PDA

View Full Version : My New Personal Best 1/4 Mile Run---Yahoo!

Marauderman
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, Our monthly meet was at the Rock--That is in Rockingham,NC--

I had My best times=-It is a weared story--I am celebgratimg with drink --so spell ceeck is off-- OK --my first run was , with a witness and a pic of it--of 12.509 at 108.51-B U T-- The track computer was with the flu--and reported the slip way different----HOWEVER--I had my new club member--Archie taking pics with my camera and he got it on pic--to follow tomorrow--the story is funny--but great--SO since the times were messed up- I ran 3 more times cause ( "the slips" are necessary) Ya need them for anyone to believe ya---and got close and then almost better than the pic info above--
( my pic may be submmited as evidence for better claim--) :lol: I had to settle for a time slip that says 12.590 @ 107.93 with a R/T of .064 and a
60' of 1.950---------darn---I have had better 60' in MVIV--but this is cool---

ANYWAY-- I am enjoying my fruits of long lost labor---finally--however--the MM felt much stronger and felt it could do more--strange how this feeling comes over one at this point--anyway--------Tomorrow I will try and post pics and stuff--if I have problems I will get someones help---Tom

tmac1337
01-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Congratulations, thats a good run!

Hotrauder
01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Great times, Tom. glad that you have your beauty running right again. Dennis:2thumbs:

Marauderman
01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks tmac and Dennis--It was a great day and could have done even better if it hadn't been for a two hour drive back --had to leave earlier than we wanted--was on a run ya know!!!!!!..Thanks once again............Tom

Cobra25
01-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Great Run their. Congrat's!

Marauderman
01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Great Run their. Congrat's!

Thanks my friend--Glad we met at MVIV--Great to put name with face-ya know---appreciate the compliment--the whole story tomorrow--if your into reading about it----........Tom

FordNut
01-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Congratulations Tom. I knew your setup was capable, just needed the right tune! Good driving too.

Marauderman
01-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Congratulations Tom. I knew your setup was capable, just needed the right tune! Good driving too.

Thanks Brian--coming from you --I appreciate it alot----..Tom

KillJoy
01-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Nice Time!!!!

I would be VERY happy w/ that!!!!!

KillJoy

Marauderman
01-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Nice Time!!!!

I would be VERY happy w/ that!!!!!

KillJoy

Believe me--I am--........and thanks for the compliment............

Tyrone Minto
01-13-2007, 08:10 PM
personal bests are where its at no matter where you are.
nice run

jarchie
01-13-2007, 08:24 PM
And I was there to see the whole thing! No trick photography or nothing like that. If it wasn't for the bikes that where running, I think he could have got in a couple more runs and got it down the track even faster. What happened to everyone else? We had a great time, thought I was busted when that Trooper was on the other side of the hill on the way back. 2 hours is a drive, next time I will have to bring my relief driver and I may even have to run the stock boat down the track. I can't believe you guys missed this one. We could of been there in force. Not to many cars there. Tom was almost hot lapping because the wait to run was short. Well I digress, I am out for the night. Tom... I had fun and you did great! Glad I be there to help with the pit stops:burnout: Again, Congrats to Tom!!:beer:

fastblackmerc
01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Sounds like you guys had fun... sorry I missed it. Congrats on your new time Tom!!!

Smokie
01-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Congratulations Tom!!!!:beer: timeslips are for those that aren't your friends...I take the 12.509.:D

MarauderTJA
01-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Congratulations TOM:up: ....I always had faith you would get there once you got your tune squared away. And I am sure you are not done yet with another personal best:2thumbs: .

JMan
01-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Twelve-fives are great times, slips or not! I bet you caught people sleeping off the line admiring your awesome looking car. Then they got irritated when you kept pulling away on the big-end!!!

Great Job!

J

merc
01-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Spectacular run :burnout:

stevencory
01-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Tom,

Congratulations! :rock:

Perfect day for a personal best for you.
Just goes to show your ride is looking
great on the inside as well as out. :cool:

Steve Cory

Glenn
01-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats Tom, great run. See you at FFW in April, Commerce, GA.

Glenn

Marauderman
01-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Congrats Tom, great run. See you at FFW in April, Commerce, GA.

Glenn

Thanks everyone for your appreciations---......ok --whats the date for the thing in April ....casue I've got plans for the end of that month already....

Marauderman
01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Twelve-fives are great times, slips or not! I bet you caught people sleeping off the line admiring your awesome looking car. Then they got irritated when you kept pulling away on the big-end!!!

Great Job!

J

Yeah--Thanks --I've been thinking of re-naming her to "Red Line " beauty...whatcha think?.....

pantheroc
01-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Tom, very nice runs!!

JMan
01-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Yeah--Thanks --I've been thinking of re-naming her to "Red Line " beauty...whatcha think?.....

Very clever! I like it! I can hear it now- "Towerside is Red Line Beauty, 4.6l Supercharged Marauder"!

Great runs and pics (In the other thread). What size are those drag wheels and tires?

J

MarauderMark
01-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Congrats Tom :up:
C'mon Tom lets go for the top 10 section next:up::D

Mopar Boy
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Tom, this is John, I hate that I could not make the trip with you.
Good job on the runs and the times. :beer: Glad to see the tuner got your car running great. A few guys on another Forum I chat on remembered seeing your car run and how it suprised them... :coolman:

Marauderman
01-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Tom, this is John, I hate that I could not make the trip with you.
Good job on the runs and the times. :beer: Glad to see the tuner got your car running great. A few guys on another Forum I chat on remembered seeing your car run and how it suprised them... :coolman:

Thanks John--was wondering if you would be checking it--cool---so you mean some of your friends were at the Rock Saturday--if so---great---Yeah--Had a fun time once the computer got fixed--It didn't take long once a bunch of country boys marched to the tower --uh..nice to have them on my side too!!:lol:
I like the track--has a nice run off afterwards--reminds me of Gainesville ,Fla somewhat---but hey --I figured if the rocket cars runs here --I got no problem--:lol:

Due to the drive time there and back --it'll be nice once daylight is longer ....see ya when we can........and be careful out there ........

Marauderman
01-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Very clever! I like it! I can hear it now- "Towerside is Red Line Beauty, 4.6l Supercharged Marauder"!

Great runs and pics (In the other thread). What size are those drag wheels and tires?

J

Hey JMan---those are Nitto 305 DRs on 18 x10's....same as Nero's

Glenn
01-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Tom:

FFW is April 13 & 14 at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA. See you there, I got the right lane Tom.

Glenn

Dennis Reinhart
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, Our monthly meet was at the Rock--That is in Rockingham,NC--

I had My best times=-It is a weared story--I am celebgratimg with drink --so spell ceeck is off-- OK --my first run was , with a witness and a pic of it--of 12.509 at 108.51-B U T-- The track computer was with the flu--and reported the slip way different----HOWEVER--I had my new club member--Archie taking pics with my camera and he got it on pic--to follow tomorrow--the story is funny--but great--SO since the times were messed up- I ran 3 more times cause ( "the slips" are necessary) Ya need them for anyone to believe ya---and got close and then almost better than the pic info above--
( my pic may be submmited as evidence for better claim--) :lol: I had to settle for a time slip that says 12.590 @ 107.93 with a R/T of .064 and a
60' of 1.950---------darn---I have had better 60' in MVIV--but this is cool---

ANYWAY-- I am enjoying my fruits of long lost labor---finally--however--the MM felt much stronger and felt it could do more--strange how this feeling comes over one at this point--anyway--------Tomorrow I will try and post pics and stuff--if I have problems I will get someones help---Tom

I know the car can do better Tom congrats on the latest times, what was your 60' time

Marauderman
01-17-2007, 05:04 AM
I know the car can do better Tom congrats on the latest times, what was your 60' time

Thanks Dennis--Don't know the 60' for my record run--the computer slip was messed up--just have the others I posted....but it was <2 for sure.....which is good---seems what you told me to practice on at Gainesville in Nov. has helped out alot--

Hope to see ya next week while passing thru town...........Tom

sailsmen
01-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Nice run!:banana2:

Keep practising. I looked at your car at SSHS6 and I know you can break 12.

Marauderman
01-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Nice run!:banana2:

Keep practising. I looked at your car at SSHS6 and I know you can break 12.

Thanks ....wow...breaking 12's.........that would be something......that would be far more than what I would expect.....and I would definately be suprised.........but the MM has seemed stronger since the rebuild.....given the right circumstances--I suppose anything is possoble----but I'm really just just looking to lower the numbers a tad bit more......will see later with a tweek here and there .............maybe she is paying herself back for all she has gone thru---and they say cars are just pieces of metal-------I donno......but it will be fun...............