PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. - 2003 Marauder... PARTS FOR SALE

eclipse4769
12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I didn't really see a place where to put this, so I figured this would be the best spot... If ADMIN's need to move it, feel free to. New to the site, don't have a clue where it would go. Well, as it says, Marauder is done... My Dad was going around a corner on Coon Hollow and the tire blew out... Anyways, lost control of it, and went down into a ditch, taking out several trees with it.
Anyways, I am trying to put some feelers out on what people would want off of it if we decide to buy it back from insurance company.
Here are some of the things still good on it:
18" Wheels(Scuff marks)
Motor and Transmission (4.6 4V motor and 4R100 trans)
Guages(Both regular guages and Auto meter guages)
Passenger seat
Door panels
Dash
Radio
Amp
Speakers
Rear Bumper cover(Scratched)
Trunk(Scratched w/Dent)
Left Mirror(Scratches)
Marauder Steering wheel
Center Console
Right Rear Taillight
Gas tank and fuel pump(Bigger Fuel Pump)
Front suspension is good
Front Brakes and rotors

There is probably more salvagable on this car, although I am not for sure yet, haven't looked that closely. Anyways, if anything sparks your interests, let me know... Might be willing to sell the car COMPLETE depending on what type of offer we are looking at from insurance and what you bring to the table... These parts are great if you want to add an addition to your current Crown Vic.
Thanks!
Chris...

lotusstv
12-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I need a radio. Send me a PM.

Peter
12-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Glad to here your dad is okay.
PM "Stryker" He will get the seats from you ;)
Do you have the floor mats if so, I'll buy it, also how much for two rims?
PM me...

RoyLPita
12-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome aboard. Where are you out of?

CRUZTAKER
12-02-2006, 12:21 PM
We had another member part out a car in this fashion.
The classifieds would be too difficult to maintain a list and reply to requests.

I need the entire rear panel below the truck lid that contains the backup lights and key hole.

Is it intact?

DEFYANT
12-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I would be interested in the overhead console and dash panel with the clock.

gdmjoe
12-02-2006, 01:04 PM
You've got PM !

Mike Poore
12-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I would be interested in the overhead console and dash panel with the clock.

Hey Charlie, you might want to re-think the overhead console. I hear there are difficulties to the point of making it nearly impossible, but forget specifics. Anyway, it ain't a bolt-on, as I recall. :depress:

Bill Lalk
12-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I would be interested in the wheels(but I was not 1st in line - see above), a decklid spoiler(does not have to be perfect), any/all of the working heated seat/window switches(lighted part also), complete electric gas door system(inside door panel button, wiring if its different, gas door itself and actuator that pops it open) and there will be more when I think of them.

junior
12-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I might be interested in the center console if it's the same as the 2004 and dark flint. PM me if you want.

Glenn
12-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Interested in complete driver's front headlight assembly, rear bumper cover if not scratched too bad. May be interested in engine. PM me on engine details and price - any mods, miles, ticking, smoke, etc.

Glenn

stryker
12-02-2006, 01:46 PM
:eek: ECLIPSE!, I want ALL. PM ME...!NOWWWWW!

STRYKER.:burnout:

eclipse4769
12-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding to everyone, thanks for the pm's thast I have gotten already. Basically, we are in the process of getting the car back from insurance, so any offers, etc. that you have on the car, feel free to pm me and let me know... Anyways, I tried to send any and all pm's back to people that I could so if you responded on here, chances are you have a pm. Anyways, I am posing pics of the marauder for you, just incase you might see something salvagable that you want. Hopefully this helps everyone, as I know everyone needs something. :)

http://www.michiganmustang.com/newgallery/gallery/album05

The car is located in Three Rivers, Michigan. I would rather not ship anything I don't have to, so I would kind of like to do local pickup only on most of it. Smaller things I am sure we can work something out on... Anyways, keep those offers coming, this way I know what to do... Thanks!

Chris...

chris@michiganmustang.com

CRUZTAKER
12-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Chris.

Who parted out his totalled Marauder here two years ago? I bought his trunk carpeting, but cannot remember his name for the life of me....:help:

I think Chris should talk to him to see how profitable it was for him buying back and parting out his car.

eclipse4769
12-02-2006, 03:11 PM
In all honesty, that would be the biggest help due to not wanting to pay a fortune on the car from insurance, especially if I don't have a big enough commitment to get the money back, possibly a little extra. Anyways, any help would be great as I am not sure how to handle this(First time for everything)...

Chris...

bugsys03
12-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Wow that car is hurt bad. I would hope you can buy it REALLY CHEAP, not much salvageable there except MAYBE drivetrain. How many miles on it?

eclipse4769
12-02-2006, 05:25 PM
The car itself has got 105,000 PAMPERED miles... This car has been driven by myself and my mother more or less for the last 30,000... Just recently it was passed onto my dad, and this happened... So, if we do pick it up cheap, and someone does get the motor, they will not have to worry about much... It runs perfect, with no problems... I just hope I can pick it back up for cheap... We will see though... Like I said, anything you want that is still good that I have listed or you see just pm me an offer, and I will throw it down that you want it. Kind of a first come, first serve basis... If we get the car, then you get the part... If we don't get it, then hey, nobody is out anything, and it works out great...

I will definately keep everyone informed on what is going on...

Thanks!

Chris...

So far, I got only one dib on the rear light section on the deck lid for 125.00... Deck lid is still ok though, so offer away! :) Also, any other part is still dibless due to no bids on it yet... I think the lowest we were thinking on the motor and trans together is around 1500-1700.00...This is just due to it being taken care of so much... Not a problem with it at all...

Also, I noticed that the exhaust and tips are ok as well, so just something to keep in mind. :)

jimlam56
12-02-2006, 05:57 PM
The car itself has got 105,000 PAMPERED miles... This car has been driven by myself and my mother more or less for the last 30,000... Just recently it was passed onto my dad, and this happened... So, if we do pick it up cheap, and someone does get the motor, they will not have to worry about much... It runs perfect, with no problems... I just hope I can pick it back up for cheap... We will see though... Like I said, anything you want that is still good that I have listed or you see just pm me an offer, and I will throw it down that you want it. Kind of a first come, first serve basis... If we get the car, then you get the part... If we don't get it, then hey, nobody is out anything, and it works out great...

I will definately keep everyone informed on what is going on...

Thanks!

Chris...

So far, I got only one dib on the rear light section on the deck lid for 125.00... Deck lid is still ok though, so offer away! :) Also, any other part is still dibless due to no bids on it yet... I think the lowest we were thinking on the motor and trans together is around 1500-1700.00...This is just due to it being taken care of so much... Not a problem with it at all...

Also, I noticed that the exhaust and tips are ok as well, so just something to keep in mind. :)
Do you have a picture of the car, or did I miss it?

jgc61sr2002
12-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Do you have a picture of the car, or did I miss it?

Go back you missed them.

That Marauder is in bad shap. Glad there were no injuries.

eclipse4769
12-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah, it is pretty bad... The car is totalled completely... If you are looking for body panels, then good luck... Bout the only good thing is the trunk lid and prolly the rear bumper... Everything inside the car is ok other than the driver seat and the backseat. If you look closely, then the driver seat airbag went off, and the rear seat has a tree sticking through it... Pretty bad... Although the passenger side is ok... All the door panels seem to be ok, the switches seem fine too... Anything inside the door(Window Rods, lock rods, etc) are prolly done...

Anyways, the link again is:

http://www.michiganmustang.com/newgallery/gallery/album05?page=1

Thanks!

Chris...

DarthMarauder
12-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I would like a few interior pieces like the radio vent surround piece and maybe a few others but I'll wait to see if you get the car. I would be probably willing to go and do a pick up as Three Rivers is only about 3 hours from me. So I will watch this post closely.

Breadfan
12-02-2006, 08:29 PM
How's the grille?

Very sorry to hear about the car.

Zack
12-02-2006, 08:42 PM
How's the grille?

Very sorry to hear about the car.

http://www.michiganmustang.com/albums/album05/100_0119.sized.jpg

stryker
12-02-2006, 09:00 PM
:cool: Well Mang, Thank God nobody's hurt or dead the Panther sacrifices himself to save the owner this is why all my cars are Panthers I have suffered 3 accidents and thanks to the size of the car I am alive to tell, here in Puerto Rico most of the fatal crashes were in compact cars.

Breadfan
12-02-2006, 09:31 PM
http://www.michiganmustang.com/albums/album05/100_0119.sized.jpg

Ouch :(

I didn't click the forum link above so didn't see the pics, wow...again glad to hear everyone was ok.

I take it the front passenger side door glass is toast?

Peter
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh one last thing....THE trunk organizer ;)

stryker
12-02-2006, 09:42 PM
:cool: I want the airbox in fisrt place, second the whole exhaust system.

eclipse4769
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM
ok, sorry for the delay guys, have been busy most of the day. Ok, the trunk organizer and the exhaust is going on my brothers Grand Marquis... Besides that, all the windows are totally gone out of the car other than the driver side rear 1/4 glass is ok...As far as DARTHMARAUDER's post, then the vent, radio, all of that is complete, please feel free to pm me an offer, that way if we get the car back, we know to contact you first on getting rid of it...

Thanks for everyone's concern about my Dad's well being, but he is doing fine, due to an awesome "Panther". :) He is actually sitting here helping me figure out what to type for all of these posts. Trying to keep up with them. Keep those PM's coming, making a list! :)

Chris...

DEFYANT
12-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Anyone got dibbs on the guage cluster?

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Still up for bids... Bid away in my pm's...

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey just got some wind that the link I posted wasn't working properly... If it doesn't work good for you, just click onto this one, and it should be the first batch of pics you see... Thanks!

Chris...

http://www.michiganmustang.com/newgallery/gallery/

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 01:21 AM
btw, I am a retard... I think I put a 4R100W trans in the post at the beginning, it is actually a 4R70W transmission... Wasn't using my head. The 100 was used in trucks. lol...

OneBADLsE
12-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Holy shyt that thing took a shot!!!

Good luck on your sales...sorry to see that happen to you

OneBADLsE
12-03-2006, 01:37 AM
btw, i wouldnt mind an instrument cluster for my GM.

Peter
12-03-2006, 07:41 AM
ok, sorry for the delay guys, have been busy most of the day. Ok, the trunk organizer and the exhaust is going on my brothers Grand Marquis... Besides that, all the windows are totally gone out of the car other than the driver side rear 1/4 glass is ok...As far as DARTHMARAUDER's post, then the vent, radio, all of that is complete, please feel free to pm me an offer, that way if we get the car back, we know to contact you first on getting rid of it...

Thanks for everyone's concern about my Dad's well being, but he is doing fine, due to an awesome "Panther". :) He is actually sitting here helping me figure out what to type for all of these posts. Trying to keep up with them. Keep those PM's coming, making a list! :)

Chris...
Do you think he's getting another one;)

N40GL
12-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Anybody claim the overhead console yet for sure (I can't tell whether it's taken)? PM me.

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Do you think he's getting another one;)

Yep... Eventually... :) Actually just went out and I think we are going to get this Ford Fusion... Guy is offering a smokin deal on this 2006, so we might do that for now, although I have several people who have pmed me about selling there's, so I might keep that in mind as well. :) Hella good cars!

Peter
12-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Yep... Eventually... :) Actually just went out and I think we are going to get this Ford Fusion... Guy is offering a smokin deal on this 2006, so we might do that for now, although I have several people who have pmed me about selling there's, so I might keep that in mind as well. :) Hella good cars!
Remember you don't get the handling, speed and comfort from the MM;)
Search autotrader.com ;)

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Eh, doesn't bug me at all... Actually, I doubt I will be driving it too much(The Fusion)... I got 3 other cars as it is, so I am sure I can find something to throw out there for the wintertime. :) My Boss(Wife) seems to like the Fusion more than anyone so we will see I guess....

Chris...

CRUZTAKER
12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey Chris,

I remember who it was now, parting out a Marauder last year.

This member, Jinfla, from Florida.
I see he hasn't been online in awhile, perhaps send an email, and see how profitable his adventure was?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=678

Marauderman
12-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey Chris,

I remember who it was now, parting out a Marauder last year.

This member, Jinfla, from Florida.
I see he hasn't been online in awhile, perhaps send an email, and see how profitable his adventure was?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=678

Correct--his name is Jeff--Met him personnally and picked up a wheel and tire from his parted out MM---very nice guy--don't know if he is involved anymore since with MM 's though---

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey thanks for the advice and all, I will try to get with him here shortly. I could use a little assistance in this due to never having something like this happening. I would almost be curious to know what he bought it back for, etc. Also, I could use a little help from other Marauder owners... I will kind of explain what is up, maybe you can help...

I have a buyer for the rear panel on the trunk with the backup lights, and all of that... Anyways, my guess is the studs for that are built into the panel, and prolly have a nut built onto them... Does anyone know what size these nuts are that hold the panel on??? I am going to see if I can "Yank" it fast before insurance looks at the car, also without the people at the tow yard getting mad. Going to mention we need to grab more stuff, and grab that in the process...

Anyways, not to try to screw with insurance, but it sure would be nice to sell that off and get a little of the cash we need for the rest of the car to buy it back to help anyone who needs other parts...

If someone can figure out what I need to pull that panel, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Chris...

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Spare wheel I had will be shipped out prolly tomorrow or Tuesday for Blue Oval on the forum... So, the spare is gone... Anything else is still available with possible pending bids. :)

Chris...

stryker
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
:shake:

CRUZTAKER
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Anyways, my guess is the studs for that are built into the panel, and prolly have a nut built onto them... Does anyone know what size these nuts are that hold the panel on??? ...

There are a handfull of small, maybey 8mm nuts holding this piece on. I never removed mine, and unfortunately my car is over 3000 miles away to take a peek. I have seen the part removed. It is not a difficult procedure and requires no more than a nut driver and a socket set. Please do not "rip" anything off. Broken plastic studs = no deal.

You also have not verified the condition of the paint finish back there. This panel is entirely plastic, and not easily deep scratch repaired. Understand, mine is cracked on the 2" x 8" lower left molded trim. There is no other unrepairable damage, nor deep scratches on mine.

You need to look very closely at yours, and decide in your opinion, if there are indeed scratches on it, that if you were in my place to decide, would rather not deal with, you need to let me know.

Tell you what. Rather than remove it, take a real closeup pic of the area with a high res camera, and send me a pic.;)

eclipse4769
12-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, not a problem, we will look at it tomorrow, I will definately take the camera, see if I can't get some more pictures of it... I can't really judge how "Perfect" it is and all, I will have some more details tomorrow. Also, I will see what kind of pictures I can get of the interior for others... Anyways, I will let everyone know! :)

Chris...

eclipse4769
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
UPDATE:

I just went out to the towing company where the poor car sits, and checked it out closer inside... Anyways, pretty much any part inside that someone wants is there's, again, as long as we buy it back...

Also, I cranked on the ignition, and the puppy fired up as if nothing ever happened. All of the exhaust is still intact, and works fine! :) I know my brother has dibs on the exhaust, but the motor is still available... Believe it or not, the transmission shifted into drive and reverse, although with the rearend done in the back, I didn't want to chance it too much...

Anyways, just an update for everyone. Thanks also to everyone lending a hand in assisting us figure out the best method to take when trying to get this car back. :)

Chris...

p.s.- The funny thing is I signed up on this site just about a week ago to chat with some other enthusiasts, also to Tom Kuznicki(Thought I saw him on I-75 toward Flint from Bay City). :)

eclipse4769
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
UPDATE:

With the airbox and the tubing, we were going to sell that with the motor if we did anything, although now I have gotten the word to get bids on the MAF, box, etc...

Any of that, make an offer on. Motor though, we want to keep complete... :)

Chris...

eclipse4769
12-08-2006, 10:52 PM
UPDATE:

Wheel and tire are gone, already shipped out, new owner has possession of it. Also the mats are gone. Still waiting for the final word on the cost to buy back the car. As promised, I will let everyone know what's up. :)

Chris...

don
04-03-2007, 10:00 AM
hey chris i am looking for some inside door panels are they still available if so please email me at dmcsr02584@yahoo.com thanks don

Zack
04-03-2007, 10:00 AM
There are door panels in the classifieds.

ParkRanger
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry to hear about all this Chris. I can feel the anguish in your words.
Will you try to get another MM?

PR :burnout:

Aren Jay
04-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Kind of puts my Marauder into perspctive. The more I look at your picts the better I feel. Thank you.

Jimimac43
05-01-2007, 04:03 AM
Sorry about the crash, glad to hear your Dad is ok. I scanned the posts, may have missed it,is the rt tailight assembly ok and available?

ole69
05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think eclipse is posting anymore

Last Activity: 12-20-2006 11:13 PM

Unless he lurks Offline:bigcry:

copinjam
05-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Chris, Sorry to hear. Bummer. Glad to hear your Pop's OK. I'm interested in the entire center console if possible.

Thanks,
copinjam

lucenti
05-12-2007, 03:36 PM
gladeto here your father is ok!

I am looking for 2 rims

thanks
Dave

00 Aggie
05-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Umm, is nobody seeing the date of his posts?

60sec_assassin
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
ehy do u still have the stock rims, i want 2 so i can get them widened for the rear.:confused:

CanadaMarauder
06-13-2007, 09:14 AM
No driver side airbag deployed..Wonderin if your interested in selling just the horn pad (no airbag) Mine took a fist to the emblem.

CBT
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Do you still have the valve stem caps? And the escape handle inside the trunk? Ooooh, and what about those stickers on the visors that say "Do Not Remove"? PM me: DickHuggins@thispostissoold.co m

musclemerc
06-22-2007, 10:06 AM
:flamer:i need the plug that goes to the fog light assembly with about 8" of the wire attatched...

KillJoy
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
eclipse4769 http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/avatars/MM_National_Pin_Avatar.jpgLast Activity: 12-20-2006 11:13 PM

Admins...PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD so it quits creeping up!!!

KillJoy

FastMerc
06-22-2007, 07:44 PM
I talked to him back when havent heard from him since my guess he did not get to buy back the car,so probably the parts are in a bone yard by now,or he sold the whole car to someone:P

Paul
06-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I'd like to get the voltage gauge. Do you still have it? :stupid: