PDA

View Full Version : Kooks

Raudermaster
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I couldn't find my answer that I was looking for. There just a few basic questions. Will the Kooks headers bolt up to my stock exhaust piping? What color are they? I could have sworn I have seen them chrome, but their site says SS?

LVMarauder
01-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine are jet coated and look very shiny. but more like polished aluminum shiny than chrome. They are SS material though. As for bolting straight up no they wont, you need custom cats or to hack the OEMS up and put them togehter without the bends from the factory. This is why most people just do the full custom system , you might as well do x or h pipe improvements with 2.5" piping while you are at it.

O's Fan Rich
01-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I couldn't find my answer that I was looking for. There just a few basic questions. Will the Kooks headers bolt up to my stock exhaust piping? What color are they? I could have sworn I have seen them chrome, but their site says SS?

Will the Kooks headers bolt up to my stock exhaust piping?

Heck no, they are long tube headers, compare the outlet to your manifold outlet. You'll need to get some pipes made. And recall where your Cats are? Those will neeed attention.

I could have sworn I have seen them chrome, but their site says SS?

You more than likely saw the ceramic coated ones.

Dennis Reinhart
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Mine are jet coated and look very shiny. but more like polished aluminum shiny than chrome. They are SS material though. As for bolting straight up no they wont, you need custom cats or to hack the OEMS up and put them togehter without the bends from the factory. This is why most people just do the full custom system , you might as well do x or h pipe improvements with 2.5" piping while you are at it.

I am sorry to say you are wrong, they will bolt up if you have the adaptes made and its very easy I have this exact setup on my car, I will see if I can get some pics for you

importsstillsuc
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
quick question...besides the tail lights and headlights and grill, there is no difference between a 97 and a 98-present mercury fullsize, correct? if this is the case, the exhaust shop told me he wouldnt be able to do 2.5 inch exhaust but he could do 2.25 because of the tight bend over the axle...is this true or should i go else where?

magindat
01-06-2007, 10:11 AM
quick question...besides the tail lights and headlights and grill, there is no difference between a 97 and a 98-present mercury fullsize, correct? if this is the case, the exhaust shop told me he wouldnt be able to do 2.5 inch exhaust but he could do 2.25 because of the tight bend over the axle...is this true or should i go else where?

Todd's done 3" over the axle and my guy wasn't scared of 2.5".

O's Fan Rich
01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Todd's done 3" over the axle and my guy wasn't scared of 2.5".

Yeah, those 3" pipes, mandrel bent, no kinks are SaWWEEEEEEETTT!

FordNut
01-06-2007, 03:13 PM
It's really not difficult to connect the Kooks to the OEM exhaust at the flanges. Just two high flow cats, two 3-bolt header flanges, and two 2-bolt exhaust flanges. As a matter of fact, I have an extra pair from when I upgraded to bigger cats for the S/C. Make a reasonable offer!

importsstillsuc
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
alright cool, ill go find someone who'll do 2.5 exhaust without gettin scared...thanks for the input