PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket exhaust

walela1
11-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Anyone with info Re cat back exhaust system for the '04 MM?

The one offered by Reinhart is way too pricey, the 1705 kit by Flowmaster I ordered for my '06 Magnum R/T From Summit was no more than $500.00 and has resulted in not only better sound but more HP in that car.

I would like similar results , and similar capital expenditure for my MM.

Best,
Walela

RR|Suki
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM

The one offered by Reinhart is way too pricey, the 1705 kit by Flowmaster I ordered for my '06 Magnum R/T From Summit was no more than $500.00 and has resulted in not only better sound but more HP in that car.

Best,
Walela

buy a couple flowmaster cans and go have a shop fab you up some pipe

AstroVic
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
buy a couple flowmaster cans and go have a shop fab you up some pipe

Anyone know a good shop for this kind of work?

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :bandit:

RR|Suki
11-29-2006, 07:59 PM

LOL... :rasta: :rasta:

03SILVERSTREAK
11-29-2006, 11:32 PM

Best,
Walela

The Reinhart/Cobra exhaust and kook headers is already built and has excellent dyno results.

Your 06 Magnum R/T has more cubic inches under the hood and those cars are mass produced. the MM was a limited production vehicle so very few aftermarket exhaust co. did not consider the MM a moneymaking venture ,so our MM members that build aftermarket exhaust is the way to go.

CRUZTAKER
11-29-2006, 11:41 PM

Anyone know how to use the SEARCH function on this site?

Sorry...I couldn't resist either.:baaa:

And BTW:
Reinhart doesn't offer a catback system. So take your trolling ass elswhere.

FordNut
11-30-2006, 05:12 AM

Best,
Walela

Nobody makes a cat back system for the Marauder.

Reinhart and Kooks offer a bolt-on kit. Stainless Works offers a system but I'm not familiar with how it is installed.

Reinhart's includes Cobra manifolds and a modified Cobra x-pipe with cats. A little fab work is needed to hookup to stock mufflers or to replace the stock mufflers along with the rest of the system.

Kook's system has headers and x-pipe specifically made to fit the Marauder. It also requires a little fab work at the mufflers. I believe the Stainlessworks system is similar.

Some people have used Cobra shorty headers and the same sort of x-pipe mods as the Reinhart kit. I believe it requires a shim under the driver's side motor mount so the shorty header clears the steering shaft.

Another option is a totally custom system done. Some shops won't do it due to risk of fines by EPA for removing/replacing functional cats. Some shops will do it if you remove the cats yourself and drive it in without cats. Some shops will take the risk and do it anyway.

As stated before, limited production car. We're lucky to have the options we do have.