PDA

View Full Version : EATC self test info

Bradley G
01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
To self test your EATC(Electronic Auto Temperature Control) : push the Off & Floor buttons together, then push Auto.
I am told, this is the same for all Fords, with ATC.

ezratty
01-24-2007, 05:28 PM
what will this do ?

Mike
01-24-2007, 06:10 PM
^^^^What he asked^^^^

Drock96Marquis
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/n00b.gifs

Click and read:
http://www.p71interceptor.com/eatcswap/selftest.html

Bradley G
10-08-2009, 08:19 AM
GMQ is not getting warm.
This time the codes displayed from the ATC head are 024 & 051
I replaced the blend door actuator last spring due to the same symptom.
Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module Self-Test

The EATC module self-test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A NGS tester must be used to retrieve these concerns.
The EATC module self-test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display hard diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in addition to intermittent diagnostic trouble codes for concerns that occur during system operation. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4°-32°C (40-90°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed.
The self-test can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
If any DTCs appear during the self-test, follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION for each DTC given.
If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, refer to the Symptom Chart Condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Improper Operation.
To exit self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, push the blue (cooler) button. The control will exit self-test, retain all intermittent diagnostic trouble codes and then turn OFF (display blank).
To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the EATC control assembly will turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.
Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).
Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.
EATC Hard Self-Test Faults
EATC Intermittent Run-Time Faults
NGS DTC
Description
B1249
Blend door short

B1249
Blend door failure
N/A
B1251
A/C in-car temperature sensor open circuit
N/A
B1253
A/C in-car temperature sensor short to ground
B1255
A/C ambient temperature sensor open circuit
B1257
A/C ambient temperature sensor short to ground
B1261
A/C solar radiation sensor circuit short to ground

U1041
SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speed

U1073
SCP invalid or missing data for engine coolant

U1222
SCP invalid or missing data for interior lamps

Note: While the above test is useful for diagnosis of suspected eatc related problems, many of the system outputs do not provide any feedback to the control head. Which means there could be numerous problems with your eatc system and you still get a "clean bill of health" from the self diagnostics. For instance, I did not recieve any error codes during the self test when I had the vacuum control block tubes & electrical connector unplugged, the air conditioner compressor request line not connected to anything, and the blend door actuator laying loose on a table without being attached to the plenum. If the eatc system were actually installed inside a vehicle like that, air would always flow from the defroster vents regardless of how the vehicle operator set the controls and temperature regulation would be nonexistent since the blend door could randomly flop around inside the plenum without any restrictions and the a/c compressor would never engage. Additionally, keep in mind that when set to the overide settings of either 60 or 90 degrees, the eatc head ignores temperature and solar radiation data and commands the blend door to either full warm or full cold position. So if you can't get heat in the 90 degree setting and cooled air in the 60 degree setting, your problem is NOT caused by the interior temperature, exterior temperature or sunload sensors.

cougar9150
10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
So this will kick a code out if the external temp sensor isn't displaying the correct ambient temp? I have been seeing the issue where my ambient temp is always reading about 10-20° high but as the car warms up so does the temperature displayed. It is an annoyance only as the system seems to operate fine but I would like to know close to what the actual temp is outside. Today at lunch it was reading 107° when it is in the low 90s.

No I haven't done a search on it yet but came across this thread and though I could maybe pick your brains. Going to try this when I go out for the next smoke break.

SILVERSURFER03
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
So thats what happens ..............cool

dankwun
05-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Hey, i just replaced my blend door actuator and am now getting code 051. What does 051 mean? I do not see it on this chart.

fastblackmerc
05-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Hey, i just replaced my blend door actuator and am now getting code 051. What does 051 mean? I do not see it on this chart.

Google search reveals this:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82623

RF Overlord
05-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Making this post a sticky.

fastblackmerc
05-05-2015, 12:12 PM
I'd run the self teat again. If you get the same error I'd just fugettaboutit.....