PDA

View Full Version : quick mods

Marauder281
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
What are some quick part store mods that will dress up a marauder without looking cheezy? I like those aluminum pedals but I can't find the ones with the Marauder stamp on them. I was thinking about red interior lights...what do you guys think?

KillJoy
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Opinions are like as.....well....you know ;)

IMHO, pretty much EVERYTHING you can get from an autoparts store to "bling out" your car looks cheezy.

Also, you are asking others for their opinions of what looks good. Why??? Do what YOU think looks good ;)

KillJoy

Marauder281
01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
I just need some ideas...I hate when things look cheezy but I've seen a few creative ideas like the Marauder door sills are pedals. I wish I could afford to do some engine mods but not gonna happen right now

Master
01-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Go to the vendor's section and pick out the "bling" that works for you. Lots of nice billet parts available. However, for what you will spend, you could easily get, say, the rear engine cooling kit (useful for engine lingevity), or a set of rear control arms (useful for handling), some EBC pads (useful for stopping), etc. etc. The thing about "Bling" is that it still adds up, and at the end of the year when you look at your "blinging" car, you say "oh, my god! I could have spent all that money on something truly useful"! For me, the "bling" comes after the functional adders. But that's just me.
Now. May we never speak or type the word "bling" again. Bleah!

sailsmen
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM
The chessezy vs bling test is easy.

Drop it from waist level in the parking lot and if the resulting sound is bling then it's Bling!

bradical
01-10-2007, 11:56 AM
As far as non-performance, looks-only mods go, my favorite to date are:
1) Zack badgeless grill
2) Rear lip spoiler
3) Window tint
4) Lower grille opening mod (mesh insert)

The badgeless grille, in my opinion, made the most dramatic difference in the look of the car, and really increased the "stealth" appeal. That's just my opinion, and I do agree with the other comments to go with what you think looks good.

Master
01-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I like badgeless grilles, but I'm starting to think that the logo in black-on-black would even be an improvement over stock. Its that half-assed chrome job Ford did that drives me nuts. In the first 6 months it started peeling :(
Where did you get the lower facia inserts? Custom or home-made? They look pretty decent.

fastblackmerc
01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I like badgeless grilles, but I'm starting to think that the logo in black-on-black would even be an improvement over stock. Its that half-assed chrome job Ford did that drives me nuts. In the first 6 months it started peeling :(
Where did you get the lower facia inserts? Custom or home-made? They look pretty decent.
For replacement badges see Car Motorsports. I assume your talking about the lower grill mod when you say "lower facia inserts"? If so search the site for "lower grill mod" Easy to do, will cost less than $8.00 for the materials, if you do the mod like I did.

ckadiddle
01-10-2007, 12:45 PM
My MM had an ugly black license plate frame on it when we purchased. I removed it to find four splintery screwholes through underneath, so it got put back on immediately. I couldn't find any license plate to suit my fancy, but I ran across this at a parts store to liven up the ugly black plate frame a bit:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/01-31-06_1337.jpg
Shiny polished metal with 3M auto adhesive stickyback on it.

Had the front bumper repainted do to some minor damage, now I can't bring myself to put the plate bracket back on. The fresh paint minimized the noticeability of the screwholes. Anybody need a plate bracket? Comes with grinning vampire skull and bones. :)

Marauder281
01-10-2007, 12:45 PM
now you guys are talking...I love the look of the Marauder and I know it doesn't need to be really changed alot. I meant the type of changes like the badgeless grill and little things I can do. I do belive power is better than looks and a nice little K & N filter kit has been added. Anyways those are good ideas

SMOKE
01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Good on ya with the K&N...my first mod too.

DEFYANT grill mod (as far as I know the best/better link on the subject click (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22198&highlight=lower+grill+mod)) may not register on the bling scale, but is bling enough for some of us Marauderers...entails nothing more than a run to Home Cheapo/Lowe(est) and will give you something interesting to point out (plus it 'aughta keep something from getting in the bottom breather).

Been thinking Colex coil covers for a little shine on the motor myself...although it won't make me go faster.

I have a limited budget too and I've carved out money for things that make me happy and make the big girl faster (?)...

If yours is black, it's best to keep it nice and clean, lay off the bling and keep it true, and let your savings and sweat equity back up what is a great curb appeal (these cars really stand out on their own)

Marauder281
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
I never wanted to load my car with junk. I like small things like custom petals and things like that that look cool. I'd just like to make the Marauder alittle different than the guy's down the street...(or across the state cuz they are so rare :P)