PDA

View Full Version : Marauder/ Crown Vic vs Impala SS Shootout

sstripes96
07-09-2002, 08:08 AM
LET’S GO RACING!!!!! :D :D :D

Announcing the Southern Super Heavy Shootout II !!!

What : Drag Racing Bracket & Heads UP!!! and Car Corral ( SHOW )!

When : November 9,2002 8AM – 5 PM ( Rain Date11/10/2002)

Where: Georgia’s House of Speed , Atlanta Dragway, Commerce Georgia ( http://www.atlantadragway.com ) Full 1/4 Mile NHRA Track. NHRA Rules Apply!!!

Hosted By:The Georgia Super Sport Impala Team ( http://www.gassit.findhere.org/ )

Cost: Pre-registration : $50 for car, driver, and one passenger, @ the gate $75 for car, driver, and one passenger ; children under 12 are free, additional spectators over 12 are $10 each. ( CASH ONLY @ GATE )!!

Attendees: Impalas, B-Bodies, D-Bodies, Lincolns, Marauders, CrownVictoria’s

Pre-registration forms, and additional information Can Be Found @ ( http://www.sshs2.com/ ) Give us a little time for future updates Please!!!
We would like to see how much interest is here on the forums, so please reply to this post if you are interested in participating in the BIGGEST American Metal Drag Racing Event Of The YEAR!!!!

THE BAD BOWTIE
GASSIT #5
ISSCA #500

RobSS96dcm
07-29-2002, 06:07 PM
So theres no takers yet?

sstripes96
07-29-2002, 06:18 PM
30 so far...200 to go. all the big dogs are comin. Cmon down.

Bud

RobSS96dcm
07-29-2002, 06:37 PM
yeah i know that, but theres no marauders willing to go? whats up with that?

Larry Vogel
07-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Too bad your way down their, I got a 40 year old Marauder that'll kick your Chevies rear ends!:p

sstripes96
07-30-2002, 05:02 PM
I guess we'll never know if you dont show.

Bud

Wags
07-31-2002, 04:10 AM
I don't see how people who have not driven both cars can say which is "faster". I have both an Impala SS and a Marauder, and from what I have seen so far, in a short "stop light to stop light" race, the Impala will kill the Marauder (both being stock) because of good old Chevy torque. But in the quarter, the Marauder is about .3 to .5 sec. quicker. The power bands are very different between the two motors. As soon as you get the Marauder up to ~3400, it does outpull my Impala. I'm still trying to figure out the optimum launch for the Marauder (how much to load the converter, ect.) BOTH are extremely fine cars. The Marauder is the first Ford car that I have had. I would have stuck with Chevy, but they have nothing to replace the Impala's. Just my humble opinion.

Pete

RobSS96dcm
07-31-2002, 09:54 AM
Run what you brung! just kidding,hey im in the chgo area too maybe we can catch each other one day. are you a herd member?:D

Wags
07-31-2002, 10:33 AM
I was about 4 yrs. ago, but I joined, and never heard anything about meetings, outings, ect. I got 1 newsletter the first year, and then nothing. So, after a few years of that, I never rejoined. I'm pretty busy with my Chevelle club stuff anyway.

Pete

RobSS96dcm
07-31-2002, 11:06 AM
actually we have regular meetings right by you in north and south downers grove. Ill be at cars under the stars in elmhurst tonight, come on out.
http://www.elmhurst.org/culture/coolcars.asp

RobSS96dcm
07-31-2002, 11:14 AM
The club has changed alot reg. meetings, 1/4 newsletters and lots of events.
http://www.theherd.com/events.html

Wags
07-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Rob,

Glad to here that the club has improved. I'm going to go out to Lemont tonight. They get between 100 to 200 cars out there. I think I'm going to take the Marauder tonight instead of the Impala or Chevelle. That car gets more attention than any of the others. People seem to love the Marauder! Maybe I'll catch you next week in Elmhurst.

Pete

BISHOPSS95
07-31-2002, 05:01 PM
Our local Merc dealer will have a Marauder on a turn table at SSHS. It will be the only car going round and round at a drag race?!

Logan
07-31-2002, 05:47 PM
All I know is the SS and Marauder are both one of a kind cars... Both kick ass. I love 'em. :)

03 Merc
08-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Okay... I will be there...however I do not expect to have near enough mileage on the Marauder to play on the track....maybe at SSHS3:D

I'm trying to get my dealer to bring one and hope to know more about that later this week or next...

If you Bow Tie guys don't behave I'll bring my 72 LTD Convertible and show you how to drag race!!! Slowly but with style....no use getting ruffled hair....;)

03 Merc
08-30-2002, 05:53 PM
I talked to Pugmire Lincoln Mercury last week and they are planning on attending....keep in mind that November 9th is a way out so vehicle availability may be a factor here.. also they cannot put a vehicle on the track due to insurance issues so they will only be in the show portion.

Whoever is working the vendor side might want to call in and talk to Nick Nasser at the Marietta office to keep reminding them and see if you can get them to become a sponsor.

ssstealth
09-28-2002, 04:13 AM
Hell Yeah, I will be there with my lard-*ss Cadillac to race all comers. FINALLY!!! some real competition... beating mustangs is getting boring ;)

03 Merc
09-28-2002, 05:17 AM
Bill,

Looks interesting...hopefully you can meet the "Hot Rod Lincolns"..:)

ssstealth
09-28-2002, 05:32 AM
Wayne,

Thanks... I hope so too... I have lined up with some Mark VIIIs at Atlanta but have never met anyone who has wanted to put a town car on the track.

A couple months ago I test drove the Marauder and after looking at my car, the dealer suggested getting a Town Car and swapping over the Marauder suspension to it. After reading through the lit for both cars, I decided there were a lot more differences in the chassis than what they were presenting.

Anyway, IF it has been done, I hope that they can be convinced to "come out and play" :D

SSee SSpot Run
09-28-2002, 08:49 AM
hey bill, when are you planning on heading down. shane and i will be going as well probably friday, maybe as early as thursday night. let us know, we may also have another from g'boro going as well. SSee Ya, Rus

ssstealth
10-16-2002, 06:37 PM
Well, it won't be THAT early. We have a cabin near Lake Lure and will probably stay there Friday night. It is only a couple hours from there to the track. I'll keep you posted.

ssstealth
10-23-2002, 07:06 PM
I just saw that there will be NO penalty imposed on last minute registrants and gate shows at the SSHS2!!!

Time to see what that Marauder will do!

www.sshs2.com

LeadSSled
10-24-2002, 09:49 AM
We finally have another Lincoln entered in SSHS2. But that only makes 5, and only one Marauder entered. :( Almost 70 Impalas, Caprices, and Cadillacs are pre-registered.

I was really hoping for a better showing from the Marauders. C'mon folks. The competition should be much more civilized than the normal F-body/Mustang rivalry. The welcome mats will be out, I promise. Only 2 more weeks!

Terry

ssstealth
11-04-2002, 05:25 PM
OK Gang, Just a few days left until the shootout...

The weather is slated to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy... a near perfect day for racing or showing.

Registration at the gate will be the same as pre-registering!