PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for this Forum.

Eric91Z
01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for this Forum. I am one of the few, so it seems, from Iowa not only with a Marauder, but that is also on this forum. I hope we can get more on here. Unfortunately, every time I see another Marauder on the road around here we are always moving, and they are usually going the opposite direction. No change to card them.

Black_Noise
01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
what u said...

we need to get together some time,

at least we have this forum now for local things going on

im happy

Eric91Z
01-14-2007, 07:54 PM
what u said...

we need to get together some time,

at least we have this forum now for local things going on

im happy

Maybe we can meet up at one of the track days in Marshalltown some time. Even though I have had a set back with the car already this year which has changed some of my plans, I also plan on heading to Waterloo sometime this year to visit with John (TooManyFords - ProRauder) and have a friend of his do a gear install for me. Going to do the 4.10's and appropriate tune this year, new tires, and that will be about it. Then going to focus on saving up for a daily driver - finally.

lastdaze04
01-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi Eric
?Intresting? Track days at Marshalltown Iowa? I am origanally from Marshalltown. (I hate the cold moved to Texas) I did not know that Marshalltown had a track. I used to go to Nieta (spell chex) raceway in Waterloo with my 340 duster back in the early 80.s. If I missed something here please fill me in.
Rick
Sorry Did not mean to hijack y'alls thread.

Eric91Z
01-15-2007, 08:19 AM
There is a Go-Kart road course that also gets some cars on it. It is a fairly tight course that favors smaller cars, but I know at least one Marauder has been on it (not mine). It is just North of Highway 30 on the SouthEast side of Marshalltown:

http://www.jetkarting.com/

jabird56
01-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Duhtroll is also over there in Iowa in the vicinity of John. I'm a little to the West in the Omaha area. We should consider a spring meet somewhere for the Mid-west gang.

Eric91Z
01-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Duhtroll is also over there in Iowa in the vicinity of John. I'm a little to the West in the Omaha area. We should consider a spring meet somewhere for the Mid-west gang.

I would be up for that. You never see more than one Marauder at the same place at the same time around her.

ckadiddle
01-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for this Forum. I am one of the few, so it seems, from Iowa not only with a Marauder, but that is also on this forum. I hope we can get more on here. Unfortunately, every time I see another Marauder on the road around here we are always moving, and they are usually going the opposite direction. No change to card them.
I see we are going to have to teach you how to do a bootlegger turn. :D

Eric91Z
01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Those darn 4 foot high (or so) concrete center dividers on the interstate would problably hamper that move some... ;)

Black_Noise
01-15-2007, 11:53 PM
im live in marshalltown, i did the go kart auto cross last year, it was great!!

i have pics on my cardomain page ( http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2425701 )

i think a spring meet would be awsome!

i did opening day at cedar falls last year with 3 other marauders

it was april 15 last year, should be about the same time this year

eric, im in desmoines at least once every week or so, usuall in the marauder, but all i ever see is black ones

Eric91Z
01-16-2007, 06:46 AM
eric, im in desmoines at least once every week or so, usuall in the marauder,
but all i ever see is black ones

I work in Urbandale and live in Clive now. If you are ever traveling down I-80/35 during the day on a weekday, look at the red brick/black glass buildings on the East side of the Interstate just north of the Douglas Ave exit/over pass and you should see the car in the parking lot of the building closest to the Hotel (closer to Douglas).

But don't look for it just yet. It has been in the repair shop for over a week now. I should have it back today.

I have only seen 1 other silver Marauder in the Des Moines area, and it didn't look to well kept. Interior was a mess with all kinds of stuff hanging from the rear view mirror. Not sure about the exterior as it was winter when I last saw it and it had steel wheels and winter tires on it, too.

Black_Noise
01-17-2007, 12:04 AM
yeah, i meet that guy with the silver one in marshalltown last winter when i first got mine, he was is mtown and i did a u-turn and got up to him and we pulled off and talked for a couple minutes, he said he loved the sound of mine and he was running the black steel wheels, kind long hair and beard if i remember right, he said he drives it year round.

if your ever in marshalltown there is 2 black ones in town always, and two that live just outside of mtown.

I saw a black with non factory spoiler, tint on only rear doors and back 2 weeks ago when i was at car city looking for a the truck we ended up gettin, and ive seen 2 other blacks near the south side of DM