PDA

View Full Version : Black MM with Black wheels in LA?

Matt Johnson
12-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I saw a black MM coming out of Martin B. Retting last week. It had really nice looking black powdercoated wheels. I've never seen that car around here before - I think I've only ever seen 4 other Marauders on the road in LA since 03.

Would love to know who it is and where they got their wheels powdercoated - they looked great.

ParkRanger
12-06-2006, 10:08 AM
There's still a few of us around, Matt.

PR :burnout:

jim geary
12-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I saw a black MM coming out of Martin B. Retting last week. It had really nice looking black powdercoated wheels. I've never seen that car around here before - I think I've only ever seen 4 other Marauders on the road in LA since 03.

Would love to know who it is and where they got their wheels powdercoated - they looked great.
Try Wheels America Matt. Located in Santa Fe springs. If they won't powder
coat than they know who will. They do repair work on rims.and repolish.
They even widen.:)

jim geary
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Well Matt are you still thinking about powder coating your wheels? If so, I don't know just where you are but there is one spot out in Azusa. Around the
Miller brewing plant and there seems to be another in South El Monte.
Were you planning on doing just the rim or everything? I'm planning on doing
the center cap and lug nuts as well. Just got the rims back from being widened and repolished. Look good. Waiting for 2 Nittos that I won on EBay.Some of us are going to try and get together this month. I could bring
a powder coating catalog for you to look at if you like.
Think about it. Cheers, Jim Geary:drive:

Matt Johnson
01-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Well Matt are you still thinking about powder coating your wheels?Some of us are going to try and get together this month. I could bring a powder coating catalog for you to look at if you like.
Think about it. Cheers, Jim Geary:drive:

I'm not thinking; I've decided. I just want the right person to do it and haven't had a chance to really investigate it. I want the whole wheel - lug nuts, center cap, spokes, rim... Johnny Cash Black.

Let me know when/where you guys get together and I'll see if I can make it. I'm in LA near the beach.

gdmjoe
01-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Matt Johnson - I want the whole wheel - lug nuts, center cap, spokes, rim... Johnny Cash Black.
Ya mean like this .....

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2206000-2206999/2206612_14_full.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/gdmjoe/evil.gif

BTW ... The lug nuts are black chrome made by http://geocities.com/gdmjoe/gorillaauto.jpg Gorilla and available from JCWhitney.

Matt Johnson
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
That's exactly the look I want. I don't want the dull black powdercoat look, I want dark black or 'black chrome.' Very nice.

RCSignals
01-03-2007, 10:59 PM
didn't Barry (Cruztaker) say he is working on the West Coast? He has/had black powdercoated wheels.

Bigdogjim
01-03-2007, 11:36 PM

Matt go to this thread post # 16 first picture
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32471

I have '06 Mach 1 wheels 18X8 only needed a 1/4 spacer on the front. Wheels are black with a chrome ring around the outside. You can get them at any Ford L&M Dealer.

kartherma
01-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Jim,
You have a place here in SoCal that will do the widening for us????
Please tell me more!

BeGood!
Curt

jim geary
01-04-2007, 07:46 AM
It's a long story Curt. I went to Wheels America and they said yes they
widen wheels. I said great.Said 1 week. How come so long? Have to go to
Huston TX. All the Wheels America places send their widening jobs to Huston.
They clean and polish at each location but not the widening. Still turned out
nice.One rim had deep scratches and the other had ridden along a curb for awhile.Looked nasty. Got em back. Just like new.Talk to Alex.

jim geary
01-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Before I forget Curt. Just for cleaning and polishing. 1 day turn around. Not bad.125.00 per rim. Widening is 225.00
562-229-1918 or 888-592-5569 Hope this helps.