PDA

View Full Version : Naake suspension solves "body language" problem!

David Morton
11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
(deleted by David Morton) Reason: MM03MOK doesn't like what I have to offer to this site. So long guys.

RUSTY
11-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the write up. This set up sounds like it makes a large car handle like a small sports car

David Morton
11-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the write up. This set up sounds like it makes a large car handle like a small sports carExactly! Better than a BMW.

Badger
11-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm in awe at the amount of effort you have dedicated to this problem. Would a set of baer14" benefit from this set up as well?

David Morton
11-29-2006, 07:22 PM
(deleted by David Morton) Reason: MM03MOK doesn't like what I have to offer to this site. So long guys.

juno
11-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Good info! Thanks Dave!!

MM03MOK
11-30-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm not seeing my signature list so here's the whole poop listing brake and suspension mods I've done in order.

Signature only appears in your first post in any thread.

Marauderman
11-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Without a doubt, ANY 14" front rotor setup would benefit.

I'm not seeing my signature list so here's the whole poop listing brake and suspension mods I've done in order.

KVR 14" 4 wheel kit w/stainless steel braided neoprene hoses. All rotors are drilled only. Rears are stock size and use stock calipers. (Dennis Reinharts' kit)

Metco upper and lower rear control arms and Watts links. (fr Metco)

ADDCO rear sway bar. (fr DR)

NAAKE Suspensions' full monty treatment from Mike Naake with the DA QA1's on all four corners.
I should add that you'll need the Metal Matrix Driveshaft that DR has and a chip reprogram if you want to do 140 safely, if there is such a thing.

Oh, and by the way...

...she handles like a rollerskate on a rail. With these settings, I can roll over a dime and tell you whether it's heads or tails.

:cool:
Look for a PM from me regarding your set up here--its all thats left for me to do to mine.....Thanks-------Tom

David Morton
12-05-2006, 12:32 AM

MM03MOK
12-05-2006, 05:42 AM
David - great write-up. Would you mind copying your first post and anything additional you'd like to add, into the Suspension >> Shocks & Springs section of the Reviews section? Easy reference for future viewing. Thanks!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/reviews/uploadproduct.php

Reminder to all: please do use the Reviews section, in addition to a thread you may start, for easy future reference of your product reviews.

David Morton
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Done. Have a happy. :)

Yamaha
06-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi David I'm going the same route as you with the susp. mods. What did the full 4 wheel KVR kit run you ? 732-422-5703 Thanks, Stan

O's Fan Rich
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Wish Dave was here... I just ordered the Naake double/double today and would like to speak with him...

Maybe "over there", Dave?

KillJoy
06-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Didn't realize this post's age.

Sorry :rolleyes:

KillJoy

RCSignals
06-04-2007, 04:11 PM
David left in some sort of huff unrelated to the original post that was made on 11-29-2006. Edited all the info out on o4-11-2007 so we couldn't have the info.

I hope you find him 'over there' Rich

O's Fan Rich
06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
David left in some sort of huff unrelated to the original post that was made on 11-29-2006. Edited all the info out on o4-11-2007 so we couldn't have the info.

I hope you find him 'over there' Rich
Oh well...
Dave if by some chance you "lurk on by". Look me up please.

CRUZTAKER
06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
This thread has become useless.

I was 'away' for the original post and therefore missed it entirely.
Without looking at the dates, I figured...David wrote up an awesome piece of information and it was Admin edited because Naake isn't a sponser here.
(Typical of the Logan days - Pr...k he was about that, and of our new days with...well you know :P).....

However, the post seemed quite nice, and was requested to reside in the FAQ. A fine addition it would be for those with enough dough for the ultimate suspension. I can't. :(

Soooo....what pissed him off to delete/edit a post he made six months ago?
And what did he hope to achieve by punishing everyone?
Did he edit all of his threads?

I did delete my pics when I hiatus(ed), but not my input. My pics were being whored out. So I cannot be too judgemental on his decision.

Ahhh well. Perhaps he'll post it on the other Marauder site. It needs a home, and they do have a handfull of usefull threads to offer.;)

MM03MOK
06-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Hmmm....never noticed he made mention of me. Did I say something?

RCSignals
06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hmmm....never noticed he made mention of me. Did I say something?

Maybe you should contact him. He seems to have deleted pretty much everything he ever contributed, at least Tech wise.
Very odd for someone who was always very pro-Marauder, and seemingly wanted to be helpful.

Something upset him.

David Morton
11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Hmmm....never noticed he made mention of me. Did I say something?Yeah, a$$wipe. You were one of those jerkoffs that was turning this site into a forum for republican politics.

I'm back and I still think Bush 43 was the worst thief and crook America has had the misfortune to have imposed on it as president. Two stolen elections and look at the crap we're in now. He's a war criminal and should be brought before the world court on charges of mass murder, him and Cheney both.

Well now, I feel better. Care to ban me again, dickwad?

Eat human feces MM03MOK. Oh, and all you tea baggers can die too.

I'm all done having my say. Now I'm ready to do for this site what this site is for, TALK ABOUT MARAUDERS! OK?

Or are you still the same jerkoff?

Well see. I'll be back in a couple of days and rewrite some of the posts that had good technical information ABOUT THE MARAUDER! Not politics.

-end of rant-

CBT
11-07-2011, 09:14 AM

Yes and I don't plan on changing.

2,4shofast
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Ha ha you ****g kill me!

Spectragod
11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah, a$$wipe. You were one of those jerkoffs that was turning this site into a forum for republican politics.

I'm back and I still think Bush 43 was the worst thief and crook America has had the misfortune to have imposed on it as president. Two stolen elections and look at the crap we're in now. He's a war criminal and should be brought before the world court on charges of mass murder, him and Cheney both.

I'm all done having my say. Now I'm ready to do for this site what this site is for, TALK ABOUT MARAUDERS! OK?

Well see. I'll be back in a couple of days and rewrite some of the posts that had good technical information ABOUT THE MARAUDER! Not politics.

-end of rant-

Such hostility, must be a Democrat thing. :confused:

David Morton
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Maybe I won't be back.

tbone
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Welcome back!

Now go away.

MM03MOK
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah, a$$wipe. You were one of those jerkoffs that was turning this site into a forum for republican politics.

-end of rant-
And to think I just helped him last night gain access to his log-on information so he could post again. Silly me. Guess he didn't put two and two together. David, I had long forgotten what happened four years ago. Thanks for bringing it all back. As I said when I deleted your Farewell thread in April 2007, Manners and respect do count in life.

Au revoir!

LANDY
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
David I'm thinking bout buying adjustable Naake rear shocks. If you don't get to post the specs here you can send them to me @ Magicindade@cox.net.
Thanks.
Landy

jstevens
11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
can't we all get along? Geez, some people are too flippen serious about this crap.

Its just a car, not the shuttle.

Phrog_gunner
11-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Case you should see the sweet letter I got back from W after I invited him to the wedding.

CBT
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Case you should see the sweet letter I got back from W after I invited him to the wedding.

Who is W? And where's MY invite?! Update your facebook status to FAIL. :flamer:

cougar9150
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
David I'm thinking bout buying adjustable Naake rear shocks. If you don't get to post the specs here you can send them to me @ Magicindade@cox.net.
Thanks.
Landy

Landy I can help you out with this. I'm swapping the lower bushings on the rear Naake's when I install the KYBs up front and can get all the dimensions needed. I would just buy the QA1s from a cheaper source than Naake and make you own lower mount as the ones supplied with kit require stacking washers for proper fit. I probably have enough materialsleft over to make you a set you'll just need to buy the 2 piece bushing set.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Joe Walsh
11-07-2011, 10:33 AM
can't we all get along? Geez, some people are too flippen serious about this crap.

Its just a car, not the shuttle.

Thank goodness!......I don't want my Marauder falling apart or blowing up at high speeds!

Still too early for NASA/Space Shuttle jokes??

LANDY
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Landy I can help you out with this. I'm swapping the lower bushings on the rear Naake's when I install the KYBs up front and can get all the dimensions needed. I would just buy the QA1s from a cheaper source than Naake and make you own lower mount as the ones supplied with kit require stacking washers for proper fit. I probably have enough materialsleft over to make you a set you'll just need to buy the 2 piece bushing set.

Ok I will call you later.

cougar9150
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Ok I will call you later.

Cool, I'll be off around 6.