PDA

View Full Version : CAM at DC Autoshow

Breadfan
12-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Last year there was a CAM meet at the Washington Auto Show. I suspect it will be back this year, same time and place. Anyone interested in going?

I actually missed last year...won't be doing that again, I'm going for sure. Not sure what day yet.

Any other CAM'ers want to go?

Bluerauder
12-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Last year there was a CAM meet at the Washington Auto Show. I suspect it will be back this year, same time and place. Anyone interested in going?

I actually missed last year...won't be doing that again, I'm going for sure. Not sure what day yet.

Any other CAM'ers want to go?
Washington Auto Show is 24-28 January 2007 this time. Here is a link to the activities/festivities >>>>> http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Saturday, 27 Jan or Sunday, 28 Jan might be the best time for a CAM try. In years past, the show was closer to the holiday period between Christmas and New Years. Seems that it has slipped some after the move to the new Convention center.

Breadfan
12-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Washington Auto Show is 24-28 January 2007 this time. Here is a link to the activities/festivities >>>>> http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Saturday, 27 Jan or Sunday, 28 Jan might be the best time for a CAM try. In years past, the show was closer to the holiday period between Christmas and New Years. Seems that it has slipped some after the move to the new Convention center.

Thanks for the update! I was going to check later to confirm the dates, I am used to it being right after Christmas through about the 2nd of January. I'll still be planning to go, if anyone is interested!

Bluerauder
12-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the update! I was going to check later to confirm the dates, I am used to it being right after Christmas through about the 2nd of January. I'll still be planning to go, if anyone is interested!

The link to the "Hot Displays" shows items still to be determined. Same with the events and activities. Guess they are still working with the vendors. Looks like Camp Jeep will be back again this year. Last year that was one of the hottest displays where folks could ride along in a Wrangler "Rubison", Jeep Commander, or grand Cherokee over a pretty impressive obstacle course. Diamler-Chrysler also had a pretty impressive display with the new Challenger and LEO versions of the Charger and the Magnum.

I will probably go again this year......... let's see who else is up for this.

MMaxVA
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM
i might like to go. never been to a CAM meeeting before. didn't know that Capital area had a club. let me know when and where. thanks. max

jgc61sr2002
12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Max - Welcome aboard.:D :welcome1:

MarauderMark
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
i might like to go. never been to a CAM meeeting before. didn't know that Capital area had a club. let me know when and where. thanks. max

Well Max :welcome: aboard budd:up:Never been to a Cam meet boy you sure don't know what your missin. Great people , Great cars come have fun.:burn:

Mike:: Don't know yet and won't know for sure until it gets closer.:coolman:

MMaxVA
12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
thanks for the welcome, guys

FreddieH
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM

Hello and Welcome Aboard Max. I just recently attended my first meet and was unsure of what to expect, but was easily comforted by CAM members who made me feel right at home. So don't be skeeerd.

Haggis
12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the Collective, you will be assimilated. Resistance to moding is futile.

MyTMerc
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Welcome MMax. Great bunch of folks those CAM people. You'll enjoy your association with this fine group of car junkies.

I plan on going on the weekend either Saturday or Sunday. In past years I showed up at opening around 10 so I could get a close up view of the hot displays before the major crowds got there at 12-1pm. The folks attending will come to a general agreement a meeting time and place.

Much more going on with the group. Keep checking back.

Bluerauder
12-13-2006, 09:34 AM
And the Capital Area Marauders (CAM) has its own Forum, too !!! :D >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Check there periodically for any upcoming events. We try to get together at least once per month if possible. Come on down !!!

BTW --- Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net and the CAM area. :up:

merc
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Pam is looking for a new hot rod. She also wants a firesuit and helmet. :flamer: WTF is she up too these days. Which one of you been filling her mind with 105 unleaded. I heard something the other day about GNX or Challenger. Yes we are going to the car show.:rasta:

Haggis
12-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Pam is looking for a new hot rod. She also wants a firesuit and helmet. :flamer: WTF is she up too these days. Which one of you been filling her mind with 105 unleaded. I heard something the other day about GNX or Challenger. Yes we are going to the car show.:rasta:

Pssst....I think it was Chris, but don't tell her I told you. OK. :hide:

merc
12-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Pssst....I think it was Chris, but don't tell her I told you. OK. :hide:

I guess we will be looking for a bow next. :shake:

Bluerauder
12-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Pam is looking for a new hot rod. She also wants a firesuit and helmet. :flamer:
Good for her !!! :2thumbs: Looks like paybacks are still H3LL. She's been supporting your hobby for the past 3+ seasons. Now's your chance to shine as the other better half. ;) Could be worse, she could be looking at those useless sparkly things measured in carats -- that come with a high price tag and absolutely NO utility whatsoever. :D

Or it could be that she just read the Motortrend Car of the Year award for the 2007 Toyota Camry and found out that it is a 268 HP monster that does the quartermile in 14.5 seconds at 97 MPH. Maybe a "trade-in" coming. :rolleyes:

Breadfan
12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Or it could be that she just read the Motortrend Car of the Year award for the 2007 Toyota Camry and found out that it is a 268 HP monster that does the quartermile in 14.5 seconds at 97 MPH. Maybe a "trade-in" coming. :rolleyes:

Further proof that 268hp plastic cars are faster than 268hp metal cars!

MMaxVA
12-13-2006, 03:31 PM
yeah i just test drove that toyota with a friend, we are looking for his first car. It won "the most unremarkable ride ever" award.

Haggis
12-15-2006, 05:51 AM

Mark I will make Pam and you a good deal on a 1986 GN. ;)

merc
12-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Mark I will make Pam and you a good deal on a 1986 GN. ;)

We will talk more about it in the new year. Pam and I are coming over after christmas. I think she has her heart set on the new Challenger. It's time to look for a part-time job.

Haggis
12-15-2006, 08:22 AM
We will talk more about it in the new year. Pam and I are coming over after christmas. I think she has her heart set on the new Challenger. It's time to look for a part-time job.

But its a Dodge product. :puke: