PDA

View Full Version : Marauderman's Best Run Story /Pics

Marauderman
01-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Hope the pics show ok--the first is of the record time of 12.509 @ 108.51 -- the others are of each lane position-

Archie helped me change the tires to my DR's and I checked the tire pressure--they only had 15psi--went to add some air and my pumps connector was broken for the power supply ---so I said the heck with it--run them beauties as is--This may have been the turning point for the good runs---

The first run , caught on photo by Archie, was a mess by the computer--my right lane showed it corectly but the time slip said 84MPH--WTF--- The guy next to me did a 10 sec run and he said his showed a 13 sec run--he was really upset and took it to the tower and it cause it all to get heldup ---got it all straignten out and we ran three more runs ---the next two were hot lapped and turned 12.6's then let her cool down for about 30 minutes and ran the last run at 12.59 ----Yeah--was a fun day alright--

Let me post this up and see if the pics do good --I will make another attempt to put those slips up too....

Marauderman
01-14-2007, 04:33 PM
These pics show a candid shot of me Archie got while in staging lanes--see how many cars were there----actually right after this pic was taken--a bunch of cars came up behind me----the next pic is of me in the right lane--see how close they let the spectators get to the cars---kinda dangerous I think--but great for taking pics-and the third pic is of me holding the slips--grin included---

RoyLPita
01-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Nice runs, Tom. :up:

jgc61sr2002
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Tom - Congrats, way to go. :D

glassman99
01-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Great runs!! Remember, Fast Ford Atlanta Dragway in May or so.

Marauderman
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your appreciations---I have tried to post the pics of the other three slips--but I'm not doing well--actually not a darn bit good at all....It's not easy taking close up pics --camera doesn't like it and does crazy things with the pics---..hummmmm..don't have a scanner either if your thinking that .....maybe make a copy of them and mail it to someone to post in my behalf---......that might be the ticket.......
come to think about it----I suppose it would help gain some distance on that slip page....hummm