PDA

View Full Version : Jasons Auto Spa

MarauderTJA
12-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, check out Jasons thread on "Come to you." I am trying to get 10 Marauders that are interested in our cars being detailed by one of the best right here in Florida. Check out his website. I am going with a Stage IV if we can get him here from Illinois. He would have to have the cars schedueld in order and help him out with lodging. Anyone interested?

MarauderMarc
12-28-2006, 03:37 AM
Ive already said Id do a stage IV. So we need 8 more.

MarauderTJA
12-28-2006, 07:56 AM
I believe he had six cars from Florida already commited. Withme that makes seven. So we need only three more.

Psychopsilo420
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
count me in stage IV

the_pack_rat
12-28-2006, 03:24 PM
I guess it all depends upon when he might be here.

All (5) of my vehicles don't really need attention. Mainly the outside of the Town Car & Dakota is what could really use a lil' extra time put into them.

I also treated myself to a Porter Cable 7424 & a bunch of pads for Xmas.

I already started to clay the hood on the Town Car ... but I'm NO where near done with the hood even, let alone the rest of it. @$#%^% overspray from some moron painting a car out in the WIDE OPEN AIR where Suzi worked ..... like (2) cars over from where she was parked.

:mad2:

I'm finding the claying to be quite time intensive ... NOT a big fan.

There's a lot of swirls in there as well that need to be worked out as well.

The Dakota - could use a claybar treatment and mild paint cleaner/swirl remover before a final coat of wax or polish. However ... I need to make up my mind on whether or not to fix the creases in the LF fender & have the topper painted. I see no point in going crazy with it ... if it's only going to end up with overspray &/or a few new swirls from a visit to the bodyshop & be in need of the claybar & a swirl remover all over again.

Again ... I guess it boils down to when he would be here ... & how much time & energy I have or don't have in the near future.

If I'm gonna go all out on them myself, it's gonna be soon ... while the heat & humidity is tolerable here.

MarauderTJA
12-29-2006, 07:53 AM
I hear ya Eric. Claying is a pain the results are worth it. But I need to have pro like Jason do a complete make over of my Marauder. It is due. I hope we can get it arranged with him in the early spring.

Hotrauder
12-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Tom, I told Jason long ago that I want him to do the FruitPunch. Put me down for a stage IV w/engine detailing if he can make it down. thanks Dennis

MarauderTJA
12-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Tom, I told Jason long ago that I want him to do the FruitPunch. Put me down for a stage IV w/engine detailing if he can make it down. thanks Dennis

He already had you on the list:) .

Rider90
12-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I guess it all depends upon when he might be here.

All (5) of my vehicles don't really need attention. Mainly the outside of the Town Car & Dakota is what could really use a lil' extra time put into them.

I also treated myself to a Porter Cable 7424 & a bunch of pads for Xmas.

I already started to clay the hood on the Town Car ... but I'm NO where near done with the hood even, let alone the rest of it. @$#%^% overspray from some moron painting a car out in the WIDE OPEN AIR where Suzi worked ..... like (2) cars over from where she was parked.

:mad2:

I'm finding the claying to be quite time intensive ... NOT a big fan.

There's a lot of swirls in there as well that need to be worked out as well.

The Dakota - could use a claybar treatment and mild paint cleaner/swirl remover before a final coat of wax or polish. However ... I need to make up my mind on whether or not to fix the creases in the LF fender & have the topper painted. I see no point in going crazy with it ... if it's only going to end up with overspray &/or a few new swirls from a visit to the bodyshop & be in need of the claybar & a swirl remover all over again.

Again ... I guess it boils down to when he would be here ... & how much time & energy I have or don't have in the near future.

If I'm gonna go all out on them myself, it's gonna be soon ... while the heat & humidity is tolerable here.
I put you down for two, is that okay? Is it one for now?

the_pack_rat
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
I put you down for two, is that okay? Is it one for now?

Hard to say ...

Any idea when you might be coming down ?.

It all depends upon that & my free time/energy level.

With the cooler weather here I might get the spontaneity to do the Town Car myself.

If I knew you were coming down soon ... I'd probably just throw a quickie coat of wax on & play with the new Porter Cable some more.

Rider90
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Hard to say ...

Any idea when you might be coming down ?.

It all depends upon that & my free time/energy level.

With the cooler weather here I might get the spontaneity to do the Town Car myself.

If I knew you were coming down soon ... I'd probably just throw a quickie coat of wax on & play with the new Porter Cable some more.

I honestly do not know when I will be in Florida, it mainly depends the amount of requests I recieve to work in Florida. I put you down for one vehicle since neither of us really know how many as of yet, because of the date situation.

Thanks

MarauderMarc
02-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Any updates on this???

magindat
02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
While I appreciate the work, a super-detail is a waste of $ for me in my life. It just wouldn't last long as much as I drive.

However, Jason, you have a free place to stay and a free meal if you need it. Just holler!

Rich

Rider90
02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Any updates on this???
Marc, working out the fine details. Overhead is killing me, I think I've said that before. In all honesty, and it's a shunt to my business in a sense, it is not practical to travel and only be able to put out one car per day. If I could increase it to two, without sacrificing quality, we'd be rolling. I'm working on some new ways to reduce time spent such as a foamer (Verses bucket) and some higher quality waxes. Stage III may have to be modified to use less time but create a better end result, through the use of different products.

I also did not get too many responses when I sent out those PMs awhile back confirming interest. Off the top of my head I cannot remember if it was mainly the FL guys that did not respond or what, but overall I probably got 60% confirmed when in reality, we're all aiming for 100% because at 100% we're cutting it close as-is.

I will let you guys know the plan, in the mean time, it would certainly help if I could get addresses. I know I said towns earlier, but around me towns aren't very large. Looking at Florida I see some are pretty large, and there is a considerable amount of driving between the two. So if anyone is interested, please PM me your address, or the closest major intersection if you do not want to give that out.

Thanks guys!

Rider90
02-09-2007, 10:12 AM
While I appreciate the work, a super-detail is a waste of $ for me in my life. It just wouldn't last long as much as I drive.

However, Jason, you have a free place to stay and a free meal if you need it. Just holler!

Rich
Thank you Rich! If you have a minute, drop me a PM with your address or closest major intersection so I can route your location in if I need to spend the night. Thanks!

MaLo03
02-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I hate cleaning my car and hardly drive it so I can appriciate a good detail. count me in.

TAKEDOWN
05-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I know Jason Auto Spa is located in Lake Zurich, IL...but does he also have another shop in Palos Park, IL? Visited web site, mentions Palos, but not sure if he rented some area to do some work or if it's a second shop in IL?

Zack
05-14-2008, 05:07 AM
I know Jason Auto Spa is located in Lake Zurich, IL...but does he also have another shop in Palos Park, IL? Visited web site, mentions Palos, but not sure if he rented some area to do some work or if it's a second shop in IL?

Ask him!
Just respond to his for sale thread and Im sure he will come out from behind the curtain.
:rofl: