PDA

View Full Version : Mods for my Marauder exhaust intake etc.....

CantSeeMe
12-22-2006, 04:57 PM
I just got out the army and after 2 tours to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan
I finally purchase my first 03 Mercury Marauder
I'm pretty new to this game throughout highschool I was a die hard Honda guy I know I know....after owning my share of civics and integras and never being satisfied i finally switch over to the other sid.e
I'm posting this to see what basic mods I can do to my Marauder my first pirority is beefing up the exhaust making it sound like its a cobra engine. I just purchased a K&N intake 63 series for my car and I wanted to know what else i can do to increase the horses, a supercharger is out of the question because next year i plan on buying a Z06 and am not trying to throw too much money in the car but for the mean time i want my Marauder sounding and running nice
any advice would be much appriciated
THANKS

"Rangers Lead The Way"

RedMerc04
12-22-2006, 05:31 PM
First off, thank you for your service! As far as adding some power id start with a tune. You can buy a tune from either Reinhart automotive or Alternative auto. I have the alternative auto tune and I love it, (you cant go wrong with either tune). Id suggest 4.10 gears to help get you out of the hole and make better use of the high end power. As for exhaust you have two options for a full exhaust either kooks headers and x pipe or cobra manifolds and a x pipe. There are no cat back exhausts, you can either make your own or just do a muffler swap for more noise. Most go with flowmaster or magnaflow mufflers. If you do the mufflers with resonator delete tips from innovative interceptors you should be more than happy with the noise

03SILVERSTREAK
12-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Welcom Aboard sir. what^^^ he said is a good starting point...

jgc61sr2002
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Welcome Home and welcome aboard.:flag:

Marauder386
12-23-2006, 09:45 AM
To make it sound like a Cobra...also use the Ford Racing Performance DUAL MODE mufflers...these where on the Cobra...y'all seem to forget about these ... ( pulls everyones blinders off their heads ) ... :D

:cool:

CantSeeMe
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the replies and comments
I checked out the flowmasters and will keep everyone updated

K&N Intake
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636
Custom Cage
Akrapvic Exhaust

"Rangers Lead The Way"

pacammer
12-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Can't See Me,

Glad to see you on this board and thanks for your service. As a retired combat vet, I salute you. I was in Afganistan many years ago when the Soviets were there. Loved the Northern Alliance Guys particularly the Turkmen.

You will love the Maurauder. My suggestion is not to spend too much up front. Talk to folks on the board and find out their successes and failures then figure out what you want to do with the car. Drag strip, road courses, pleasure driving. Each share about 80% commonality in mods then branches into application specifics.

If you want to supercharge do not do the intake now. Wait until you selcect the type supercharger, positive displacement or centrifical. Each will have different intake mods available.

Exhaust should be done no matter what way you do. The Cooks headers give up a little low end torque but come on strong on the top end. The ported Cobra exhaust headers have both ends but gives a little on the top.

If you are going big HP and sound buy the Stainless works 3" total exhaust package. For most applications the 2.5" Cooks or Reinhardt is more than enough. The stainless works gives you a custom muffler or you can select a magnaflow, Borla, or others.

The suspension should be enhanced with new upper and lower rear control arms and a new watts link. Reinhardt is a good source. Changing the Front and/or Rear sway bars is application specific. Rear only for drag racing, front and rear for road courses and enhanced pleasure driving.

Total HP goals will determine the type of fuel pump, filter, line size, fuel rail type, and injector size you should use.

There are many guys in this forum that can help you.

Once again, glad to hear your back. I hope you came out OK.

Pacammer
Cpt. Ski (Ret)

Marylandrauder
01-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I enjoyed your reply about exhaust systems, I was planning on the cobra exhaust system or random technology converters and high flow mufflers, would you recomend one over the other, also in the stock manifold there are converters so the marauder has 4 of them are these converters just below the manifold restrictive, any help would be appreciated.

bigmerc'03
01-04-2007, 04:44 PM
yes they are as a matter of fact the whole factory exhaust is restrictive replace the whole thing high flow cats 2 1/2 inch pipes flow masters mufflers and a sets of headers!