PDA

View Full Version : Vortech air to air at Gainesville 11/22/2006

Dennis Reinhart
11-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Well tonight the car ran flawlessly, on 9 PSI the car makes 460 RWHP. First pass of the night the car ran 11.744 at 117 MPH next pass 11.696 at 117.23 next pass tire scalding, bleacher stomping, 11.643 at 117.27, just a tad slower than at Comerce, till next week which is the last day for the year, I was running M/T and the car just squat at ran, the crowd loved it when I waxed a new Corvette, I wish every one a happy Holiday.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1164261363-gainesville112206.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1164261388-gainesville112206a.jpg

sailsmen
11-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Congrats on an awesome time!:banana2:

teamrope
11-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Congrats Dennis. :beer:

Is it just me or do Corvettes taste a lot like chicken? :)

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Congrats Dennis. :beer:

Is it just me or do Corvettes taste a lot like chicken? :)

I love the smell of roasting rubber just before I have smoked turkey tomorrow. But come to think of it there were a few of those there tonight as well.:lol:

2006 MMIV Event winner
Vortech The only way to drive.

Pat
11-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Dennis, you'r at a stage in life that sociologists call "self actualization". That is, your living the dream.

Go, Big Papa, go.

Pat

MarauderMark
11-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Dayum!!! Dennis:eek: Awesome times:up:460hp @ just 9 psi? What am i doing wrong?See ya soon.

bryanthomas
11-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Awesome times Dennis! :banana2:

FordNut
11-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Way to go Dennis! Hmmm... Smoked vette for pre-Thanksgiving dinner, sounds like a tasty morsel

Marauderman
11-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Dayum!!! Dennis:eek: Awesome times:up:460hp @ just 9 psi? What am i doing wrong?See ya soon.

That be why a spring visit seems at hand --thats what I'm talking about---get my MM dialed in fur sure....get some of that majic juice flowing in my baby

WTG Dennis---a big High Five to ya!!!!!!!!

glassman99
11-23-2006, 06:57 AM
:beer: Why so consistant???? (I wish I could get the 60 foot times down like you) Congradulations

jim geary
11-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Dennis. What size M/T's and onto what size rims?

Tom Doan
11-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Good job Dennis, I just got a bucket of money today and it's coming your way.Tom

KillJoy
11-23-2006, 07:56 AM
460hp @ just 9 psi? What am i doing wrong?

Dennis has a T-Trim SuperCharger. His standard kit has an S-Trim. this is what I have....and possibly you????

Dennis...nice numbers bud! Glad to see that you have succeeded in getting her to hook!

KillJoy

ckadiddle
11-23-2006, 07:57 AM
If Vettes taste like chicken, then do Mini Coopers taste like Chicken McNuggets?

Dennis, keep up the good work!

Mike Poore
11-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Beautiful timeslips, buddy! Congratulations! Best of everything for Corv ..uh, Turkey Day. :)

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 08:09 AM
:beer: Why so consistent???? (I wish I could get the 60 foot times down like you) Congratulations

I am running CV PI 16" steel rims with 26/11.5/16 M/T I started at 19 PSI
by the time I made several good runs they went up to 23 lbs and I did blow them away coming off the line, so I dropped the pressure again, what I am working on my R/T as well as my launch, normally I do not raise the stall at staging. I just flash the converter on launch, to wards the end of the night I did bring it up some that did improve the 60' time but I did start to have some spin, its all about getting the car and tires dialed in and stay on top of it, my car has 58K on it this is the stock motor, I did ad 3.5 degrees timing and I data logged the run, and the car still is not pulling and spark, I do have a built motor here on a stand and I do have plans on installing it, I will not install a cage in the car, once the car goes 11.49 Gainesville will drop the hammer on me, I do feel the car will go a mid 11 on my current set up, but right now its running great the shifts are dead on right at 6200, and the people just love the car at the track. and they all were talking about our track day there.

SergntMac
11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Dennis! You're running neck to neck with others in the top ten, and without juice. Your 1/8 mile times and MPH are outrageous! Congrats!

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks Mac I am looking forward to next Wednesday its the last test and tune for the season, I am getting ready to deep fry Dan, no I meant turkey.

Glenn
11-23-2006, 10:57 AM
WOW, Dennis - what unreal times on a stock engine. You are doing a great job. I sure wish someone recorded your run with the vette, I would really like to see it.

Glenn

PS: Thanks for the timeslips, I wish more people would post them. (Not that there isn't anything wrong with not posting your timeslips. :coolman: )

gonzo50
11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Awesome runs Dennis, looks like you couldn't wait on that second run to get started,:burnout: other than that, "simply awesome".:banana2:

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
WOW, Dennis - what unreal times on a stock engine. You are doing a great job. I sure wish someone recorded your run with the vette, I would really like to see it.

Glenn

PS: Thanks for the timeslips, I wish more people would post them. (Not that there isn't anything wrong with not posting your timeslips. :coolman: )

I have always posted my times as well as pictures of my projects, I would love to had the video as well but its a bit difficult at the track at nine O'Clock at night, and the quality is usually poor. These are good times Glenn, but its not so much the power, it's getting the car to hook up, this car is a boat we all know that, I am sold on the M/T they are consistent, this is exactly what Sherman was using at Commerce and he ran consistent 11's all day long, I also contribute my times to the PI 3500 and the Art Car transmission, I am running a T Trim where my kit normally sells with a S Trim.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1124993576-Vortechkit.jpg

I have a 3.3 pulley on there, and the car is making right at 9 PSI, I also think in the colder weather it helps to pull the LF head light out I did not do that last night, I have thought about watter meth or a fifty shot but I do not care for either of these, with a built motor and a small pulley the car should make about 550 RWHP on 93 octane at about 17 PSI. More than enough to get the car below a 11.5 which then mandates a cage, which I will not do.

I just did 15 CV PI Police cars for Ga SP, and I I just received a contact for 40 KSP CV Police cars, I am now buying a 03 CV PI that I may do a DOHC conversion or I may install a 460 I have had setting in my corner for years, either way I love this car and the platform.

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Awesome runs Dennis, looks like you couldn't wait on that second run to get started,:burnout: other than that, "simply awesome".:banana2:

Yep I did red light one time, I am trying to cut a good R/T time and practice makes perfect.:beer:

Master
11-23-2006, 12:14 PM
What do you mean by "did 15 CV PI Police cars for Ga SP, and I I just received a contact for 40 KSP CV Police cars" ?

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 12:26 PM
I just sold a performance package to Ga for 14 Crown Victoria Police interceptors, and I am now waiting to do 40 kits for the Kentucky State Police

Master
11-23-2006, 12:29 PM
What constitutes a "Performance Package", and are you making sure that the one you sell us is still better? :)

Master
11-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry, not like you don't have real work to do when you are answering these inane questions...

StevenJ
11-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks Dennis for posting the specs on thoose Mickey Thompson tires you are using. I was thinking about getting a set of 16s and slicks after I saw how your car ran at Gainsville during MVIV. Nice to know you are running great! 58,000 miles too! Makes me feel better since I just broke the big 50,000 mark on my car! Great meeting you in person! I look foward to doing business with you in the future.

Smokie
11-23-2006, 02:21 PM
I am running CV PI 16" steel rims with 26/11.5/16 M/T I started at 19 PSI
by the time I made several good runs they went up to 23 lbs and I did blow them away coming off the line, so I dropped the pressure again, what I am working on my R/T as well as my launch, normally I do not raise the stall at staging. I just flash the converter on launch, to wards the end of the night I did bring it up some that did improve the 60' time but I did start to have some spin, its all about getting the car and tires dialed in and stay on top of it, my car has 58K on it this is the stock motor, I did ad 3.5 degrees timing and I data logged the run, and the car still is not pulling and spark, I do have a built motor here on a stand and I do have plans on installing it, I will not install a cage in the car, once the car goes 11.49 Gainesville will drop the hammer on me, I do feel the car will go a mid 11 on my current set up, but right now its running great the shifts are dead on right at 6200, and the people just love the car at the track. and they all were talking about our track day there.

Dennis congratulations on running great times at a track that has never been kind to me, I believe you will get better times at Bradenton, if you decide to run there let me know.

It was great to see you and Sheila at MV4, and thanks for all the great service you have provided for my car and the friendship over the years. Javier.

MarauderTJA
11-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Great times Dennis. Glad to see you dropped those 60 foot times as compared to Gainesville at MV IV:up: .

Bigdogjim
11-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Nice job! Now enjoy the rest of the weekend :up:

Dennis Reinhart
11-23-2006, 06:00 PM
I wish I could, we will be open tomorrow and Saturday is up in the air, I did want to see the turkey run show in Datona,

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32057&goto=newpost

Justin is there with his portable dyno but I am not sure I can get there, I hope every one had a good dinner.

supa_carrot
11-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I just sold a performance package to Ga for 14 Crown Victoria Police interceptors, and I am now waiting to do 40 kits for the Kentucky State Police

Well, thats always good to hear that our State boys will be faster. Just out of curiosity will my stock Marauder out run them? Not that I would even think about trying, more or less just to know that I could. I mean it would take an idiot to run from one.

Dennis Reinhart
11-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Both cars have a top speed of about 150 MPH, just a bit of info, we tuned a SC Marauder for the Ga police and that car had 17" wheels on it and it ran 170 MPH on a oval track lat week. I hope every one is recovering from yesterday. I am planning on driving down to the Turkey Run, I am looking forward to Gainesville next week.

Master
11-24-2006, 08:34 AM
You have got to be kidding! 170mph? Insane! We don't do high speed chases here in Canada (theoretically, anyway). I would think that a 170 mph cop car would pretty much end a chase before it got out of hand, though. Wow!

MM2004
11-24-2006, 08:59 AM

Holy Shat! The KSP?

That's my state. Keep me in the loop. Maybe we can arrange for me to see a few of these?

Outstanding Dennis!

Mike.