PDA

View Full Version : Baer Brake Vibrations

frdwrnch
01-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Anyone else having brake vibration problems with the Baer brake upgrade? Can these rotors be machined? These are the 2-piece "Eradispeed" front rotors and are described by baer as warranteed against vibration. I haven't called them yet as I was wanting an idea as to how widespread the problem is or if this is unusual.

DEFYANT
01-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Oh yeah, thats normal. :mad:

Here is my thread on the subject:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31090&highlight=baer+crack

G-Man
01-28-2007, 08:24 AM
I had the same problem with mine. Haven't had it since Baer replaced the rotors (about a year now).

frdwrnch
01-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the link to the old thread, that was helpful. Some scary photos there. Still, can these be turned?

DEFYANT
01-28-2007, 09:13 AM
You can turn them, but then they'll be thiner and probably warp sooner. Bear will tell you to do the bedding and seasoning again to remove the built up pad material on the rotor surface. See my old thread above for those results.

Best part is, Bear will tell you that drilling rotors is not necessary any more and that the slots provide plenty of ventalation for off-gassing.

BTW, I have not had any problems since I switched and performace is the same.

Todd TCE
01-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Best part is, Bear will tell you that drilling rotors is not necessary any more and that the slots provide plenty of ventalation for off-gassing.

I chuckle a bit reading that knowing they single handedly nearly invented the combo drilled AND slotted rotor about 12 years ago. Until then nobody had heard of such craziness. If one's good, both must be better! Gotta love a good marketing plan. They should have patented it.

After years nearly every mfg has had to fall in line and offer it. Yea, me too. It's nearly the industry standard for looks. Funny how times change and people become more educated on such things.

Zack
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Baer Brakes Suck.
Wish I had gone with the Wildwoods.

RR|Suki
01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I chuckle a bit reading that knowing they single handedly nearly invented the combo drilled AND slotted rotor about 12 years ago. Until then nobody had heard of such craziness. If one's good, both must be better! Gotta love a good marketing plan. They should have patented it.

After years nearly every mfg has had to fall in line and offer it. Yea, me too. It's nearly the industry standard for looks. Funny how times change and people become more educated on such things.

still wanna get some slotted rotors from you, but baer won't tell me the width :mad: they really are puttin a bee in my bonnet

Todd TCE
01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Not so fast. Not totally true.

Baer produces a number of very fine products. They've also been leaders in the industry in many ways. Baer's core business centers around the PBR caliper. Same parts many oem vehicles come with. Many a Baer caliper is simply a rebadged part of the same design or spec. Add to those calipers some cool looking rotors and some good pads and you do have a nice package. Add to it some relocation brackets and a larger rotor and you see valuable increases in efficiency.

Baer also produces a fine line of fixed mount multi piston calipers of their own design and Alcon based kits. And with higher quality rotors.

Bottom line is that you won't get $5000 of brake performane from a $1000 kit. Not now, not ever.

The Wilwood kits do some things better, some not so better. And the reality is that even costing a bit more you can still do the same damage to this package that you'd do to the lesser priced part. A large part of the key is based on both pad compounds and driving habits.

Todd TCE
01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
still wanna get some slotted rotors from you, but baer won't tell me the width :mad: they really are puttin a bee in my bonnet

1.10"
But then I just see stacks of them at the same shop that does my zinc work...

I stand corrected:
The two piece would be 1.25" based on the C5 caliper.
The one piece are 1.10" as they are C4 Vette/Mustang based parts.