PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T. questions - P1SC vs. D1SC and others

AstroVic
11-23-2006, 11:28 AM
First, let me say that I'm very interested in getting a F.I.T. kit. Assuming I actually come up with the money for a blower, this kit is the most likely route I will take. But, I have a few questions I'd like to clear up. Any help is appreciated.

1. Okay, so I understand the D1SC blower is an upgrade over the P1SC, but what *exactly* makes it an upgrade? Does the D1SC make more power or something? I'm confused about this. Please explain in plain language for me. :)

2. Suppose I wanted to buy a F.I.T. kit for my car and I had no intention whatsoever of going any further in performance mods - no forged internals, no cams, no ported heads, etc. - which blower is the correct choice and why? I really want to keep my car as close to a "cruiser" or "daily driver" as possible. I most definitely do NOT want to build a quasi-race car, and I definitely don't want to take away from the car's drivability.

3. Suppose money wasn't a concern (it always is, of course, but let's pretend it isn't), which blower and why?

4. Is there any way to mount the intercooler differently so it doesn't poke out underneath the header panel? It looks kinda cool and all, but the practical side of me is concerned about that. (Not to be inappropriate or disrepectful in any way, but why doesn't a certain other competitor on this site have that same problem with his kit? What's different about his intercooler setup?)

5. Can anyone give me an honest answer to the pros and cons of the F.I.T. kit in respect to drivability and daily usage? I'm not asking to compare price or anything related to the other kits. I'm just talking about day-to-day driving with the F.I.T. kit.

6. Is there a shield available for the air filter? I thought I saw a really cool looking diamond tread metal one in a picture a while back. Where would I find one of those and how much would that thing cost?

7. Noise. Can someone describe the sound this kit makes? Goofy question, I admit, but I'd like to get an idea of what it'll sound like at idle, under full throttle, etc.

8. Also, what would be involved in making a F.I.T. kit work for a 2000-2004 Ford Crown Victoria? Are we talking massive modifications, or relatively minor tubing, tuning, and associated differences, etc.?

Thanks for any input, comments, or thoughts you might share. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes by. :)

snowbird
11-23-2006, 03:31 PM
First, let me say that I'm very interested in getting a F.I.T. kit. Assuming I actually come up with the money for a blower, this kit is the most likely route I will take. But, I have a few questions I'd like to clear up. Any help is appreciated.

1. Okay, so I understand the D1SC blower is an upgrade over the P1SC, but what *exactly* makes it an upgrade? Does the D1SC make more power or something? I'm confused about this. Please explain in plain language for me. :)
The D1 have the blades at a more agressive angle for faster spool up.

2. Suppose I wanted to buy a F.I.T. kit for my car and I had no intention whatsoever of going any further in performance mods - no forged internals, no cams, no ported heads, etc. - which blower is the correct choice and why? I really want to keep my car as close to a "cruiser" or "daily driver" as possible. I most definitely do NOT want to build a quasi-race car, and I definitely don't want to take away from the car's drivability.

The P1SC is the entry level and should be the choice. That's what i got for the same usage described.

3. Suppose money wasn't a concern (it always is, of course, but let's pretend it isn't), which blower and why?

If you plan to go higher up in the HP scale (forged block, built tranny and rear end and on) then i guess you could maybe go D1SC right now but it would be safer to double check the tune. The P1SC is strong enough to advertized 700-850 hp range and is not what I call weak. The stock block can only withstand about 2/3 of that.

4. Is there any way to mount the intercooler differently so it doesn't poke out underneath the header panel? It looks kinda cool and all, but the practical side of me is concerned about that. (Not to be inappropriate or disrepectful in any way, but why doesn't a certain other competitor on this site have that same problem with his kit? What's different about his intercooler setup?)

Yes there's at least three ways and more if you've got the imagination.

5. Can anyone give me an honest answer to the pros and cons of the F.I.T. kit in respect to drivability and daily usage? I'm not asking to compare price or anything related to the other kits. I'm just talking about day-to-day driving with the F.I.T. kit.

I used it in Canada, 4 seasons a year between minus 25 to a bit over plus 100 degrees F without problem. And yes in the snow, rain, etc.

There is no cons. The blower make the car faster. You got to have a good conversation with your right foot.

6. Is there a shield available for the air filter? I thought I saw a really cool looking diamond tread metal one in a picture a while back. Where would I find one of those and how much would that thing cost?

Most customers do theirs to their own taste, but it is not essential

7. Noise. Can someone describe the sound this kit makes? Goofy question, I admit, but I'd like to get an idea of what it'll sound like at idle, under full throttle, etc.

The sounds of a (insert your favorite jet be it commercial or interceptor from the Navy) at idle on the tarmac of an airport. Very nice and intimidating. These things turns 62000 rpm. The drawback: Now, nobody wants to play with me :bigcry:

8. Also, what would be involved in making a F.I.T. kit work for a 2000-2004 Ford Crown Victoria? Are we talking massive modifications, or relatively minor tubing, tuning, and associated differences, etc.?

It's doable but I will let others answers. The main blower unit, the injectors, the pump and some smaller part can interchange but a few specific to the 2 valves blocks of the Crown would have to be found. One ex-marauder owner on this board bought a MACH I and tranfered it with success. He his actually making Floridas drivers wish it woudn't be doable though.

Thanks for any input, comments, or thoughts you might share. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes by. :)

Use the search function at the top right of your screen. This board is a gold mine of INFO with well thought key search words.

MarauderTJA
11-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Rather than have to type a 100 words, feel free to give me a call and I can answer most of your questions. My cell is 239-281-5181.

TOM

maraudernkc
11-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Below are some answers to your questions,

The D1SC has a diffrent housing and impeller and will flow a higher volume of air.2. Suppose I wanted to buy a F.I.T. kit for my car and I had no intention whatsoever of going any further in performance mods - no forged internals, no cams, no ported heads, etc. - which blower is the correct choice and why? I really want to keep my car as close to a "cruiser" or "daily driver" as possible. I most definitely do NOT want to build a quasi-race car, and I definitely don't want to take away from the car's drivability.If you are not going to a forged motor than the P1CS will flow enoughf air to shatter your stock motor, I don't reccomend going over about 460RWHP on your stock motor.

3. Suppose money wasn't a concern (it always is, of course, but let's pretend it isn't), which blower and why?Go with the D1SC and build your motor otherwise the P1SC is more than your stock motor can handle if we cranked up the boost.
4. Is there any way to mount the intercooler differently so it doesn't poke out underneath the header panel? It looks kinda cool and all, but the practical side of me is concerned about that. (Not to be inappropriate or disrepectful in any way, but why doesn't a certain other competitor on this site have that same problem with his kit? What's different about his intercooler setup?) We have two intercooler mounting locations. one is underneath with the chin mounted scoop and the second system mounts the intercooler behind you grille.

5. Can anyone give me an honest answer to the pros and cons of the F.I.T. kit in respect to drivability and daily usage? I'm not asking to compare price or anything related to the other kits. I'm just talking about day-to-day driving with the F.I.T. kit.Our cars drive like a normal Marauder until you hit the go pedal and than your off into hyper space.

6. Is there a shield available for the air filter? I thought I saw a really cool looking diamond tread metal one in a picture a while back. Where would I find one of those and how much would that thing cost?Why do you want a shield? We have done testing with the filter enclosed an the Intake Air Tempature does not change. There is no horsepower gain but maybe you want the bling factor.
7. Noise. Can someone describe the sound this kit makes? Goofy question, I admit, but I'd like to get an idea of what it'll sound like at idle, under full throttle, etc. At an idle you will hear a whistle that has a very unique sound. If you are drving normal around town you don't hear the blower but if you hammer it than you will hear the whistle sound again with a growl comming from the exhaust.It sounds awesome IMO.

8. Also, what would be involved in making a F.I.T. kit work for a 2000-2004 Ford Crown Victoria? Are we talking massive modifications, or relatively minor tubing, tuning, and associated differences, etc.? Your intake is on the other side. There would be allot of changes.