PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe the hype!

tmac1337
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Don't believe the Supercharger Hype!

Not from me, not from any psuedo vendor salesman pitching BS performance expectations who later financially benefit from your purchase, and not from brand loyalist zealots who will tell you there is only one purchase. Don't believe people who say "this guy I don't even know just drove my car and told me it was the best blown car he had ever took a spin in.....much better than all the others......:bs:. Silly me, but that does not sound like an objective opinion from an unbiased person...anything but! Let's hear from the guy who drove all 3 kits himself and listen to his opinion!

Drive all the cars yourself as many times as you can and make up your own minds. All the base kits are very good.

Don't be fooled when driving highly modified cars beyond the base kits......that's not the performance you can expect without paying a great deal more cash. There are other costs like installation initially, and if you do want to go further, how much does each vendor sell upgrade parts for? What power range are you looking for....low, mid, or high, or all of them? Will you have to buy an aftermarket converter....gears.....and such to achieve all three ranges. No matter which kit you buy to get all three you will have to make additional purchases, anyone who tells you different is blowing smoke up your arse! I have been lucky enough to drive a few base kits and highly modded cars....there is a big difference....and ALL three kits benefit from additional mods!

Consider if you intend to sell your car later with the kit, or wish to recoup some cash by Ebaying it or putting it on another car if possible (which is a financial consideration).

Yeah......I own a Procharger.....have over 10,000 miles on it and am very happy! I have good friends who own great Vortech air to air and Trilogy kits. Each time I drive my friends cars I am just as impressed as when I drive mine! I would NEVER insult them by coming on this site and telling other people there is only one true kit in order to personally benefit, when that is not the truth!

Lastly, don't believe a word I say.......nor any of the other big mouths who come on here preaching. At least I am consistent and not two faced! I give it out and can take it too!

Thanks Greg for providing a quality kit that was a good choice for me......even though there was a few people who were talking smack about you in the beginning......I listened to myself and am still very happy:beer:

whoskal
11-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Hmmmm...:popcorn::popcorn:

Hotrauder
11-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Don't believe the Supercharger Hype!

What hype? and from where? Just wondering why the hostility? and who the bastages are. Dennis

HwyCruiser
11-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Tim, how are you buddy? Sounds like there's more to the story than you let on... not that I'm asking you to elaborate.

It seems at times that an expression of customer satisfaction and personal achievement can be taken as unabashed hype towards a particular vendor or product. It really all depends on the viewpoint and experience of the audience. I'm glad people consider the feedback of others and wind up pleased with their decisions. There are plenty of bad decisions out there to be made without it.

Think about it, Florida, and now Maryland, are probably the only places in the U.S. where someone has the opportunity to experience all three supercharger choices head to head. Even then, as you pointed out, the various modifications any particular car will skew the perception. Differences in boost level, gears, exhaust and converters will drastically effect the performance of a supercharged car - even running the same brand name.

Maybe it’s a level playing field you are looking for. About the only place that would happen is on the track, and then you’d be hard pressed to match up cars. When I was at the Milan track during MV-III I raced a few supercharged Marauders, but none of them had an aftermarket torque converter so the ETs weren’t really comparable. The only other supercharged car I’ve raced that was close had 4.30's, an OEM converter and headers, where I had 4.10's, an aftermarket torque converter and cobra manifolds, and we were both having traction problems. But we had a hell of a good time out at the drag strip that day. Look at the first page of the time slip database - cars from all camps are getting bunched up pretty tightly.

Frankly, I think one of the problems is us FIT guys don't toot our own horns often enough to draw equal time. Why not? FIT’s track-proven kit is the cost leader in the bunch. The standing $500 professional installation offer can’t be beat. The conservative stock tune has been refined over the year and a half the kit has been in production to provide outstanding streetability, even with an aftermarket converter. The tune comes with free phone and email support from FIT’s tuner in Springfield, MO., so you can tailor it to your preferences. There’s also cost effective upgrades that can provide some serious power on top of a forged motor. How many miles do you think us FIT owners have under our belts now have now? It would be interesting to total up, but I would imagine it’s enough to say that FIT has arrived.

Say it with me brother. Say it loud. The FIT/ProCharger team rocks! And that's no hype!

Mad4Macs
11-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Buttermilk! Erm... Chuck Norris!!! Or... Tide makes whiter whites!!!
Sheeesh!
You'd have thought we raised 'em better than that :lol:

bigslim
11-19-2006, 11:06 PM
I would like to add a few things if I can.

First thing I would like to say is that all the kits are good kits. I have seen all the kits in action and I can say that all perform great. I have seen great ET's with all three kits.

Second, I bought the Trilogy kit because of a few things. One was being in the backyard of the vendor and having the luxury of Lidio being in my town. Before I bought my blower I had riden in a Procharged MM. It was not a FIT car but one done by a local shop here. I had also seen the Vortech cars too. I also liked the OEM look of the Trilogy kit.

Third thing I will mention is I still remember driving JDs car with the Procharger during MVIII. I also remember getting beat by him at Milan:bows: . I still to this day say that JD has a very fine MM that runs very well.

The fourth and last thing is I believe anyone buying a supercharger should research and possible drive MMs with the different kits. Also, they should look into which kit provides them with the support they need as well as location. Also get the kit that fits their budget.

Marauderman
11-20-2006, 05:23 AM
The fourth and last thing is I believe anyone buying a supercharger should research and possible drive MMs with the different kits. Also, they should look into which kit provides them with the support they need as well as location. Also get the kit that fits their budget.

I concurr whole heartly on the above ^^^^^^^^^^statement.......caus e that is exactly what I had the chance to do back in Nov.'03 in Alt.
I was fortunate that at a meeting for the Southern Marauders, SargentMac had brought his Kenny Brown 1x , and Bob Mathis had his Triology and Denis Reinhart had just brought into town his new '04 Vortech with just 500 miles on it. Thanks to each, I was given the opportunity to drive each that day --and believe me--There is a difference!.. and with each being different I had to weigh the power provided in amount , quickness ,and where I fitted in with how I personnaly wanted to "drive" into this new found power. .....and of course add into it the location of convience that I wanted to be near the suppier and of course cost..... so the statement is true...it can help tremendously if you can drive different types ---and note what mods they have......yes I was lucky to have such a chance, but when you CAN get the chance --take it--I had to drive 460 miles to do it--Right then I knew sacraficies were being initiated that would begin my life with this car---so there are alot of things involved -- and YES, all power adders for our cars are supper---and we mod them to our own taste true---so its difficult to ever get an actual "match" of S/C'ers as a result--

I tell those who drive mine that the initial added power came in stages and it needs to be done in stages to be appreciated.......well , thats been my experience on how I experienced three type S/C'ers.....the phrase . "to each his own" ..can surely be said belongs when talking S/C'ers for our cars.....Tom

SergntMac
11-20-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm the one guy caught in the middle, the one without much of a choice.

The mod I bought was a whole car build-up by a professional builder, and the first Marauder in history to get supercharged, as well as a lot of other "firsts" on mods at large. Yet, I still took a lot of heat from some folks who's opinion was that the Kenny Brown car was built all wrong from the beginning.

Maybe so, maybe not. But, how can it be so wrong, when no one else had done it, or, done it differently before then? I never got that, still don't.

I didn't get many choices, or, any chance to compare much at all. However, those days have passed, and I know a lot more about it all today. Now I have a fresh canvass at hand, and I will do things the way I want them done.

Took four long years, but the choices seem endless now, and there is no one way to do things. The questions are what do you want to achieve, and how can you get there inexpensively?

Carry on, gents.

Zack
11-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Ive driven, (no cross that out.) Owned every kit but the FIT.
They all are stellar.

O's Fan Rich
11-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Ive driven, (no cross that out.) Owned every kit but the FIT.
They all are stellar.

STELLA!!!!!!!