PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Tune??

Black 04
11-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm looking to but myself a Christmas gift and I want a tune for my MM. Which ones should I go with, the Lidio or the Reinhart? My MM has the 3.55 gears and a CAI.
Any ideas??

VNMUS
11-24-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm also curious on this one.

MM03MOK
11-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Any tune will be an improvement. Each is a fine tuner with many happy customers. You've been around here long enough to know there can be many personal opinions about "which." Call each of them up and talk to them. Unless you plan on visiting one for an on-location tune, you'll need a handheld tuner to transfer the tune to your car. Both carry those too. You will love the results!

chader
11-24-2006, 10:17 AM
What A Quinky Dink...my Wife Will Need This Info Too...she Does Not Know This Yet,but She Too Is Buying Me A Tune/tuner For Christmas..and Needs To Make The Wright Decision!!!

AstroVic
11-24-2006, 10:25 AM
What A Quinky Dink...my Wife Will Need This Info Too...she Does Not Know This Yet,but She Too Is Buying Me A Tune/tuner For Christmas..and Needs To Make The Wright Decision!!!

Wow, this is amazing! My wife is also unknowingly buying me a tune for Christmas!

My wife also doesn't realize that she's probably going to be buying me some other goodies for my Marauder.

Unfortunately, I still get to pay for it all - one way or another. :(

The Big Stu
11-24-2006, 10:43 AM
I need a wife.

ckadiddle
11-24-2006, 10:48 AM
As long as you purchase your tune/tuner from one of our fine supporting vendors, you cannot go wrong. I chose Dennis Reinhart because he is located in FL and had visited one of our local meets. Liked DR in person. Love the improvements the tune makes. Kicked myself hard for delaying over a year.

Hotrauder
11-24-2006, 10:51 AM
I have a wife, she needs a tune:D . Generic tunes are fine but if you want a real tune for what you want in your car put your tuner in your car on the road and let him do his magic. Lidio is a magician and there are others. check with the S/C guys you know who have tunes specifically for their cars. they can give good advise. Dennis

SID210SA
11-24-2006, 10:56 AM
As long as you purchase your tune/tuner from one of our fine supporting vendors, you cannot go wrong. I chose Dennis Reinhart because he is located in FL and had visited one of our local meets. Liked DR in person. Love the improvements the tune makes. Kicked myself hard for delaying over a year.

Then I guess I will kick my self harder for delaying so far for 2 years....but this Christmas I am ordering one...come hell or highwater I am getting one this year....

SamF
11-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I ran an AA tune for about 7000 miles and just this week tried a DR. They are both outstanding improvements. IMO the AA tune is really good at getting in to the powerband smoothly with firm shifts and outstanding driveability. The DR tune is more aggressive with the shifting under light throttle and gives a different connective feel from the pedal to the engine at most speeds. They seem to have different philosphies on TC lockup and shift point parameters. Call them and talk with them, make an educated decision you wont be sorry you did, either way.

AstroVic
11-24-2006, 02:12 PM
So far the DR tune seems more aggressive with the shifting (nice!) and gives a much different connective feel from the pedal to the engine. They have different philosphies on TC lockup parameters.

Sam, thanks for the post. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Just lay it out there and give us an honest opinion. :)

Thanks again!

sailsmen
11-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I like the support I get from DR, by a mod and he will usu update the tune in the xcal by email for FREE!

Bill Lalk
11-24-2006, 03:13 PM
For you're consideration, if you want to save some $. A new SCT xcal2 with a Lidio tune.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130050317627&rd=1,1

kj31067
11-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I need a wife.

think twice my friend!!!!:D

by the way, i have the below mentioned tune and love it.

Bill Lalk
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
kj31067, We have the exact same car except I don't have the proguard...........spooky:cool man: .

junior
12-04-2006, 01:24 PM
How about a group buy of X-cal 2's for our wives? My better half is ordering this week....I think.

Ken
12-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I need a wife.
You can have mine! I just got rid of her today!!!!:banana: :banana: :party:

One caveat: high miles, rough miles, run hard, left out to weather! You can have her cheap. :eek: :rofl:

Sorry Stu, wouldn't wish that on anyone!:twocents:

Ken