PDA

View Full Version : trunk light

hmill008
12-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey all just a quick ? i,m having a problem getting my trunk light to work, had it tested to no avail not getting any fire.do anyone know where i can find a wire diagram for the trunk.any help is welcome thanks in advance.:cool:

Blackened300a
12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I had my trunk light flicker a few times or not light at all, I believe the 2 metal prongs that hold it in place, also ground the bulb, because right after I pulled it out to inspect the bulb, I bent them to hold it in stronger and its been working ever since.

magindat
12-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I had my trunk light flicker a few times or not light at all, I believe the 2 metal prongs that hold it in place, also ground the bulb, because right after I pulled it out to inspect the bulb, I bent them to hold it in stronger and its been working ever since.

no sir, the plug itself carries power and ground. The light will light even if completely out of the car, but still wired.

Check the bulb. Also get a multi meter and check the prongs for power and ground.

The wire runs up thru the third eye brake light and under the rear dash and down behind the back seat.

jgc61sr2002
12-24-2006, 12:27 PM
I was wondering if the light contained some sort of mercury switch to make the light go out when the trunk is closed.