PDA

View Full Version : FIT#16 Almost Done

kartherma
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi guys, back again with an update or two...

The kit is pretty much completely installed now. I just need to install the IAT, install the program, button up some of the cosmetics, and take her over to do the fuel pump on a lift (I admit to my failing to get it done from under the car without dropping the tank all the way...), and oh... the vacuum line too.

I was wondering if anyone who has done the vertical mount behind the grill could post some pictures of the under side of the car so I can get an idea of how low your tubes hang. I feel I have them up pretty high, but I am uneasy about it and would feel alot better if I could see some other installs.

I am also unsure about the vacuum line install and was hoping someone could post a picture of that part of the install also.

I am afraid to head back to Yuma this weekend because it will be finished if I go there...and then I will feel compelled to yank the wheels off for the WeldCraft treatment and Nitto's. (I think I have the money but would rather spend it on the kids, etc. for Christmas) So I think I will stay in San Diego for this weekend.

Any San Diego Marauders wanna meet saturday or sunday?

Be good!
Curt

Marauderjack
12-03-2006, 04:17 AM
Fuel pump is a PITA....any way you do it!!!!:mad2: It will certainly be MUCH easier with a lift and an extra pair of hands!!:argue: DO NOT attempt to use the old studs....remove them and install the supplied "Longer" ones......Your day will go MUCH better!!:cool:

What vacuum line do you speak of??:confused: If it is for the "Blow Off" valve tube just run it along the bottom radiator hose with wire ties and up to the vacuum source...."T" it in.;)

My blower tubing was hanging low and I used EXTRA LARGE wire ties to hold it up snug against the plate below the fan!!:beer: I can try to get some pix if you wish? The Mach I "Chin Spoiler" hides it from the front now!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Zack
12-03-2006, 02:56 PM
You dont have to drop the tank to get the pump out!!!!
Yes, you have to unbolt the passenger side tank strap, thats it!

teamrope
12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Fuel pump is a PITA....any way you do it!!!!:mad2: It will certainly be MUCH easier with a lift and an extra pair of hands!!:argue: DO NOT attempt to use the old studs....remove them and install the supplied "Longer" ones......Your day will go MUCH better!!:cool:

What vacuum line do you speak of??:confused: If it is for the "Blow Off" valve tube just run it along the bottom radiator hose with wire ties and up to the vacuum source...."T" it in.;)

My blower tubing was hanging low and I used EXTRA LARGE wire ties to hold it up snug against the plate below the fan!!:beer: I can try to get some pix if you wish? The Mach I "Chin Spoiler" hides it from the front now!!:beer:

I'm debating getting the chin spoiler. Without it the tube almost look like snake fangs. :)

kartherma
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes, any pics would be greatly appreciated.

HwyCruiser
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Curt, I don't have any pics of the lower pipes on a vertical mount or I'd post them. Mine is sort of a hybrid of both mounting locations with a couple extra elbows to get all the pipes up under the bottom of the fascia.

My suggestion is to get the pipes installed leaving the clamps a little loose, and then go back and adjust how far the pipes go into the couplers and at what angle to get the fitment right and then tighten the clamps up all the way. Just make sure you go through and check the tightness of all the clamps after everything has had a chance to settle in and you've driven the car a few times.

teamrope
12-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I'de post pics if I had them... Don't seem to have any that show what you are looking for. Maybe I'll get a chance to take some this weekend.

Marauderjack
12-04-2006, 04:45 AM
These are shots of the "Chin Spoiler" and how it covers up the blower tubing!!:beer:

I can get you some shots of the wire ties supporting the tubing today.....All tubing is up tight against the fan support plate and doesn't hit anything...even the parking lot stops at Wal-Mart!!:bows: