PDA

View Full Version : OK CAM'rs, I'm comin' to Town

jabird56
12-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I will be coming to DC the week of 7 January, arriving Sunday night the 7th. I'm planning to stay down in the Old Town Alexandria area. I'm in town for a week long class for a particular certification that I'm after with the govn't. Right now I am planning to drive since I'll be heading up to South Jersey to the parents place Friday evening after class. The weather forecasts will dictate whether the Marauder gets to go, or will it be the Mariner.
I'll probably be available during the evening to rendevous for dinner or something if anybody is up to it.

Jay

Joe Walsh
12-10-2006, 10:45 PM
COOL!

January CAM Meet in Alexandria anyone???

MarauderMark
12-11-2006, 05:34 AM
COOL!

This could possibly work:D

Bluerauder
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
I'll probably be available during the evening to rendevous for dinner or something if anybody is up to it.

Jay

I'd recommend The Chart House, One Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA (703) 684-5080 for dinner. Nice view. Great location. Good food.

Link here >>>> http://www.chart-house.com/loc-alexandria.html

Your timing of arrival late Sunday and departure Friday afternoon to head to NJ probably won't allow for a full CAM get together. But I am up for a dinner trip. Pick a day that's convenient. Any other CAM folks interested??

Bigdogjim
12-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey! If your heading up to New Jersey then I would be happy to give you a ride after the meet? Beats flying:) Only differance between my marauder and 747 is 20,000 feet:)

Breadfan
12-11-2006, 10:38 AM
I might be up for something - will keep an eye on this!

jabird56
12-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm up for the Chart House (been there before). How about Monday evening the 8th, say about 6:30? Jay

Mike Poore
12-12-2006, 05:45 PM
COOL!

Hey Joe, isn't that where you guys had the Old Dominion Brewpub CAM doo?:beer:

DEFYANT
12-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Subscribing.....

Breadfan
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey Joe, isn't that where you guys had the Old Dominion Brewpub CAM doo?:beer:

Nope, that's over in Sterling/Ashburn, VA, kinda closer to Rt. 15.

There is Capitol City Brew Co in Shirlington, just off 395...

http://www.capcitybrew.com/locations.html

Bluerauder
12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm up for the Chart House (been there before). How about Monday evening the 8th, say about 6:30? Jay
Sounds good to me. :up: Will have to confirm later as we get closer to January --

Will be running solo for this one since if I head south to pick up the wife first, it'll add at least an hour plus to the time. :(

OK -- who else is up for some fine seafood in Alexandria, VA?? :D

Hey Joe, isn't that where you guys had the Old Dominion Brewpub CAM doo?

It's a good thing that you use a navigation system --- otherwise you'd never find us. :rofl:

Breadfan
12-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm up for it! Any word on the parking situation there Charlie?

Bluerauder
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm up for it! Any word on the parking situation there Charlie?
There's a parking lot at the end of King Street near the river (about 400 feet from the Chart House). Another lot is at the end of Prince Street (about 3 blocks away). There are some other smaller lots in the area. Worst case is to park on the street along Union Street. I have done all three in the past. Monday night shouldn't be too bad ..... of course, I have been wrong before. :rofl:

O's Fan Rich
12-13-2006, 10:17 AM
That looks like a real nice place. I'd love to eat there at least once.... 4 hour drive one way for me though.

Haggis
12-13-2006, 10:21 AM
That looks like a real nice place. I'd love to eat there at least once.... 4 hour drive one way for me though.

Spend the night at a motel.

O's Fan Rich
12-13-2006, 10:32 AM
I just sent it up the chain to the Big Boss.... we have two things planned for Jan alreay... we shall see!

jabird56
12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I will be coming to DC the week of 7 January, arriving Sunday night the 7th. I'm planning to stay down in the Old Town Alexandria area. I'm in town for a week long class for a particular certification that I'm after with the govn't. Right now I am planning to drive since I'll be heading up to South Jersey to the parents place Friday evening after class. The weather forecasts will dictate whether the Marauder gets to go, or will it be the Mariner.

Jay

UPDATE: I have decided to fly into DC on Sunday evening instead of driving 1200 miles in the Mariner, don't want to take a chance with winter weather with the MM. I'll then fly up to Phila on Friday evening and visit with the parents and friends for a few days. Who knows, maybe I'll track down TheDealer also.

jabird56
01-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Just bringing this back to remind the CAM'rs that I'm still inbound next week to DC. Will be arriving Sunday evening and will be flying up to Philiadelphia Saturday morning the 13th.
Still looking forward to the Chart House Monday the 8th at 6:30PM.
Bluemarauder, I'll PM you with my cell phone number.

Jay
From the Heartland

Bigdogjim
01-02-2007, 07:55 AM
UPDATE: I have decided to fly into DC on Sunday evening instead of driving 1200 miles in the Mariner, don't want to take a chance with winter weather with the MM. I'll then fly up to Phila on Friday evening and visit with the parents and friends for a few days. Who knows, maybe I'll track down TheDealer also.

If your in town (Phila) this weekend give me a call at 609.672.6809. I would be happy to show you around Phila. and we can stop at Ray's place, Northeast L&M

Bluerauder
01-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Still looking forward to the Chart House Monday the 8th at 6:30PM.
Bluemarauder, I'll PM you with my cell phone number.

Jay
From the Heartland
OK. I am still in for this. Anyone else in CAMland gonna make it??

jabird56
01-02-2007, 05:28 PM
If your in town (Phila) this weekend give me a call at 609.672.6809. I would be happy to show you around Phila. and we can stop at Ray's place, Northeast L&M

I'll be over in Mt Holly the 13th through the 18th; maybe we can hook up somewhere.

merc6
01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I might be up for something - will keep an eye on this!
ditto. I'm near the ww bridge. Gotta see if I'm off work when you plan it.

Joe Walsh
01-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Monday night is not looking good for me...I've got a meeting after work at our main office in Owings Mills, Md.
Owing Mills is 15 miles northwest of Baltimore.
The meeting will start at 5:00 PM....:(
Drive time is @ 1-1/2 hours depending on traffic.

Haggis
01-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Monday is not good for Chris and I. She gets off of work at 6pm and we have the local car club meeting at 6:30pm.

jabird56
01-03-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm up for an alternate evening (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) that's better for the CAM'r masses, let me know.

High-C
01-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I wish I could make it... Oh how I miss the old wooden bar at Chadwicks...:beer:

Haggis
01-04-2007, 04:14 AM
I'm up for an alternate evening (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) that's better for the CAM'r masses, let me know.

Ok, what other night is good for everyone else. Hurry up time is running short.

merc6
01-04-2007, 05:53 AM
sat sun and mon are my days off.

Bluerauder
01-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Ok, what other night is good for everyone else. Hurry up time is running short.

Has the night for this been moved? :dunno: Should I still show up on Monday? :confused:

Breadfan
01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately Monday may not be OK for me, Tues/Wed should be fine. If it changes I'll be there, if not I may not be able to make it.

Something things never work out :(

jabird56
01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Well, we're going to have to stay with meeting up with Bluemarauder on Monday night. Same place and time; The Chart House in Old Town at 6:30PM. Hope some other CAM'rs can make it.

Jay

Bluerauder
01-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Well, we're going to have to stay with meeting up with Bluemarauder on Monday night. Same place and time; The Chart House in Old Town at 6:30PM. Hope some other CAM'rs can make it.

Jay
I'll be there. :D Who else is in?? :dunno:

jabird56
01-07-2007, 11:41 AM
To other CAM'rs I am available for dinner somewhere on Wednesday night also. Think about it, I'll be on my labtop at the hotel.

SWOOSH
01-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Wish I could be there, have fun.

N40GL
01-07-2007, 06:38 PM
As the title says -- I have a meeting at the Loudoun County Sheriff's office Monday at 6:00-7:30 (I'm an Auxiliary Deputy). I'd be happy to drive down after that, if anyone is still going to be there. Please let me know (PM appreciated). Chart House is at the end of King, right?

Mark

Bluerauder
01-08-2007, 08:24 AM
As the title says -- I have a meeting at the Loudoun County Sheriff's office Monday at 6:00-7:30 (I'm an Auxiliary Deputy). I'd be happy to drive down after that, if anyone is still going to be there. Please let me know (PM appreciated). Chart House is at the end of King, right?

Mark

Come on down Mark. I'll be meeting Jay at 6:30 PM at the Chart House. It's actually at the end of Cameron Street. But the parking is at the end of King Street. Will send you a PM.

The Chart House, One Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA (703) 684-5080 for dinner. Nice view. Great location. Good food.

Link here >>>> http://www.chart-house.com/loc-alexandria.html

There's a parking lot at the end of King Street near the river (about 400 feet from the Chart House). Another lot is at the end of Prince Street (about 3 blocks away). There are some other smaller lots in the area. Worst case is to park on the street along Union Street. I have done all three in the past.

Breadfan
01-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Charlie feel free to PM me any details you can. We have a system upgrade activity planned for tonight and I'm not sure when we'll finish. If I can, I'll come up!

jabird56
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Well, Bluerauder, Breadfan, Breadfan's friend Steve, and I had a great evening eating and talking about things at the Chart House. Stories, good food, and a great car to talk about,....what else is there? To all, I had a great time.

BIGJOGJIM, I have your number I'll try calling to set something up while I'm in South Jersey next week.

To the CAM, I am tentatively scheduled to be back out here the week of 18 FEB. Maybe we can try again.

Breadfan
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Had a great time! Was one of the few times we get to have a mini-Marauder meet on a Monday night. :)

Was nice meeting Jay, and a good dinner with him, Charlie (Bluerauder), myself, and my roommate who although a Corvette owner has taken some good pics on Drag Days for us so we let him tag along as we gave Jay the CAM-welcome. ;)

Here's a few pics, from the left to right, Jay(Jabird56), Mike(Breadfan), Charlie(Bluerauder):

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/misc2/100_0744001.jpg

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/misc2/100_0745002.jpg

Bluerauder
01-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, Bluerauder, Breadfan, Breadfan's friend Steve, and I had a great evening eating and talking about things at the Chart House. Stories, good food, and a great car to talk about,....what else is there? To all, I had a great time.
Jay,

It was great to finally meet you while you were here in town. You are welcome to join CAM at any of our gatherings. Was a very nice evening out to gather with folks who really appreciate the Marauder.

Got a call from Mark/N40GL while headed down I-95 after dropping you off. Seems his meeting ran late and he sends his regrets.

Thanks to Mike and Steve for remembering to bring the camera to the CAM Mini-Meet and catching the "traditional" hood opening and closing in the parking garage. :D

Joe Walsh
01-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry I could not make it down to Alexandria tonight...:o

I'd like to try and reschedule for week of February 18th if possible.