PDA

View Full Version : These are the brakes...

SWOOSH
01-03-2007, 11:35 AM
I am in the market for rotors. My vehicle is complete stock, some of my future modifications will be 4.10 gears, tuned, cold air kit and underdrive pulleys. First of all, what kind of rotors should I buy (brand and type) and has anyone dealth with Every Last Detail in Millersville. I am in the Laurel, MD area, where else could I go to have this work done? Thanks.

fastblackmerc
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Might want to check with Dennis Reinhart, he has some sweet stock EBC brakes & rotors. If your looking to go bigger, check out the vendors for TCE.

Meteorite
01-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I highly recommend the EBC brakes. (Dennis Reinhart sells them.)

I installed them myself on all four corners, and have had zero negative issues with them.

There is a thread about the EBC brakes over here (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24337).

magindat
01-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I used decella from Baer, but that was before DR had the EBC stock replacements. I'm very happy with the baer. You can get them from autozone.

ckadiddle
01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I currently have Hawk HPS pads with stock rotors. My brake guy was having trouble getting EBC pads from his supplier so we went with Hawk to avoid further delay.
http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php
Noticeable improvement over stock pads when the OEMs needed replacing. I was having an intermittent squeak problem late this year after months of quiet operation, but drag racing at Gainesville during MVIV seems to have completely cured it. :) Back to back multiple runs got brakes very hot, they squealed a good bit while hot but did NOT lose any braking ability. I was running down the track as fast as I could loop back around from finish back to starting line. Once they cooled off, not a single peep from the brakes since that day. My crackpot theory is that our normal city driving does not use the brakes hard enough.

MarauderMark
01-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Baer and Kvr and also The wilwoods(my fav)TCE look great and aggressive.Also get stainless steel line while your there.

magindat
01-04-2007, 06:58 AM
My crackpot theory is that our normal city driving does not use the brakes hard enough.

You'd be right!

Also get stainless steel line while your there.

Oh yes. They make a terrific difference in feel and control!

ctrlraven
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I am in the Laurel, MD area Where in Laurel because I live right in Jessup off Route 1?

SWOOSH
01-05-2007, 05:46 AM
95 and 198

ctrlraven
01-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Wow didn't know I was that close to someone else. What color is yours?

SWOOSH
01-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Silver Birch, dark interior and its an '04 (50,000 miles ouch) Had to have it though. It had 40K when I bought it in June. Hard to resist driving it I must admit!

ctrlraven
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
That's really funny, mine is the same color combo and year. Bought it with 40K in Dec '05 and it has almost 64K on her now. I never resist driving it as you can tell 24k miles have been put on in 13 months lol.

SWOOSH
01-07-2007, 04:56 PM
The funny thing is, i have a Mustang also (91 though), it keeps the miles off the Marauder.