PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Mich and No. Indiana members

Pops
01-06-2007, 08:19 AM
I would like to see if we could start some get togethers going on over here. Ilive in South Haven and think it would be great to meet you guys who live around here. Can anyone come up with a good meeting place or we could meet here as there are some good places downtown.

John:beer:

jdando
01-06-2007, 09:51 AM
How about http://www.gingermanraceway.com/ ?

It is on my short list of tracks for this year.

jeremy

Pops
01-06-2007, 10:53 AM
How about http://www.gingermanraceway.com/ ?

It is on my short list of tracks for this year.

jeremy

Gingerman is 10 minutes from South Haven. I will check on rulesout there. You used to be able to run around the track for $25. It could be a lot oy fun. Martin has a dragstrip US 131 Raceway and it is 45 minutes away.

Hack Goby
01-06-2007, 01:44 PM
John I see on 7/7/07 South Haven is having a big car show.Might be a good time to get some Marauders together.GingerMan looks cool also.

Hack Goby
01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.southhavenmi.com/index.shtml Damn John the more I look at your town the better it looks as a possible spot for Marauderville V,They have a Hamton Inn,GingerMan road course,Martin dragway,Winery`s great restaurants,Fishing charters.Damn.

MERCMAN
01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
+1 :)

When the warm weather arrives, perhaps Michigan Cty In. might be considered. Shopping for the ladies, gambling boats, nice beaches. Just a thought. It would be close enough for people in the tri-state area to make an appearance!

Pops
01-07-2007, 09:36 AM
http://www.southhavenmi.com/index.shtml Damn John the more I look at your town the better it looks as a possible spot for Marauderville V,They have a Hamton Inn,GingerMan road course,Martin dragway,Winery`s great restaurants,Fishing charters.Damn.
South Haven would be a great point to run this event fromas Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Michigan City are Within one hour. Detroit is 200 miles Chicago 100. Sept is great here. I also am President of the Chamber of Comm. here. The town would welcome this oppertunity. PM me with your phone # Paul and lets talk.

Hack Goby
01-08-2007, 04:55 AM
PM Sent John

kirk
01-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I would like to meet with folks on this side of the state. Detroit is just a bit far for frequet trips.

Hack Goby
01-09-2007, 06:24 AM
I would like to meet with folks on this side of the state. Detroit is just a bit far for frequet trips.
Kirk,Look for at least one maybe two events out your way this year.Any input from you would be welcome.

Pops
01-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Kirk,Look for at least one maybe two events out your way this year.Any input from you would be welcome.

Kalamazoo Grand Rapids would also be good places to meet. We could try for a winter get together if you want. Post up if you would like us to set a time and date!

Hack Goby
01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Kalamazoo Grand Rapids would also be good places to meet. We could try for a winter get together if you want. Post up if you would like us to set a time and date!
John,Kirk,Im a Mt.Clemens guy,any ideas?I beleve Marauder owner "Greek God" lives around there also.Im open for a long day trip,Maybe an overnighter, or what ever.Louisville is in late March.Maybe invite the Panther platform people also.

Pops
01-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Paul IAm going to be in Midland this weekend, is there a chance you can come up that direction? The wife is in a hockey tournament with her womens team [Dont mess with women carrying big sticks]We will be there Friday afternoon and leave Sunday.
Greek God lives in Grand Rapids and getting the Panthers iinvoled is a good idea. Anybody else interested?

Hack Goby
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Paul IAm going to be in Midland this weekend, is there a chance you can come up that direction? The wife is in a hockey tournament with her womens team [Dont mess with women carrying big sticks]We will be there Friday afternoon and leave Sunday.
Greek God lives in Grand Rapids and getting the Panthers iinvoled is a good idea. Anybody else interested?I will see what I can do.I can pick up my girlfriend on the way(Davison)and Lowell lives in Saginaw.I would say a good maybe.

kirk
01-09-2007, 12:52 PM
The Gilmore Car Museum does a cruise night every Wednesday from 6-9 in the summer. It would be a great central location for us to meet when the weather gets good again.

Tyrone Minto
01-10-2007, 04:59 AM
I will see what I can do.I can pick up my girlfriend on the way(Davison)and Lowell lives in Saginaw.I would say a good maybe.

HG:
I am in FLA now, but my family is all in Davison and my girlfriend and I live just north of there.
Lets talk later about a meet in Davison at the Davison Athletic and Country Club:coolman:

GreekGod
01-26-2007, 01:48 PM
...the Gilmore Car Museum, AKA the Red Barns @ Hickory Corners, is a world class auto museum. It should be on everyone's "to do" list. They have a display with thousands of hood ornaments, and one "barn" (climate controlled) filled with Dusenbergs and other old custom built cars, worth over $1 million each. This museum is equal to, or even better than the Henry Ford museum in Greenfield Village.

here is a link:

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/