PDA

View Full Version : What a great weekend!

QWK SVT
11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
The weather this weekend was beautiful! I woke up early on Sunday, and thought what a great day to go racing, and I was off (in the truck, though). :banana2:

The track in Cayuga was relatively quiet - about 20-ish cars, and prep was really pretty good, considering there wasn't a full compliment working the track. End of the day, I came home with a new best of 12.539 @ 109 without a full cooldown, but a 1.779 60'. With a full cooldown, I know the mph would be above 110 (earlier runs were there). I'm sure I could dip into the 12.4's or maybe a 12.3, under the right circumstances :burnout:

So, for those that had good weather (sorry vancouver), what did you do?

Peter
11-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow, good time on your Lightning!
We both share the same weather anyways :)
As for racing, not really, didn't have time for it, although a shiny brand new Mustang came beside me at the lights, he was revving the engine so I decided to sneak up beside it and step on the gas hard and rocketed to the the next stop look at my gauge and it read 110 KPH by the time the mustang came he said "Nice car What is it" I proudly said with a smile on my face "A Marauder" then I pulled into Tim Hortons for coffee :)

Canadasvt
11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Well I was sick all weekend. That's what happens when people show up at work when they should be at home in bed. Good to hear the Oakville-built Lightning is performing to her best. Somehow I can't get as excited about the new Edge. :(

Dr Caleb
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
You guys suck. And I mean that lovingly. ;)

It's been below -20 and snowing for a week. Today I woke to -33C. Battery was frozen, car wouldn't start. Streets are paved with polished ice. (The slippery kind.)

It is winter here my friends!

But I did see an odd thing yesterday . . .-25, windchill in the -40's, and there was a Black MM parked out front of IBM. Stock wheels. Grill was perfect, so it wasn't 99SVT's.

Anyone here? SeaKingDriver?

snowbird
11-29-2006, 02:53 PM
You guys suck. And I mean that lovingly. ;)

It's been below -20 and snowing for a week. Today I woke to -33C. Battery was frozen, car wouldn't start. Streets are paved with polished ice. (The slippery kind.)

It is winter here my friends!

But I did see an odd thing yesterday . . .-25, windchill in the -40's, and there was a Black MM parked out front of IBM. Stock wheels. Grill was perfect, so it wasn't 99SVT's.

Anyone here? SeaKingDriver?
Gee i hate those polar temps and i feel for you guys in the west.

We often get what you get with a 2-3 days delay but this time, the cold front is passing further north up here, luckily for us, :) this time ... But winter is not even started yet ... :(

Dr Caleb
11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Gee i hate those polar temps and i feel for you guys in the west.

We often get what you get with a 2-3 days delay but this time, the cold front is passing further north up here, luckily for us, :) this time ... But winter is not even started yet ... :(

I've been in Montreal when it's -20,and the wind comes off the seaway . .that's no fun ethier! It cuts right to the bones!

And you are right, winter has not yet begun. Come February, -40C with the windchills in the -70 range. Oi!

As Tommy Chong put it, "I survived Prairie Winters, I can survive a little time in Prison..."

RUSTY
11-29-2006, 06:52 PM
It has been so mild that i have been working on a hanger roof with only a t-shirt on. I know the temp is going to drop but i sure am enjoying this november.

1stMerc
11-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Reading about you guys temps. We in St. louie Mo can't complain about our supposedly first major blast of snow and cold. Currently 65 degrees, but "the weather people or calling for temps falling to the 20's tonight with rain, sleet, snain, and a total accumulation of about 8" of the white stuff, when it's all said and done. People are really panicing here at the thought.

Winter hasn't officially begun here either.