PDA

View Full Version : In-Dash Nav for MM

MMaxVA
12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience trying to find the in-dash nav that fits MM? I'm trying to bump the ford factory radio for something decent, but for ex none of the pioneer units fit according to crutchfield. though i swear they look like they could. Does anyone know what might fit and who in the area could install it?
Thanks in advance.
Max.

bigslim
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
You have a PM.

bigslim
12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience trying to find the in-dash nav that fits MM? I'm trying to bump the ford factory radio for something decent, but for ex none of the pioneer units fit according to crutchfield. though i swear they look like they could. Does anyone know what might fit and who in the area could install it?
Thanks in advance.
Max.
There are a few Pioneer units that do indeed fit. I know of three guys that have them in their cars. One has a Nav, DVD and backup camera setup. BTW, the steering wheel controls still work.

N40GL
12-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Did you see my MM at the recent CAM meet in White Marsh? I have a Fujitsu Eclipse glass-screen head unit that nicely fills the whole space. AM/FM/CD/CD Changer/HD Radio/Sirius/MP3/DVD/NAV.

Mine's an older AVN 2454, but the new ones are the same size.

Remember: The hole in the dash behind the trim bezel is a double-DIN slot, although the bezel is a DIN-and-a-half. If you trim the bezel, you can get a double DIN head unit to fit.

magindat
12-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Pioneer AVIC D1.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/P0004663.JPG

Crutchfiled lies.

Rick-n-Miami
12-13-2006, 08:03 AM
I have the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 and it fits just fine. Message Lowell for more information.

ggt4
12-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I have an eclipse avn-5435 fits good...any DD(double din) unit will fit

MMaxVA
12-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Thank you everyone
I also got in touch with Lowell and he confirmed that most of the pioneer units fit. Now to find someone to install it....