PDA

View Full Version : Hit a deer!

pantheroc
11-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Just got done doing yard work and washing the car and wanted to go out for a spin since we are having great weather in Ohio. Hit a friggin deer!:mad2:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/5/4/4/CIMG2056Small.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/5/4/4/CIMG2055Small.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/5/4/4/CIMG2054Small.JPG

Looks like the hood, grill, pillar, door and mirror took the hit.

marauderboi
11-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Ouch I am sorry that happened at least your ok

jimlam56
11-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Ouch, that hurts. Sorry to hear this. How's the windshield pillar?

sailsmen
11-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry, almost hit one last week.

can you eat it?

Hotrauder
11-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Man that's a shame. It is that time of year again. Looks like you hit him hard. Good luck with the repairs. Dennis

ckadiddle
11-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Dayum! Sorry that happened to ya.

Joe Walsh
11-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Friggin' Whitetailed RATS!

In our area the tree huggers protest everytime Howard County authorizes a limited hunt to thin out the overabundance of deer.
They propose using BIRTH CONTROL on the deer herds!!!:eek: ...WTF!?? Great use of our tax dollars!:shake:
Then they turn around and complain about damage to the azaleas and landscaping in their yards!!!...jeeez!

Sorry to see all that damage....hope that the body shop can make it all good again!

MarauderTJA
11-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Dam, that really sucks....Hope the damage isn't as bad to repair as it looks.:( .

Mad4Macs
11-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Looks like the hood, grill, pillar, door and mirror took the hit.

Pssst! You might want to have that windshield checked out, too...
Man, glad everyone was ok, though, because that looks like a NASTY hit!

Daily 03
11-26-2006, 12:04 PM
What a bummer Jerry. I am glad that you did not get hurt.
Dale

Bluerauder
11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
In our area the tree huggers protest everytime Howard County authorizes a limited hunt to thin out the overabundance of deer.
They propose using BIRTH CONTROL on the deer herds!!!:eek: ...WTF!?? Great use of our tax dollars!:shake:
The Washington Post published a map in today's paper showing all the deer strikes/kills that were reported last year in the MD-DC-VA area. I had no idea the problem is as large as it is here. I figured maybe a couple hundred strikes. There were over 5,000 in the total area last year. Some 1,900 in the Montgomery County, MD area alone. Incredible. With numbers like that ... thinning the herds should be a major priority by any means ... except vehicle.

BTW -- pantheroc, sorry to hear about the damage to your MM. Glad no one was hurt in the incident.

mpearce
11-26-2006, 01:53 PM
OMG!! I can't believe it! I don't know what to say! The last ride of the year too I'm sure. Hope everything works out ok. I'll give you a call...

-Mat

FastMerc
11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
OMG,Jerry hope you are ok,I almost taged a small pickup yesterday.Sucker turned right on red infront of me I had the green.Luckily there was no one in the left lane,my quick evasivness ovoided the collision scared thr sh#$%t out of him.:eek:

Marauderman
11-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Oh no Jerry!!--Man oh Man!! Your car looked so good the last time I saw it too at MVIV--and behind me traveling down together--Darn--Sorry to hear and see the news---Hope you can get her fixed quickly--I know how much you enjoy the MM---Keep us posted on the repairs and good luck..........Tom.

KillJoy
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Dude!!!! That SUCKS!!!! At least the repair will be done in the down time....and not peak driving season ;)

KillJoy

MM2004
11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Jerry. That friggin' sucks man. Good thing no one was hurt. She'll be back together and good as new.

Keep us posted. Okay?

Mike.

MERCMAN
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Jerry, sorry about your misfortune. That is the main reason I HATE to drive after dark, sumb itches are dumber than Mike Tyson at a spelling bee. When you get the windshield repaired, remember to get the correct MM windshield, the insurance co will try to get you to replace it with a different one,, ask me how I know!

BAD MERC
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Where's the beef!!!!

RoyLPita
11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I hope that the missus was not with you when this occured. Keep us posted on any progress, please.

chapel1
11-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Jerry Wow thats something else! That must of been one hellva a deer!
Hope your OK I'm glad you were alone? That looks to close for comfort? Gail and I wish You and Diane Best Wishes.

Black_Noise
11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
oh the pain.... make it stop.

i cant bear to look

superford3
11-26-2006, 06:25 PM
damn sorry to see that but atleast nobody got hurt

DefyantExWife
11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Key-Ryste.... that's a lot of damage. Once I hit a big buck with a white minivan... there was blood and clumps of fur in my grill. very gross. :puke:

Glad you're ok. I suppose the poor deer didnt make it. :rolleyes:

pantheroc
11-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your kind words. Luckily no passengers were present, would have been picking tiny bits of glass out of their eyes.

I think that deer actually did me a favor....I had so many chips in all the damaged front end parts that this was a blessing. The only damage that gets me is a dent in the A pillar and the mirror scrapes on the door from swinging into it when it broke off the breakaway hinge. All other panels and headlights seem to be good. The windshield I can care less about, but thanks for the heads up on proper replacement. I have the tinted version, I hope I get that one and not a dot matrix type. Anyone have part numbers for the two?

I picked up the grill pieces today and hope I have enough left on the vertical bars to maybe use for a badgeless grill build.?.

CRUZTAKER
11-26-2006, 07:20 PM
:baaa:

I'm laughin' with ya man....:rolleyes:

I hope you threw that beotch in the trunk and took it home!
Gut that sucker and have venison for the winter.
Damage not too bad....was it a doe?

Tough luck man, but atleast you and Diane remain unscathed.

If you're gonna hunt deer....use a big gun.
Marauder is the epitomy of 'big gun'.

I'm off to Portland tomorrow.....26 days :down:

Haggis
11-27-2006, 05:45 AM
That really sucks Jerry. Glad to hear you or Dianne were not hurt and your windshield reminds me of the time I was hit by a car doing 30mph. I took out their A pilar as well.

You have our number we will try to help if you need anything.

mailman
11-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident Jerry. I hit one years ago in College and scared the hell out of me. They jump out of nowhere at night. glad nobody was hurt !

LordVader
11-28-2006, 08:31 AM
:mad: Sorry to hear about your run-in. You took a beating on this one, but the good thing is no one was hurt. I have two experience with deer myself, the score is 1 for the deer and one for me! The second one was crossing the road in front of me and fell down in the snow, and I had no choice but to run her over. Had so much traffic behind me, I couldn't even stop to check it out. Hope your dedictible is low.

Haggis
12-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Jerry any updates on the repair?

pantheroc
12-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Still in process. Hood is long lead item (delivery). The way the weather is today, they can hang onto the car for another week. The snow, slush and SALT is everywhere. I will need a good dry out period in weather to get it home.

Jerry any updates on the repair?

Ken
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Damn, Glad to hear that you weren't hurt, and that damage wasn't worse. Did the airbag deploy?

Ken

pantheroc
12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Airbag is still intact.
Damn, Glad to hear that you weren't hurt, and that damage wasn't worse. Did the airbag deploy?

Ken

Marauderjack
12-08-2006, 04:32 AM
Was the windshield pillar post badly bent?? Looks like it was in the photos??:eek:

I have always been affraid of hitting a deer and have had a few VERY close calls!!:argue:

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

pantheroc
12-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Pillar had a ~1/2" dia dent, ~1/16 deep, thats all. I thought it would have been badly damaged from my point of view just after the hit.

Was the windshield pillar post badly bent?? Looks like it was in the photos??:eek:

I have always been affraid of hitting a deer and have had a few VERY close calls!!:argue:

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

Haggis
12-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Pillar had a ~1/2" dia dent, ~1/16 deep, thats all. I thought it would have been badly damaged from my point of view just after the hit.

***** is that all, I did more damage to the A-pillar when I was hit by that car.

don
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
i know exactly how you feel i let my girlfriend drive my car once and she smashed it up pretty bad too

pantheroc
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
All the other damage to my other cars was when the wife drove 'em, she was careful but bad luck followed her.

knine
04-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Glad you're o.k., sorry about the MM. Hope all works out. Glad nobody was hurt.