PDA

View Full Version : Dealer just quoted me

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Dealer just quoted me a price of 1.75% over his invoice plus any rebate in effect at the time of purchase. The 3 they have sticker for $34,045 and include trunk organizer and CD changer. Invoice for this car according to edmund's is $32,071; 1.75% for dealer - $561; FoMoCo rebate ($2,000)... seems that the price would be $30,632 before Tax, title, etc.

Looks like a good deal to me......

Logan
09-25-2002, 01:12 PM
I can get them at invoice before discounts locally, but you're right, good deal. :)

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 01:16 PM
I figure the salesman has to make some $$. $560 profit + dealer holdback is fair. A month ago they wanted full sticker.

Also, there is a full nest of T-Birds that are just sitting there....$39,000 +

Fourth Horseman
09-25-2002, 01:21 PM
You know, everybody says the Marauder is too expensive, but to me the T-Bird is what seems to be over priced. I wonder what the sales figures are looking like on them?

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 01:27 PM
T-Bird is overpriced. My dad bought a 1997 T-Bird LX for something like $16,500. 4 years later price more than doubles..... although it is a totally different car.

Marauder is priced correctly somewhere between $30,000-$31,000.

ct_marauder
09-25-2002, 01:35 PM
You guys are right the T-Bird is over priced. When I first started looking at the marauder as my next car the price I was told was around 30K with no extras, so if you can get it for around that price I would jump on it. I am still waiting for a few more options to be offered on the car.... I hope by then they still have these kind of sweet deals!!!!

MAD-3R
09-25-2002, 01:41 PM
I did NOT say any of that, and if anyone asks you don't know me.

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 01:50 PM
I think I'm going to jump on it. I don't need the moonroof or the TC. The Mark VIII has bioth of those things.. I hardly ever open the roof anyway.

03 Merc
09-25-2002, 02:19 PM
JohnnyB,

It is a good time to buy....rebates come and go but to see them on 03's already is really weird... of course so is the economy...

As far T-birds the local Ford dealer was going to sell me one, when they first came out, at only $5K over sticker. Everyone else was $10K over but as a prefered customer..blah, blah... At the same time I saw folks on E-bay bidding $10K up to be allowed to pay full sticker so I can't blame them... Now, in late August early September, the salesman I usually deal with calls me at work to tell me I can have one at X-plan and we can work a deal on an extended warranty... Sounds like those sales figures are getting toasty...

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 02:33 PM
When the T-Bird can boast 300+ HP and a 5 speed manual, then they can talk to me. I bought an 88 Turbo Coupe new in 10/87, 5 Speed, turbo, intercooled, moonroof, etc.... was more ahead of it's time than the current T-Bird.

Ford has the ability to build exciting cars.... they are just afraid. It's always an interim step.... we'll supercharge the Mustang and the F-150, but not the Marauder; we won't put the 4.6 32 V in the Town car or the CV because blah blah blah....

They tout their new products and then leave them for dead Like the Mark VIII, Continental....

piglet
09-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Johnny,

Take the offer and run. I got a very similar offer. You will have to get financing else were. Ford's rates are too high. Credit unions have the best rates right now. I got 4.9% for 60 months last Friday.

Best of luck!

b4z
09-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Local Ford dealer has an electric blue '03 Mustang Cobra with a $7995 "Market Adjustment" sticker for sale. Total price including $1000 gas guzzler tax is 43K!!!
And it has a "HOLD" sticker in the window. Hope some moron didn't actually fall for the 8K markup.

Moparzz
09-25-2002, 05:34 PM
Before you guys start knocking the new T-Bird check out the specs.

I traded in a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 for my Marauder. The T-Bird has the same chassis and drive train as the LS so I speak with some experience. The 3.9L 252 hp V8 with the 5 speed automatic is speed limited in fifth gear to 4800 RPM (normal redline is 6500) and that gives you a speed of 140 mph. If they put out a chip that would allow full revs who knows what it would do. I traded in the LS because it was a little too sophisticated for my muscle car tastes, but I have to admit that it was the best handling car I have ever owned, better than any of my 3 series or 5 series BMWs.

I am a Mauaruder fan, but I'm not going to denigrate the new T-Birds and Lincoln LS cars because they are pretty damn nice!

03 Merc
09-26-2002, 04:55 AM
Bobby,

I bought my wife a 2000 LS V-8 when they first came out. Technically the car is very well executed. From a styling / trim view it needed a little work but that is very subjective... Performance and especially handling were excellent.. Size was an issue though so my wife went back to SUV's...

As far as the T-bird it too is technically a very advanced car...as the next Mustang should be as it will be based on the LS / T-bird / Jag chassis.. but it was not worth the price the dealers where scalping them for when it came out IMHO... BTW there are way to many sitting on used lots already as well.. but that may be a reflection on the economy not the car.. just imagine paying $10K over sticker then taking that depreciation hit!!

The first time I looked at a Marauder it had a additional $3K "Market Adjustment" now it is advertised in the paper for $32,999. If someone is willing to pay the premium that is their business.. I wish I had customers like that...:)

JohnnyB
09-26-2002, 05:15 AM
The current T-Bird isn't a bad car, but it would be a great car if it could be had with a manual transmission and a more powerful engine.

The dealer in my area was adding $5,000 over sticker price which was bringing the price of the car close to $45,000. Add tax and you're near $48,000. There are about 10 on the lot and they haven't moved all summer.