PDA

View Full Version : SVTOA Sebring April 20-22

edz
01-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Because several of yall came last year and expressed an interest in coming back I have posted the link to registration, and provided a few tips.

The SVTOA 2007 Sebring On Track is now open for registration.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/event.cfm?uidEvent=0C0A0916-09FE-D354-7D1C8662828E5ADC (http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/event.cfm?uidEvent=0C0A0916-09FE-D354-7D1C8662828E5ADC)
Welcome back the veterans (some of us this will be our fifth year) and also welcome to any first timers that want to take it to the track, in what is the Premier SVTOA event of the year. Pretty much the same format from previous years, whole course on Saturday and Sunday April 21-22. Of course the yearly gather at the bar on Friday April 20 for some serious "Bar Racing" and general lying about how much faster your car is this year than last, always a good time. Then on Saturday get out early drive real fast basically in a clockwise circle, fix everything that we broke, meet back at the bar to make excuses as to why the "equipment" is not performing up to expectations, eat the buffet, get up early Sunday back on the track. Later in the day, go home, and get on the internet and lie about how fast we went, man I can’t wait. No price increases this year ($335). Now lets look at some problems that have arisen over the years with some folks so you can prepare ahead and avoid "issues".

They try to register too late and the event is sold out.
They try to register too late and they cannot get a pit stall, and have to park in the sun on the grass.
They try to register too late, and the Saturday dinner is sold out.
They try to register for the advanced group because they have watched the speed channel for four hours per week, and got to level 5 on some x-box game, but have no real track experience.
"The cat ate my tech inspection form."
Wait until April to try to get a room at the Chateau.
They have the wrong, or no helmet. Get one now SA2000 or newer.
They do not read the cancellation policy, try to cancel 3 days after the event, and do not understand why they get $0.00.
They bring their girl friend instead of their wife, and get their picture with arm around girl friend published in Mustang magazine. (alimony + child support – Cobra = ouch)
Have missing end links on front sway bar.
Show up with a bad attitude whereas: a full refund, free track time, free dinner, and a hooker can’t make em happy.
See you at Sebring,
More later.

juno
01-29-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm registered.
Now the rest of you sorry azzes get in. :D If you have not done a track event yet, you will be amazed!!!

edz
01-29-2007, 07:26 AM
"Four" Marauder's registered so far, and its yet early.