask me why. And this was my first on a Marauder. We got the tank out after wrestleing with an aray of hoses, wires and one fuel line full of gas. Oh, thats why I hate gas tanks. I still stink of gas after the bath I got!

Back on the subject.. With the tank out, we removed the stock fuel pump. The swap new pump was simple enough. During the reinstallation, I got a real good looksy inside the tank. I did not know the pick up sock sat in what is effectivly a bowl within the tank.

Pics to follow.

We got the tank back in to the car and did a quick swap of the fuel filter for good meaure.

Under the hood, old parts were tossed like this was old hat. Well dissasembly is always faster. Alittle too fast! Since I cracked the plastic nippe on the EGR :mad2: . Some epoxy was obtained by MarauderMark and the EGR was glued back together - for now.

All night long, we fitted the blower - removed it to make adjustments. Assembled the plumbing, removed it to make adjustments. Until finally we were done.

During the 2nd or 3rd test drive the epoxy EGR let go and was.... "fixed" until a replacememnt can be obtained.

That is the readers digest version. More to follow with pics when Seneca gets around to it.

I am off to bed finally.

HwyCruiser
11-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Awesome, good job Charlie. Good to hear everything went well and Seneca is back on the road. Next one in half the time right? :D

Haggis
11-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you guys had a fun night. Due to a last minute situation I was not able to make it and even if I did I would have been asleep on the couch with the dog by midnight.

Congrats to Seneca with F.I.T #20, another S/C CAM Member. Now go out and smoke some rice.

DefyantExWife
11-19-2006, 02:57 PM
and I did my part. I poked my head in the garage every couple of hours and asked

"what page ya on ? "

and

"ya done yet ? "

:D

merc
11-19-2006, 03:35 PM
and I did my part. I poked my head in the garage every couple of hours and asked

"what page ya on ? "

and

"ya done yet ? "

:D

I wonder were I heard this before. Seems like you are making this a habit.

Hotrauder
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Great job Charlie, congrats to you and Senaca. You probably got thrown off track with the "aren't you done yet, Charlie?" With all due respect perhaps not the first time you have heard that question? Jus axing:rofl:Dennis

shakes_26
11-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Great news Charlie, glad to hear you got up and running, I was feeling for you on that gas tank!

Sounds like the EGR's were fighting back all around last night!

MarauderTJA
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Glad you got it all together Charlie. Great job:D .

SergntMac
11-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Nice work, gents, applause all around. Can't wait to hear more about the performance gains for Seneca's Marauder.

Thanks for your observations and confirmation about fuel tank innards, Charlie. This is what Zack and I have been telling folks here for two years now, and how a Marauder can run lean (and out of fuel) in a 1/4 mile pass, if the on-board supply is too low at the tree.

Bravo to all!

Bigdogjim
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Nice work Deyfant and crew!:up:

DefyantExWife
11-19-2006, 06:23 PM
I wonder were I heard this before. Seems like you are making this a habit.

well there was this one other time when I poked my head in the garage and saw a familiar friendly face ... I found MarauderMark in my garage that time :D

so that time i said "heyyyyyyyyy." and "where's Peg" :P

and quiet Dennis... before you make my puppy lose control of her bowels again. :rolleyes:

Bradley G
11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Nice work, Charlie!

sweetair
11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
well alllllllllllll right!! Sounds like MD has a new "on the side installer". Good job to all. I tried to post up on Thurs night, but had wireless connection issues. I was not going to be able to make it, but I was going to wish you and Seneca well. Gas tanks are not fun. Neither is tranny fluid for that matter. Good job, and I am looking forward to seeing the install at the next meet.

Breadfan
11-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Awesome thanks for the update! Enjoy the new power Seneca, can't wait to see it!

juno
11-20-2006, 05:32 AM
Nice job Charlie!! I have never seen the bowl as I changed my pump without dropping the tank thanks to Marc. If it is anything like the Stang bowls, they drill some holes in them to help keep them full.

DEFYANT
11-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Nice job Charlie!! I have never seen the bowl as I changed my pump without dropping the tank thanks to Marc. If it is anything like the Stang bowls, they drill some holes in them to help keep them full.

Emma snapped off a few pics. I do not recall seeing any holes.

There is a possiblity of running out of gas in a drag race with this set up. But you'd have to run the so low on gas, you be afraid to run out on the way to the track! Seneca ran the car about 40+ miles after hitting "E". He even had a 5 gallon can in the trunk just in case.

Cheep insurance is to race with 1/4 tank or more.

Seneca
11-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Well I would like to start here by thanking Defyant (Charlie) For leading the install on kit #20 Dont know what i would have done with out you man..
Cant forget Maraudermark and fordfrk what a great team! I'll post some pics soon as i get my camera I think i might have left it at Defyants place. Memory gets kinda poor after 24hrs straight. I ordered the EGR valve this morning I'll pick it up tomorrow morning and install it. Once i get the EGR valve in place i should be 100%.. .. Oh I forgot to mention i got to ride in the Defyant Marauder looking for EGR valves, I gotta say That cars as sweet as it looks!!!!... I'm gonna say it again nice ride Charlie!.
Dinners ready gotta run for now. Seneca

merc
11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
You need to update your sig. Congrats on the install I wish I was able to make the trip. :beer:

DEFYANT
11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I spoke to Seneca yesterday. He got the new EGR installed and is up to speed. The car is running good.

The pics are on the way.