PDA

View Full Version : Meeting

jim geary
11-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok guys,
I see that the Rose Bowl got no response. So lets try something a little
further south. Say Orange County? You guys pick a spot and I'll show up.
Just don't make it Thanksgiving or Christmas. Other than that and I'm good
to go. It's up to you guys both in OC and San Diago.:)

69mach1
11-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi Jim

Between work and home there hasn't been much time to puruse this site. I'd like a get-together but won't be able to break away till sometime in January. I'm not sure where the other guys are, mostly likey on board ship, hopefully they'll chime in soon.
Jeff...Curt...anybody else?

Talk later

Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:

jim geary
11-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Sounds good Jon. Any meet is better than none.

ShelbyMotorspts
12-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok guys,
I see that the Rose Bowl got no response.

I see you had as much luck as I did with the SoCal crowd :D

I tried to get people to meet up at the Saleen grand opening in OC a few months ago and even got permission from one of Saleens people for us to participate in their car show but the thread basically went nowhere.

I thought of trying again earlier this month using the L.A. Auto Show as the meeting place but due to the lack of responses from my Saleen thread I figured it would be a lost cause and didn't pursue it.

From reading the archives it did appear that there was more participation from the SoCal folks back in 2003-04 but it seems a good portion of these folks have sold their MM's and moved on. I'm guessing that others have the been there, done that attitude as even the Knotts Berry farm show had a poor MM turnout compared to the previous years.

I'm in the San Fernando valley area if that matters.

Steve

jim geary
01-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I see you had as much luck as I did with the SoCal crowd :D

I tried to get people to meet up at the Saleen grand opening in OC a few months ago and even got permission from one of Saleens people for us to participate in their car show but the thread basically went nowhere.

I thought of trying again earlier this month using the L.A. Auto Show as the meeting place but due to the lack of responses from my Saleen thread I figured it would be a lost cause and didn't pursue it.

From reading the archives it did appear that there was more participation from the SoCal folks back in 2003-04 but it seems a good portion of these folks have sold their MM's and moved on. I'm guessing that others have the been there, done that attitude as even the Knotts Berry farm show had a poor MM turnout compared to the previous years.

I'm in the San Fernando valley area if that matters.

Steve
Well Steve how about sometime this month. January? How are Sundays for
You? Actually I could get together almost anytime. Semi-retired. You pick
a spot and we'll see if we can't get a few more than just us two.:)

ParkRanger
01-03-2007, 02:49 PM

If it's on a Sunday - count me in. :D
Somebody pick a spot and let's talk MM.
Any others?? :banana:

PR :burnout:

JACook
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Somebody pick a spot and let's talk MM.
Any others??

Well, I would, but being's as I'm in SoCal, I guess I can't. :rolleyes:

Funny, we've been able to get together down in San Diego once or twice...

jim geary
01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure I understand your comment Jeff. You pick a place half way between SD and LA and make it for a Sunday and PR,Steve and I will be there.I hope. Jim

ShelbyMotorspts
01-06-2007, 04:09 PM

How about Sunday the 28th?

I'll be at the Long Beach Hi-Performance Swap meet/Car Show early that morning. Anyone want to try and meet up there around 11:00am?

Steve

jim geary
01-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds good Steve.Maybe PR will show up. Need details on where exactly.

kartherma
01-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I'd go guys, but it looks like I will be underway...

jim geary
01-07-2007, 09:21 AM
That's alright Curt, we'll have one to celebrate your return.

ParkRanger
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
How about Sunday the 28th?

I'll be at the Long Beach Hi-Performance Swap meet/Car Show early that morning. Anyone want to try and meet up there around 11:00am?

Steve

I'll be there. :D
Is that the swap meet at Vet's Stadium (Clark Ave. near Conant Ave)??
11 AM?

ShelbyMotorspts
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I'll be there. :D
Is that the swap meet at Vet's Stadium (Clark Ave. near Conant Ave)??
11 AM?

Yup that's it. I haven't been there in a few years but there was always lots of parking.

How about we try to meet up at the North / East area of the main parking lot. This is the parking area near the edge of the baseball field.

Steve

ParkRanger
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Yup that's it. I haven't been there in a few years but there was always lots of parking.

How about we try to meet up at the North / East area of the main parking lot. This is the parking area near the edge of the baseball field.

Steve

See you at 11 on the 28th!

jim geary
01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Sounds good, I may have to bring a friend to navagate.

Matt Johnson
01-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I think I can make it. Maybe hit Joe Jost's for a beer and a burger too...

ParkRanger
01-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I think I can make it. Maybe his Joe Jost's for a beer and a burger too...

Sounds great.
Polish sausage sandwich with pickled egg and pretzels is their specialty - with a cold schooner of San Francisco Anchor Steam beer! :bows:

kayzap
01-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, Total noob here. As in my first post.

I'm searching for a MM now. If I can make it do you mind if I drop in? I'd like to check out the cars. Thanks.

Matt Johnson
01-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Is this meet still on? I can make the drive, but can't hang very long...

Who's still in for 11 AM on Sunday?

jim geary
01-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm good to go. Can't wait.

jim geary
01-26-2007, 09:01 AM
OK guys, I'm lost. I'll be coming south on the 605 and then switching to the405 north. Getting off at Belflower and then going west toClark and that's
where I get lost. Do I turn right or left and then what? Help.

jim geary
01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
OK guys, all better. Found a Thomas guide. Off at Carson and accross to Clark.

ShelbyMotorspts
01-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Yup I'll be there.

Look for a 2004 SB MM.

Steve

Herco23
01-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey guy's, I live In Norwalk and If you guy dont mind I woulndn't mind showing up.

Herco23
01-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Im not familiar with the area woulb you mind giving me the exact address. Thanks

ShelbyMotorspts
01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Im not familiar with the area woulb you mind giving me the exact address. Thanks

http://208.109.18.194/toppingevents.com/NewSite%20Folder/Pages/Veteran-stadium-map.html

jim geary
01-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Everyone's welcome to show up. The more the marrier.

ShelbyMotorspts
01-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Sorry guys but it looks like I won't be able to make it this Sunday. It's been a steady light rain all day Saturday and the forecast for Sunday is the same.

I just checked the Weather channel and the live webcams at abc7.com and the rain I'm experiencing here in Ventura county is also coming down in the South Bay area.

Go figure, no rain for weeks (or is it months) and when we get something planned it goes down the drain.

Well at least I'm getting my taxes done by staying inside all day.

Steve

jim geary
01-27-2007, 05:11 PM
So if it's raining than we will cancel. And set a new date in 2 weeks.Agreed?

Matt Johnson
01-27-2007, 06:02 PM
OK by me.

And ff it's raining in 2 weeks, we can just go straight to Joe Josts, or meet at that Oyster Bar on Pine:)

Herco23
01-27-2007, 09:40 PM
It seem's like it will be raining, hopefully it dosen't rain.

jim geary
01-28-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't know guys. The sun is out and the clouds seem to be going quickly away.If it's this nice by 10am. I'll be there.

jim geary
01-28-2007, 01:13 PM
well guys I got down there at 10:40. I circled the whole swap meet once and then the street just below Carson deadends into Clark. 2 small parking lots there. First is a Verizon lot so I stayed out of there. 2 lot was for school
so I pulled in there and parked facing the street with the baseball diamond at my back. Waited till 11 then I left and drove around the whole complex twice. Looking for groups of people or anyone waving. No luck.Left to go home at11:13. Very disappointing. Someone else can try and set up a meet.
Ought to exchange cell #s anyway so we can stay in touch. See Ya.

ShelbyMotorspts
01-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry about that Jim. It continued to rain here all night and it's after 12 noon on Sunday and still raining here in Ventura county.

I talked to a freind in Westchester Saturday night and he said it was raining there most of the day.

Like I said earlier we've gone weeks/months with no rain and now two days of it when we have something planned.

Steve

Herco23
01-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Sorry, guy but I got called in to work. next time.

jim geary
01-29-2007, 08:34 AM
OK by me.

And ff it's raining in 2 weeks, we can just go straight to Joe Josts, or meet at that Oyster Bar on Pine:)
Sounds good Matt. But I will need directions.Not familiar with the area.:help:

ParkRanger
01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
So if it's raining than we will cancel. And set a new date in 2 weeks.Agreed?

Been away for a couple weeks and didn't see the updates. Was there - beautiful, dry day and no other MM's in sight?? What's next?