PDA

View Full Version : Meet at HiTech Motorsports Grand Opening

HookedOnCV
01-03-2007, 09:01 PM
There are a few Crown Vic owners planning on attending the grand opening at HiTech Motorsports new facility in Elk River later this month. If there isn't too much of a wait, dyno pulls are $25 from 10am to 4pm.

I think it would be great if any of the local Marauder owners could make it to this for a mini-meet there, or we could decide to go elsewhere if it is too busy. I was at their old place a couple of years ago for a dyno pull, and would like to get another soon.

If this doesn't work out, I know another place out in the western 'burbs that we could have a meet and a chance to put our cars on the dyno if you want.

Here is a copy of the email I received anouncing HiTech Motorsports open house...

As most of you know, we are moving in to our new 16,000 sq. ft. facility the weekend of December 16th and 17th. Our goal is to be a "one stop shop" for your performance automotive needs in the Twin Cities. We went all out and patterned the shop after top Nascar race team facilities. Our new shop is on Hwy 10, 8/10" of a mile south of 101 in Elk River.

We are having an open house on Saturday, January 20th, 2007 from 10-4. There will be free food and beverages, $25 dyno runs, open house parts and apparel specials and all the performance car talk you can stand!

The new shop includes:

+ In ground chassis dyno: with 8ft glass viewing window and remote color screens.

+ Engine dyno facility with glass viewing windows: Also, the dyno room is set up with enough area for full exhaust system testing. The engine dyno is set up to custom tune your fuel injected Ford, Chevy or Mopar with your own computer. We have accumulated all the wiring harness's so we can tune your engine and ship it anywhere in the world with a performance program in it. You just put the engine in the car and turn the key.

+ Full machine shop: with capabilities of machining all the latest fuel injected blocks in house. Consequently, there is no off site delay in getting your engine assembled and back in your car.

+ 1000 sq feet of parts sales area and customer lounge: We have over $100,000 worth of parts in stock. We are specializing in fuel injected performance parts for your LS-1,LS-2 and Ford Modular engines. We also are installing direct feed video cams from both the chassis dyno and the engine dyno so you can watch the action from a comfy couch. To make sure your parts needs are taken care of we have hired a full time parts manager.

+ 1000 sq feet of assembly clean room with 3 viewing windows: Now you can watch our technicians assemble your engine or transmission while you check out the chassis dyno, the engine dyno, car sales area or the service area.

+ Enclosed disassembly area: When blocks and heads come in they are put in this sealed area to be taken apart and cleaned in our jet wash. When the parts come out they are clean and ready to be machined.

+ Enclosed porting area with vacuum system: Porting cylinder heads is a messy job and the only way to keep things clean is to separate and seal a room and then use a commercial vacuum system to keep the porting area air filtered and clean.

+ 5000 sq feet of hoist service area: We are installing 5 hoists and have room to work on 4 other cars on the ground. With 20 ft high white ceilings, white walls, Epoxy white floors and twenty three 400 watt lighting fixtures the service area is twice as bright as an average office. Also, we are installing Fiberglass Reinforced Panels 8 ft high around the bottom walls of the hoist area for easy cleanup and protection from damage.

+ 5000 sq feet of consignment car sales area: If you want to sell your hot rod or if you are looking for a new ride, this is the place. We will have over 30 cars for sale and a library of other cars off site that are available. This area is open for sales and viewing 6 days a week. It also has white epoxy floors, white walls and white ceilings. Memorabilia is for sale on the walls and is a great place to bring the kids to see what classic muscle cars are like. We have in house financing and insurance available.

+New upgraded website: with 400,000 parts available and direct web cam feeds from the engine and chassis dyno area so you can watch the action from your desk at work or at home. We will also have archive footage available so you can check out what happened while you were away.

As you can see, we are excited about making the new Hitech Motorsport "THE" performance shop in the Twin Cities. We are anxious to make the move so we can serve you better and more efficiently. So to celebrate our new facility we are making you, our customers, a few special offers.

+ Gift certificates: These gift certificates are good for one year from date of purchase. Any denomination is available. IF YOU PURCHASE THEM BEFORE 1-1 2007 WE WILL GIVE YOU A 5% DISCOUNT. If you are going to have work done at Hitech in the next year you may as well take advantage of the savings. (does not apply to car sales)

+ Early bird service special: Get your work done at Hitech from now until March 1st 2007 and get a 5% discount on all work and parts (does not apply to car sales)

+ Early bird dyno baseline special: Now until March 1st Get 2 baseline runs with color printouts for $60. (regular price $75)

We thank all of you for your patronage and look forward to anotherr year of making your cars faster and your dreams a reality. Now that we have our new facility with more room and can do every thing in house, we will be able to accommodate everyone in a more timely fashion, even during the hectic race season. Don't forget about our dyno days when we have entire days devoted to a car club or group of guys just looking for some dyno time and a discount. Check out our upcoming events schedule on our website to get involved. If you want to have a club day, just give us a call to schedule.

The "NEW" HiTech Motorsport
16820 Hwy 10 NW
Elk River, MN 55330
763-712-9088

www.Hitechmotorsport.com

Hope to see some of you there if you can make it!

Todd

ckadiddle
01-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Wow...sounds like a zillion dollar facility. Wish I was closer, I'd love a tour.

Grifter
01-04-2007, 08:18 AM
their old shop was very nice. this new place should be even better.
I know the local mustang guys are going to make a big showing up there that weekend, so dyno time might be limited.

crouse
01-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, maybe we should try and plan our own event on a different date.

VNMUS
01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, maybe we should try and plan our own event on a different date.
Sounds like a plan.

superford3
01-05-2007, 08:56 PM
i used to be one of those mustang guys but i have moved upto marauder status and so far the trip has been alot more fun and more of a challenge ,i had my mustang worked on and tuned at hitech and had one of their custom cams in stalled ,my 347 stroker with afr heads and thier cam put down 377hp and 391 tq to the wheels and it ran perfect with the tune they did ,i never did get a chance to put it on the dyno when the 150 shot of spray was installed ,i would love to put the marauder on the dyno before serious mods are done to get a base line

HookedOnCV
01-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a plan.

Heres another thought if you guys don't like crowds or if we want to have a more exclusive dyno-time. There is another place "out west" that has a great deal...2 pulls with A/F for $50 on Saturdays.

There is a "corvette guy" that I work with that knows the owner there and said we could do a meet there sometime and have the dyno reserved if we want.

http://www.olsencorvette.com/Dyno.htm

Let me know what you guys think, and somebody pick a date...

Todd

93sc
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
i used to be one of those mustang guys but i have moved upto marauder status and so far the trip has been alot more fun and more of a challenge ,i had my mustang worked on and tuned at hitech and had one of their custom cams in stalled ,my 347 stroker with afr heads and thier cam put down 377hp and 391 tq to the wheels and it ran perfect with the tune they did ,i never did get a chance to put it on the dyno when the 150 shot of spray was installed ,i would love to put the marauder on the dyno before serious mods are done to get a base line

It would be cool to compare. I had been going up to their old shop and making a couple pulls after every change I made to the 03.

I Tried
01-09-2007, 08:06 AM
I plan on going to the open house at HiTech also with Napa Nick. Todd I have been to Olson corvette and he is a nice guy. The facility is not as nice as HiTech but you get to drive your car on the dyno. My friend Josh has the highest horsepower and torue so far there he made 757hp and 930 tq to the ground with a 150 shot on his car. My car is sleeping still so I will not have it. I will be driving the suv if you want to car pool let me know.

Tim

HookedOnCV
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Tim, I talked with Nick this weekend, and he mentioned you two were going.

I am working on finishing up the installation of my LC1 wideband controller so that I can datalog to my laptop if I do happen to get it on the dyno this weekend.

I would like to check out Olson sometime too. Sounds like a bit more low-key and a LOT closer to me.

I plan on driving my car up there right now, so I don't need a ride, but thanks anyway. I'll talk to you more this weekend at HiTech.

Todd

superford3
01-19-2007, 07:37 PM
i will be going too,i want to get the car on the dyno and get a base line before mods

I Tried
01-22-2007, 07:07 AM
So what did your guys cars make I had to leave before you both got to dyno.

Tim

superford3
01-23-2007, 01:48 PM
So what did your guys cars make I had to leave before you both got to dyno.

Tim239hp and 242tq