PDA

View Full Version : Rear cat delete

Vortech347
12-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Seeing that no one makes a specific X-pipe or H-pipe for our cars using the stock manifolds I'm looking into deleting the 2 rear cats for a little more sound and maybe a few hp.

I would do mufflers but deleting the rear cats is cheaper, and should help the sound too without being to much.

Anyone done this? Is there an X or H pipe out there thats a bolt on or close to it with stock manifolds? I'm not ready to fork out a grand for headers and X-pipe yet. I'm also contemplating on getting a dr gas x-pipe kit and making my own... I built the one on my stang and it wasn't very hard...

bigmerc'03
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM
get the ford racing cobra headers about 350 and let an exhaust shop build u a system and to answer your question yes i did that first remove rear cats add flowmasters and added 2.5 pipes al the way back with deleted tips

magindat
12-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Matt,
I did the 2nd cat delete and had custom 2.5" ran to the mufflers (magnaflow). A 2.25" H pipe was also custom fabbed. Jake (J-man) said my car was the best sounding at Gainesville MVIV, but it's all a matter of opinion anyways. I like the H WAYYYYY better than the X for sound. TAF said HP difference was negligible.
Bottom line, I did 2nd cat and dropped from 18-14" magnaflows at the same time. I picked up some SOTP torque. YMMV.
Good luck!
Rich

Marylandrauder
01-12-2007, 10:09 PM
when you delete the cats and put higher flowing mufflers do you have to retune the computer, the reason I ask is because a guy I know who runs a muffler shop removed the mufflers on a customers crown vic and put straight pipes it shifted funny afterwards, he said the computer controls the transmission shifts, did you do a reinhart tune, any help would be appreciated.

Vortech347
01-14-2007, 09:52 AM
The cars shifting will be fine. :)

I've got a friend lined up to do the welding after I get my mustangs axle re-attached.

KillJoy
01-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Check this link out:

Used DR Exhaust $450 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=796&cat=13)

KillJoy

whoskal
01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I have entertained the idea of deleting the rear cats for some time now.