PDA

View Full Version : Need a Dealer Recommendation

N40GL
01-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Okay - I'm having a rough day. I need a dealer recommendation in the area (and I live out by Dulles).

I took the Marauder over to Koon's Sterling Ford today because of a slow coolant leak. On the way, the stock idler pulley seized and threw off the serpentine belt. So two things for the folks at Koon's to work on.

Koon's pops the hood, sees the supercharger, etc. and calls Ford to immediately void my extended warranty (the ESP), claiming that any modifications done to the car have now voided said warranty (in other words, the modifications to the engine will now void the warranty on, say, a power window motor). They claim to have made a notation in Oasis that says the car "is used for racing." According to Mr. Service Director, this is true for a Saleen car, a Roush car, a Kenny Brown car, and so forth (e.g. warranties are all voided as soon as the first non-Ford part goes on).

I know I have a long uphill battle about this with Ford, especially after the Service Director told me that "as far as Ford is concerned, I am God - Ford will never, I repeat never, change my decisions." Then he refused to work on the car, and had it towed to the middle of a parking lot near a nearby mall for me to deal with it. I suppose I should be grateful - he didn't charge me for the tow. I'll have to read up on Magnusson-Moss and see how to escalate this.

Mr. Service Director also told me that my car is unwelcome at all Washington-area Ford dealers, and that I will be unable to get the car serviced at any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer in the area because of the "iresponsible modifications."

All this is documented - I recorded the conversations.

So I had the car removed to Tony Ferrari's Motorsports shop (anyone with a Dynojet can't be all bad) to get the immediate problems cleaned up. But I also need a more level-headed dealer that I can go to and see if I am actually banned from any Ford dealers in the DC-VA-MD area.

Any ideas, gang?

And, yes, I called Ford's Customer Assistance Center and reported the dealer (for all the good that'll do me). I know Kenny Brown always told me that the first call should be to them, not a Ford dealer. However, with Kenny out of action, I'm stuck.

Of course, if any of the Ford folks reading this board (stealthily) care to get in touch with me to see if this is even legitimate or if my ESP can be resurrected, I'd appreciate the help. On the other hand, if you just want to make Mr. Service Director's life miserable, that's fine by me.

Oh yeah - one more thing. Don't go to Koon's Ford. You've been warned.

merc
01-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Go to Jerry's Lincoln Mercury in Manassas and ask for Don the service manager. They have worked on all my cars for over 10 years. Send me a E-mail if you want other information (mwhite@ndf.org). Sorry to hear about your troubles.

sailsmen
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Based on your post he was saying I am going to !@#$ you and see to it that all dealers in the area also !@#$ you.

Thats a very strange position for someone to take and I think you can use that to your advantage. I would report the individual to the Dealer in writing, just state the facts and let them draw their own conclusion.

I would also report to the BBB.

All he had to say was since we are unfamiliar with the mods we are not comfortable working on the car, please try one of the performance shops.

My car has been modded since it has had 2,500 miles and my dealer has honored my ESP.

Every time I bring it in I say be careful who drives it she has 560 HP. I don't want someone to get hurt. They say we know we only let the SM drive it.

Haggis
01-09-2007, 04:14 AM
That service director was just being an a$$. If Merc's dealer does not work out send me a PM.

Bluerauder
01-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Koon's pops the hood, sees the supercharger, etc. and calls Ford to immediately void my extended warranty (the ESP), claiming that any modifications done to the car have now voided said warranty......
The radio and TV ads with that "screetchy" biotch Crystal Koons should have been a tip off. She finishes every advertizement with "We're gonna WOW ya !!!". So now we know what that means. :rolleyes: It's something that I have suspected all along. Her ads have been enough to keep me away from Koons for years. ;)

I am currently using Cowles Parkway Ford down in the Woodbridge area off the Prince William Parkway & Minnieville Road. They are/were a former SVT authorized dealer. I've had a pretty good relationship with them and their service department. Of course, I don't have any performance mods :o so I can't speak to the voided warranty issue.

Brown's Lincoln-Mercury where I got the MM was tops in the area (Route 50 in Fairfax) IMHO and serviced my car for more than 2 years. Excellent service in all respects. Unfortunately, Brown's went out of business about a year ago (I heard that it was the result of a very bitter divorce settlement). :(

N40GL
01-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks, guys. Manassas is the closest to me, so I'll run over there for the next service need (probably an oil change and a lube of the Metco suspension pieces) and keep you posted.

I also just finished my BBB complaint online.

rvaldez1
01-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks, guys. Manassas is the closest to me, so I'll run over there for the next service need (probably an oil change and a lube of the Metco suspension pieces) and keep you posted.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I would not stop there, contact Ford. Not only to plead your warranty case, but to complain about the uncivil service director, "as far as ford is concerned I am God" what a jag :mad2:. Depending on what part is broken you should get it covered under warranty. Also, do you have a title on the car? is it a daily driver? than I guess it is not a racecar. :coolman: My spin on the magnusson-moss act is that the item in question needs to have solid evidence that faliure was caused by a non-factory part. Where the heck is Marty.

Badger
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Cherner off Little River Turnpike in Alexandriaas well. Very professional.

Glenn
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
This is absolutely unbelieveable treatment from a Ford dealer. Not only have ALL my mods been done by certified Ford Master Mechanics, but in the dealer's service bays including my Trilogy. It really helps to deal with an SVT performance Ford dealer. I am really grateful for Team Toyland.

Glenn

merc
01-09-2007, 07:21 PM

To hell with BBB. Complains.com has more wieght.

http://www.complaints.com/

Do a search for Koons.

The radio and TV ads with that "screetchy" biotch Crystal Koons should have been a tip off. She finishes every advertizement with "We're gonna WOW ya !!!". So now we know what that means. :rolleyes: It's something that I have suspected all along. Her ads have been enough to keep me away from Koons for years. ;)
:(

Crystal Koons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20-D1zeLjY

Bluerauder
01-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Crystal Koons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20-D1zeLjY
Yeah, Koons and Crystal sell just about everything .... Toyotas, Chevys, Fords ..... same commercial ... same screech .... different brand.

"We're gonna Wow ya !!!" :banned:

ctrlraven
01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Man that sucks, sorry you had to go through all that. If you were in MD I'd say Academy Ford in Laurel (I used to work there) I saw all types of modified vehicles came through there and they knew that a performance exhaust didn't cause an ABS module to go bad. That's just retarded, if something has a DIRECT RELATIONSHIP to a part that went bad then it would be understandable but this is like comparing apples and oranges. Hope the dealership Merc suggested can help you out without anymore hassle.

MarauderMark
01-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Hopefully no one here will give them the time of day let alone any work.Why don't we have a cam meet nearby them and we can all go in lay rubber and while each leaves we can give em the hawian finger greeting .

Bluerauder
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Why don't we have a cam meet nearby them and we can all go in lay rubber and while each leaves we can give em the hawian finger greeting .
You ain't foolin' anybody, Mark. You just wanna go down there so Crystal can "WOW" ya. ;) I'm tellin' Peg. :jk:

ctrlraven
01-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Hopefully no one here will give them the time of day let alone any work.Why don't we have a cam meet nearby them and we can all go in lay rubber and while each leaves we can give em the hawian finger greeting .I would have no problem doing that, as long as someone sets up a getaway I would do one where all the emps could see lol.