PDA

View Full Version : FIT/ProCharger tuning privileges

HwyCruiser
12-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I just received an update to the FIT tune yesterday from Greg's Diablo dealer, Dave at Injected Racing. Dave's the guy that custom programs and ships out the Diablo Predator handheld programmer specific to a new FIT/ProCharger owner's car. Since he's fairly local to me, I had Dave dial in my MAF transfer function on the dyno summer '05 and program more aggressive shift schedules at his speed shop this past summer. I can tell you from my personal experience he is a pretty sharp guy. He definitely knows his way around Diablo's Revolution software.

Anyway, MarauderJack tipped me off to a modification they had worked out on the EGR function to solve some surging under low boost, so I requested the same adjustment to my custom tune to see what improvements were made. From what I understand, the maximum load where the EGR is allowed to operate was lowered a bit to ensure the intake is still in a strong vacuum. Although I hadn't noticed any surging issues like Jack described before switching tunes, I've noticed the part throttle / low boost acceleration is nicely improved afterwards. A fairly minor change, but something that might improve the driving experience on any FIT/ProCharger car.

This tuning adjustment service is something I think Greg doesn't emphasize enough, but Dave support comes with the kit regarding the tunes he sends out. Dave can also customize other aspects of the tune, that aren't accessible through the Predator such as part throttle shift points, etc., to a specific owner's preferences via email. Greg's told me that many of the changes made by Diablo HQ and owner feedback from the field since introducing the kit have been already incorporated into the new Predators he sends out.

If any of the more seasoned FIT/ProCharger owners are still running original tunes, you might think about trying out the latest tune and catch up with the improvements. :up:

Marauderjack
12-11-2006, 04:56 AM
I agree JD!!! Dave's "Da Man"!!!:beer:

I had a feeling my car was was allowing pressurized intake air to go to the left exhaust manifold via the EGR tube?? This was apparent since the exhaust tubing on that side was bluish in color while the passenger side was more golden!!:help:

The OEM EGR function cuts off at about 60% load and I think was allowing intake pressure into the exhaust during EGR valve modulation.....thus the surging??:cool:

Dave lowered the EGR cut off a bit and it is almost like adding 100 HP in the midrange!!!:banana:

We all continue to learn from experience and are very lucky to have a KNOWLEDGEABLE TUNER like Dave Lamberson on our "FIT" team!!!:beer:

Thanks Dave!!:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

maraudernkc
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
JD, good point and I don't say enough about it. When you but a F.I.T. kit you get unlimited tuning for the entire time you own your car. It really is a nice benefit to have.

Marauderjack
12-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Another point about future tuning changes!! You WILL experience "drivabilty quirks" as you become familiar with your new power!!:help:

All you need to do is call or email Dave and you will get a modified tune ASAP if you have a DiabloSport Tuner.....If you have a chip, I guess you need to send it to him.....Not as easy but certainly works!!:beer:

I have made changes to TC locking and shift points to include a tune similar to "Lidio's Tune" with the TC locking in 4th only at about 50 MPH.....Really nice but Dave's trans tune is better overall and locks in 3rd at 40MPH (OD OFF) and 4th at 45MPH. Downshifts from 4th or 3rd UNLOCK the TC before the downshift!!:beer:

I cannot say enough about how helpful Greg and Dave have been during my "ADVENTURES UNDER PRESSURE".......Hey, that would be a cool book title!!:D

Thanks Guys!!

Marauderjack:burnout: :burnout: