PDA

View Full Version : I thought this forum, would load faster!

Bradley G
11-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Is it me?
Or is it your end, posts take forever, to load?

I am operating on, 3% space left , three teenagers W/ IPODS &/bizillions of Playlists!

MM03MOK
11-22-2006, 08:06 AM
If your hard drive has only 3% space left, your whole system could be slow. For a start, try doing a defrag. And have the kids burn their music to CDs to free up space.

ckadiddle
11-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Bunny Lady is right. Three percent free space on a windows based computer is suicidal. Alternatives are to add a second hard drive for the kids music files, or, you can purchase 4GB usb flash drives for under a hundred bucks now. Each kid gets one to store their music offline.

MM03MOK
11-22-2006, 08:22 AM
.....or, you can purchase 4GB usb flash drives for under a hundred bucks now. Each kid gets one to store their music offline.Christmas is coming up!! :D

Bradley G
11-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey I'm fast again!:D
These kids better chubbie up, and get me sompin sompin good this year!

MM03MOK
11-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey I'm fast again!:D
These kids better chubbie up, and get me sompin sompin good this year!
Didn't do nuttin' Brad-Lee!

Bradley G
11-22-2006, 08:42 AM
You are telling,.......... Me?:P
I would appreciate if you would call them and say that!;)

If your hard drive has only 3% space left, your whole system could be slow. For a start, try doing a defrag. And have the kids burn their music to CDs to free up space.

Bunny Lady is right. Three percent free space on a windows based computer is suicidal. Alternatives are to add a second hard drive for the kids music files, or, you can purchase 4GB usb flash drives for under a hundred bucks now. Each kid gets one to store their music offline.

Bradley G
11-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Yes you did!:razz:
Didn't do nuttin' Brad-Lee!

ckadiddle
11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E168202201 56
I use two of these for duplicate backups of my data at home. Boss liked 'em and bought us some for work use. These are amazingly fast with data transfer when connected to a USB 2.0 port. They are ruggedized but kinda ugly, we call them "cockroaches" because they resemble the size and coloring of Florida's State Bird - the Giant Flying Cockroach.