PDA

View Full Version : Recent wind storms

teamrope
12-30-2006, 11:14 PM
This last 30 days has been a real pain starting with the first wind storm the end of November.
To top that off we were without power for 4 days from the storm that did most of this:

http://home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/bathrooms.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/gen.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/street.gif

So far I have picked up and burned 36 truckloads of debris from our park.
You can barely see my truck behind this pile of debris in the street in the bottom photo.

ckadiddle
12-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Dude, you sure you're not in Florida? ;)

sailsmen
12-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Sorry to see the dmg to the bldg. I cannot get over how green it is.

W/S are good, they thin out the trees and fell the diseased ones.

A Nature Preserve runs across my fenced back yard and there is a large pile of trees that fell from the Hurricanes, some I think they pushed off my lot.

I would like to cut it up or some have said toburn it. Several of the trees are almost too big for my chain saw. It is about 100' past my house and 10' lower. Any suggestions?

Ryans PI
12-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear, BJ and Linda. Did the house get damaged? How 'bout the MMs? If you need any help with anything, let us know.

teamrope
12-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear, BJ and Linda. Did the house get damaged? How 'bout the MMs? If you need any help with anything, let us know.

Had to relace 1/2 of the shingles on the roof. HO Ins covered that, Both cars have scratches from flying Shingles, plus mine took a hit from a limb. Ins says 2k in damage. Thanks for the offer.

geo815
01-01-2007, 12:35 AM
OK, I'll guess I'll stop complaining about the 30+ inches of snow I just shoveled off my driveway.

BruteForce
01-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Had to relace 1/2 of the shingles on the roof. HO Ins covered that, Both cars have scratches from flying Shingles, plus mine took a hit from a limb. Ins says 2k in damage. Thanks for the offer.

THAT plain sucks. :mad2:

PS. If you need help I am willing to come down and supervise. :D

Bigdogjim
01-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Good luck with the clean up.
Sounds like it's under control.

Marauderjack
01-01-2007, 07:48 AM
One thing you wouldn't think of is the overpowering smell of fresh pine......After Hurricane Hugo it was amazing how fresh the Charleston area smelled and what a DISSASTER AREA it really was!!:eek: :shake: Some of my friends didn't have running water or power for over a MONTH!!:shake:

Sorry for your problems but just be thankful you don't get Hurricanes out yonder!!:bows:

Good Luck & Happy New Year!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

teamrope
01-01-2007, 10:52 AM
THAT plain sucks. :mad2:

PS. If you need help I am willing to come down and supervise. :D

Well I can always use comments from the peanut gallery. Makes the time go quicker and the burden lighter. :)

teamrope
01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Good luck with the clean up.
Sounds like it's under control.

Sort of... Remember it's me doing the work though.... :lol:

teamrope
01-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry to see the dmg to the bldg. I cannot get over how green it is.

W/S are good, they thin out the trees and fell the diseased ones.

A Nature Preserve runs across my fenced back yard and there is a large pile of trees that fell from the Hurricanes, some I think they pushed off my lot.

I would like to cut it up or some have said toburn it. Several of the trees are almost too big for my chain saw. It is about 100' past my house and 10' lower. Any suggestions?

Cut up for firewood and burn the brush.

A98CVLX
01-04-2007, 03:28 PM
It was un live able those 4 days, I went to live in Lakewood, Nice and Warm! :)